HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by brandonISABABE View Post
    Soon they'll be better than us.

Thats impossible, because WE make them. A human has to program them to do something, thus we are automatically smarter or as smart as them. There's no way a robot can just get intelligence that we don't have.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post

Thats impossible, because WE make them. A human has to program them to do something, thus we are automatically smarter or as smart as them. There's no way a robot can just get intelligence that we don't have.
    Untrue.

As soon as we make robots capable of thinking for themselves - then it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nain View Post
    i voted 'Not Sure' as im, not sure!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Airmax View Post
    Untrue.

As soon as we make robots capable of thinking for themselves - then it will happen.
    Robots are programed. They can only think what we tell them to think. We're pulling the strings. It's impossible to make something that even the creators cannot comprehend, it doesnt make any sense.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    Robots are programed. They can only think what we tell them to think. We're pulling the strings. It's impossible to make something that even the creators cannot comprehend, it doesnt make any sense.
    Thats kind of what I said, and airmax seems to think differently

how would they be capable to have intelligence to think more than what we've already told them to think :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Think of it this way; on some cars, the windscreen wipers turn on when it detects water.

That's a very tiny thing, I know for my argument but it proves the point if us humans program robots to do something when something happens - why is there no technology to program them to do something when they feel it's right [back to my windscreen wiper point].

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Airmax View Post
    Think of it this way; on some cars, the windscreen wipers turn on when it detects water.

That's a very tiny thing, I know for my argument but it proves the point if us humans program robots to do something when something happens - why is there no technology to program them to do something when they feel it's right [back to my windscreen wiper point].
    But WE programmed the windscreen wipers to turn on when water hits the windscreen.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    But WE programmed the windscreen wipers to turn on when water hits the windscreen.
    So what's to stop us from programming the robot to think for itself?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Aflux View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Renewable solar power.
    Solar power isnt technically renewable, as the sun will eventually run out. Plus although the solar energy will be comeing for a very long time, solar panels themselves dont last as long.

Also you need to be running a solar panel a few 100 years for it to be of benefit to the environment due to how much pollution and carbon emissions there are when creating them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 01101101entor View Post
    Solar power isnt technically renewable, as the sun will eventually run out. Plus although the solar energy will be comeing for a very long time, solar panels themselves dont last as long.

Also you need to be running a solar panel a few 100 years for it to be of benefit to the environment due to how much pollution and carbon emissions there are when creating them.
    Technological advances could produce renewable solar power?

The sun will burn out in 4.5 million years or something stupid so we'll be long gone by then.

If you think how far technology has come along since what, 1970-80 then the possibilities are endless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Aflux View Post
    Technological advances could produce renewable solar power?

The sun will burn out in 4.5 million years or something stupid so we'll be long gone by then.

If you think how far technology has come along since what, 1970-80 then the possibilities are endless.
    Go back 20 years and think of those visions of the future"we may have colonized the stars but where still useing tapes."
    Go to now, tapes are already legacy technology, cd, dvd, blu-ray etc. And where still no where near colonizing the stars.
    So its foolish to believe are technology now will be anything like what it will be in the future, solar power, nuclear power etc etc will all likely seem privative and stupid, and new far more potent, safe and clean power sources will have been developed.

Plus for your sun estimate, change your million to billion then your more on the right scale.

Plus renewable and non-renewable is simply down to the time scale your working on, wait a few 100 million years and you can renew the coal and oil stocks as well "/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast