HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I suggested this when either the CoD or Minecraft subforum was added, don't think I ever got any response to it :L

Personally, in response to Scott's suggestion, I don't see the point in distinguishing computer and console games and "online games" seems vague. I assume you wouldn't want something like Call of Duty in there but Minecraft is... If anything, it should be MMOs.
    Online games rely on the internet (Runescape, WoW, Minecraft, etc or even sites like omgpop)

PC games may include a multiplayer option but don't rely on the internet to access the game (Call of duty, GTA, etc)

It's fairly obvious what the difference is, especially if the prefixes are put in then when making a thread you'd look and see and be able to notice the difference.

I think it's better to keep them seperated as they're very different and each still has an interest.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Could have something like that but instead;

- Games (category)

-- Games Discussion
    --- Computer Games (child forum of games disc)
    ---- Online games (child forum of comp games, non forced prefix such as WoW, Minecraft, RuneScape)
    --- Console Game (child forum of games disc, non forced prefix such as Xbox, Wii, DS, PlayStation/PS)

-- Forum Games

would do fine?
    @Chris; make this happen pls

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I had no idea about the dropdown at the bottom, I like this clicking on the prefix thing though, nice add!

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 12:54 PM ----------

But what about games that aren't MMO but still online? If I wanted to discuss a game on armorgames or something...
    MMO and browser games then. The point is, to call it "online games" is far too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Online games rely on the internet (Runescape, WoW, Minecraft, etc or even sites like omgpop)

PC games may include a multiplayer option but don't rely on the internet to access the game (Call of duty, GTA, etc)

It's fairly obvious what the difference is, especially if the prefixes are put in then when making a thread you'd look and see and be able to notice the difference.

I think it's better to keep them seperated as they're very different and each still has an interest.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 01:14 PM ----------

@Chris; make this happen pls
    Minecraft doesn't require an internet connection that's my point.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

MMO and browser games then. The point is, to call it "online games" is far too vague.

Minecraft doesn't require an internet connection that's my point.
    You do have to be connected to the internet to play minecraft, even single player. If they were to separate out like Scott is suggesting the description of the forum could be as you're suggesting I suppose, call the forum Online Games and the description 'for discussions about MMO, RPG and in-browser games'?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    You do have to be connected to the internet to play minecraft, even single player. If they were to separate out like Scott is suggesting the description of the forum could be as you're suggesting I suppose, call the forum Online Games and the description 'for discussions about MMO, RPG and in-browser games'?

And there's also the mobile & X360 Minecraft.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

And there's also the mobile & X360 Minecraft.
    Well I can never see that when I try :s

Okay but if that's your point then there's lots of games which are multi-platform... you just have to use discretion as to which forum.

Personally, I'd call online games the ones in-browser and MMO and RPG games, whilst anything else is PC gaming (which functions as another kind of console), so anything on Steam or on discs such as Sims, RCT, Age of Empires etc. There's always going to be crossovers but it shouldn't be a problem as long as the forums are properly labelled.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Does this REALLY need changing because its fine as it is to me. It's been like that for a long time and it's not been an issue before.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Does this REALLY need changing because its fine as it is to me. It's been like that for a long time and it's not been an issue before.
    yes it would be better as there wouldnt be a web of sub forums that aren't even used and just most sensible in general

do it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not entirely sure of 'Online games' at all really, because the majority of games these days can be played online... I don't see any issue with having RuneScape/Minecraft/Computer Games/Console Games personally.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

can we get this done now?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Innit we seriously want this done, the people who post in gaming discussion want this done so pls!!!!! Do it

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast