HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama vs McCain

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Being British I haven't followed the election much, but I'd vote for Obama - I think his policies are better, and he seems more of a leader to me... McCain just seems like another Bush to me - just older...

Of course I'm not deciding but I hope America choose Obama, I do think though that there may be in closet racism and that McCain will win - I really hope not though.
    Considering i'm racist'n'all i hope mccain wins but im not american so ^_^

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Mary View Post
    Mccain is that one for rednecks and the other people who don't believe in dinosaurs or whatever.
    i have a great respect for mccain. the guy's obviously a great politician, and until recently he's been one of the most honest there's been in a long time, but i wont be voting for him. and while a lot of people joke about the fact that he's old, it really is a legitimate concern. which is why the choice mccain made for his vice president has been taken much more seriously than obama's choice. mccain has had cancer, and is way more prone to dying in office than any other president in history. but anyway, i dont blame either mccain or obama for the simplification of their voting blocks that come up like that. campaigns have become games, and all the name-calling is inevitable. its sad how it just divides everyone down the middle.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dantheTSAR View Post
    It is like the 1997 Labour landslide, everyone was fooled by the propaganda and thought things were going to get better, they didn't, they got worse.

I just hope for Americas sake that Obama isn't another Blair or Brown who will sink them more into debt and despair.
    True but the majority of people in the country were just sick to death of the Conservative party as they'd been in power so long.

Tokens

I believe Obama deserves to be elected president of the USA!
    It will be America's first Black president and I also believe he should win because he believes in what is right and also about Same-sex marriages should be aloud which I believe is a good thing. Whereas, McCain doesn't.

Theres my view
    Help the moderators by using the report button to report the posts you find offensive!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mayyte View Post
    It will be America's first Black president and I also believe he should win because he believes in what is right and also about Same-sex marriages should be aloud which I believe is a good thing. Whereas, McCain doesn't.

Theres my view
    From what i remember Palin is, not McCain? i also beleive same sex marriage should be illegal, even same-sex dating should be illegal. imho.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    Mccain looks like hes 90 odd, and is a joke.

Palin is a which, stuck up person you wouldn't want to meet.

Obama & his running partner are fantastic, and they can really make change.
    I've met Palin, and talked to her for a good 5-10 minutes, and she's a very nice and smart woman.

She gives a good speech, and I relate to her and her family, blue-collar hard working American Joe the Plumbers, hence why I voted for her.

Congratulations, you can call McCain old, but probably have no idea what either party stands for :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    well you forgot a tiny little job he had called united states senator for the state of illinois. oops.

and as if experience matters anyway. abraham lincoln is considered the greatest of any president in history but he was only a state senator (not national, as obama is) for a few years before becoming president. warren g. harding, however, served as a senator for 6 years and is considered the worst. i dont see how people still make the whole "no experience" argument when history has shown no correlation between how effective a president is with their past political experience. it is thus no more relevant than saying someone isn't qualified for the presidency based on how many ties they own.
    Ha! He's representing Illinois? Of course I know he's a senator.. but you must have forgot a tiny little aspect of that.. the main purpose of being a senator.. is making decisions.. which Obama has not.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ent_obama.html

I respect a man that can vote yes or no.. but I can't respect a man who won't represent his state, in making a decision.

I understand what you're talking about with Lincoln, but Lincoln could make a decision.. and Lincoln knew what he was talking about.. unlike Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Mary View Post
    Mccain is that one for rednecks and the other people who don't believe in dinosaurs or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tteh View Post
    From what i remember Palin is, not McCain? i also beleive same sex marriage should be illegal, even same-sex dating should be illegal. imho.
    I agree that same-sex marriage should be illegal.. it's not natural.. I mean two male parts can't go together..

---- -----

A woman and a mans can... -----() hence why they were made like that..?

When you buy plumbing parts.. you get male, and female ends.. not male and male ends, or female and female ends to connect to each other.

Let them do what they want inside their own homes.. but when it comes down to making them a legal couple.. screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayyte View Post

Theres my view
    Congratulations! He could be the first black president.. that makes him much more of a great guy!

He's black! So what?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Hushie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    That's not a good point at all.. yeah.. it's the modern world, I'll agree with that.. but this is to do with religion.

You're telling an entire country to change their beliefs and morals (most based on religion) just because it is the modern world and we should support gays.

That's like going to India and telling them it is the modern world, they need to eat cows, because they are starving. They don't eat cows because of religion and morals.. so changing that is just as stupid.
    Hypocrite.
    Your saying that you shouldn't force beliefs upon someone and yet you support a law banning gay marriage?.
    Wait a second, banning gay marriage, Isn't that giving the message that gay marriage is wrong, forcing your opinion upon an entire country?
    Allowing gay marriage isn't forcing anyone to change their beliefs whatsoever, it is simply allowing gay people to get married.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zobex View Post
    Hypocrite.
    Your saying that you shouldn't force beliefs upon someone and yet you support a law banning gay marriage?.
    Wait a second, banning gay marriage, Isn't that giving the message that gay marriage is wrong, forcing your opinion upon an entire country?
    Allowing gay marriage isn't forcing anyone to change their beliefs whatsoever, it is simply allowing gay people to get married.
    Are you stupid? Because you can't seem to read.

I was replying to Matt's post about saying that it is a modern world.. and we need to change and accept it..

You certainly shouldn't force your beliefs upon someone.. but you have a right to an opinion just as anyone else does.

It's not about about a "message" over an entire country.. it's about what people believe.. and what people feel comfortable with.

Allowing gay marriage is just the same.. it's saying that it is "right" and that's forcing your opinion over an entire country..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Hushie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    Are you stupid? Because you can't seem to read.

I was replying to Matt's post about saying that it is a modern world.. and we need to change and accept it..

You certainly shouldn't force your beliefs upon someone.. but you have a right to an opinion just as anyone else does.

It's not about about a "message" over an entire country.. it's about what people believe.. and what people feel comfortable with.

Allowing gay marriage is just the same.. it's saying that it is "right" and that's forcing your opinion over an entire country..
    No allowing gay marriage is allowing people their own freedom. Not allowing it is completely restricting it and giving the impression that gay people are 2nd class citizens. If gay marriage was allowed it doesn't stop people from believing that gay marriage is wrong, they don't have to get married if they don't want to. Not allowing gay marriage completely stops gay people from getting married, forcing the opinion that gay marriage is wrong upon people.

Saying that allowing something to happen makes it right is not forcing your opinion upon a country. Smoking is legal, but yet hardly anyone believes it is 'right'.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't know why you lot are even debating, most (probably over 50%) of America is obviously supporting Obama, and why? Because hes black. Just because he's the first black president doesn't make him qualifed to be in the big white house, just because he promises 'peace' with Iraq won't make it so - in fact, we're all making too much money off that place to even think about pulling out.

To be honest, I don't care who wins 'cause I'm an English *******. If I had to vote for one of them, it'd be McCain - he's always got a yes or a no, and thats what counts when making decisions, not the 'maybe' that Obama gives.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast