HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

lmao nick, just a few..

ahh im stressing. all my teachers have all of a sudden decided that i should have an insurance uni. as in a grade BBB-CCC. I knew i should but i just cant find a good one for accoun ting and finance that i want to go to. any tips and help? i have loughborough, warwick, nottingham, birmingham and lancaster atm but i should replace one with a BBB-CCC. cry i want it gone by tomorrow

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I was meant to apply before christmas apparently if i wanted a course.

Tokens

I've come to a halt on mine as my gay teacher is yet to write me a referrence.
    I applied for Business Management and International Business.
    Im applying to
    Kings college london
    Brunel
    City university
    Surrey Uni
    Kingston Uni

Even the Cat's joining in. Don't miss out!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Mine is all done and dusted and had offers from Derby and Kingston. Also applied for Nottingham Trent, UWE and Lincoln. Hoping to study History.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by N!ck
    Thanks, i will do . Did Durham invite you for an interview and what grades did they ask you for if you don't mind me asking. Also, what is your accomodation like, is it shared and what about en-suite etc? I know Josephine Butler is selfcatered. How are you finding the course and what are the teaching staff like? Are you doing 3 or 4 years.

Sorry about all the questions lol, but Durham is where i will be seriously considering if they offer me a place.
    lol, don't worry about it. Unless it's changed, you won't have an interview. One of my flatmates, who's doing Theology had one, but nobody i know doing science based subjects has. After I got an offer, I was invited to an open day though, and that was good to get to see the department and the college. I needed AAA, which included an A in physics and maths. Further maths isn't necessary, but if you're doing it, you'll have a few extra lectures you can fall asleep in without missing anything new. I don't think I got my offer until January, so you'll have a while to wait.

The accommodation at JB is pretty good. It's only a few years old, so all the buildings are nice and new. The flats consist of 6 en suite rooms sharing the kitchen. All the rooms have internet connection, and the bathrooms are good. They're really small though, and flood a bit whenever you use the shower, but apart from that they're fine. The kitchens here are pretty big, with plenty of storage space, and they get cleaned once a week. In the Butler building, there's reception, the bar and the JCR corridor (with TV room, computer room etc) and in the Howlands building (which is shared with Ustinov college) we've got the laundry room, music room, gym, and all the formals are held there. There's also loads of support for if you're feeling down, or having problems with your course or anything, and I assume that will be similar at all colleges.

I'm actually doing theoretical physics, which is a 4 year course, but in the first 2 years all physics courses are pretty much the same. Each year you need to do 6 modules. In the first year, Foundations of Physics 1 and Discovery Skills in Physics are compulsory. You have a choice of Maths modules. You can either do Single Maths A and B (which I'm doing), which is reccommended, as it has all the maths you'll need for physics in, but if you think you might change your mind in future years and want to do just maths, you can do Core Maths A and B (Core A is a double module). If you choose Single A and B, you'll have a module left over, and you can do any module from any course at the university, but the physics depertment do an introduction to astronomy module (which i'm doing). So far, the course has been ok. It has been quite a big jump in difficulty from A level though. Classical mechanics is a lot harder; there's loads of vectors and calculus. Special Relativity is also a bit confusing. Mostly it hasn't been too bad though. Most of the lecturers are good, with the major exception of the optics lecturer - he couldn't explain basic trigonometry! Our single maths B lecturer is awesome, though! You'll get a physics tutorial each week, and a couple of maths tutorials where you can go through questions, and ask about things you don't understand. You've also got a 3 hour lab session each week, and you'll have a few lab reports to write.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks for the help +rep. I'll let you know if/when any other questions come to mind lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Omg bump, but i actually sent mine off last night, after a traumatic ordeal with my personal statement. How exciting.

Tokens

wow i didn't know so many people were headed off to uni this year. I've sent mine a while ago now, applied for a 3 year physics degree. Got some of the same uni's as you Nick , applied to warwick, leeds, nottingham, imperial and bath. Still waiting to hear something from imperial.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Got a conditional from Manchester, AAA. Interview/open day at Liverpool tomorrrow.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

im only in year 12, but i wanna know summit. is there a limit to how many unis you can apply to? ma mate was like 3, but i dont rly believe that as that seems quite low.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast