HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Plebings View Post
    I won't stop denying that Lady GaGa has upped pop's game.
    unless you mean just musically, she definitely has. the clothing, videos, image, performance, she pushes the boundaries and whether you think the way she does that is good or not you cant deny she does. but if you do just mean musically then fair enough its down to opinion. but no pop singer has made the kind of instant impact that she has done in a long time, fact

Quote Originally Posted by samsaBEAR View Post
    I just don't like pop music
    i know, but what im saying is its ignorant to say you dont like it because "all pop musicians are talentless people."
    Last edited by Judas; 11-10-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    you can be my daddy

Tokens
    Habbo
    ChickenFaces

Latest Awards:

The Beatles are sexy. End of story.

I'm on my knees
    you're my favorite disease.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    Is it just me who gets annoyed when people say they hate "old music" - define old music please
    Music that is old. Doesn't take a rocket scientist

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I prefer older music. I've been quite into thrash metal the last few years, and love Metallica in particular, but before that I was listening to The Who, and stuff. Don't get me wrong I love almost all music, and listen to all sorts, occasionally listen to Mozart from time to time aswell, just to relax and get lost in it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    KyoraStryker

Latest Awards:

Is it just me who gets annoyed when people say they hate "old music" - define old music please?
    I don't think you can get any more obvious than what has been provided.

Old music: Anything earlier than the music between the 80s to present day. Hell, even the 80s can be viewed as old to some people.

BIG thank you to the graphics department for making this banner. I LOVE IT!

"If Herbal Essences shampoo has all these exotic effects on women, is their hair really the first place they put it?"
    Last +rep: Shar,
    Next posting goal: | 100 | 250 | 500 | 1,000 | 1,500 | 2,500 | 5,000 | 10,000 |

Tokens

Latest Awards:

pre-spice girls

magik*magik

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by KyoraStryker View Post
    I don't think you can get any more obvious than what has been provided.

Old music: Anything earlier than the music between the 80s to present day. Hell, even the 80s can be viewed as old to some people.
    Thats the problem though - sometimes I may hear a track and like it its like a few months old or something and someone goes thats old now.

Everyone has a different idea of what is old.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Haaaaarry View Post
    unless you mean just musically, she definitely has. the clothing, videos, image, performance, she pushes the boundaries and whether you think the way she does that is good or not you cant deny she does.
    i hate to be the doucher to argue but i honestly don't think she's pushed any boundaries at all. image is always progressing through time, really her appearances and performances seem like just a logical extension of what has already been in the spectrum of pop, if that makes sense. i guess i cant really think of another artist that dresses like her per se, but i dont see her image as completely far-fetched from where it was before, and given the fact that every new female pop artist attempts to make themselves a groundbreaking if not concept-driven image, i dont really see what separates her from any other female pop star.

when i think of musicians who have been able to infiltrate and push the boundaries of pop, i think of people like kate bush or david bowie.

Thats the problem though - sometimes I may hear a track and like it its like a few months old or something and someone goes thats old now.

Everyone has a different idea of what is old.
    its all context. pop songs age exponentially. you play a random track from a moderately successful artist that came out in say, 2003, and no one will really immediately comment on its age because in the context of music that isn't well-known, time is not what matters most. the song is being played because it is good, not because it is necessarily relevant. however if you were to play "i gotta feeling" by the black eyed peas today, people would groan about how old it is even though its only about a year. cause in the pop spectrum, whats considered "new" changes fast. but in the context of this thread, when i think of "old" songs, its either usually a) songs that came out before i was born or b) songs that came out while i was alive but didn't have the capacity to enjoy when it did.
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 12-10-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good reply - it just annoys me when people say i like new music not old music - define new music - cos i hate most rap stuff but i like new stuff coming out from other generes.

People should love the sound regardless of the age.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    i hate to be the doucher to argue but i honestly don't think she's pushed any boundaries at all. image is always progressing through time, really her appearances and performances seem like just a logical extension of what has already been in the spectrum of pop, if that makes sense. i guess i cant really think of another artist that dresses like her per se, but i dont see her image as completely far-fetched from where it was before, and given the fact that every new female pop artist attempts to make themselves a groundbreaking if not concept-driven image, i dont really see what separates her from any other female pop star.

when i think of musicians who have been able to infiltrate and push the boundaries of pop, i think of people like kate bush or david bowie.

its all context. pop songs age exponentially. you play a random track from a moderately successful artist that came out in say, 2003, and no one will really immediately comment on its age because in the context of music that isn't well-known, time is not what matters most. the song is being played because it is good, not because it is necessarily relevant. however if you were to play "i gotta feeling" by the black eyed peas today, people would groan about how old it is even though its only about a year. cause in the pop spectrum, whats considered "new" changes fast. but in the context of this thread, when i think of "old" songs, its either usually a) songs that came out before i was born or b) songs that came out while i was alive but didn't have the capacity to enjoy when it did.
    Oh Sam I love it when you occasionally post, I always have so much fun reading your posts haha

Good reply - it just annoys me when people say i like new music not old music - define new music - cos i hate most rap stuff but i like new stuff coming out from other generes.

People should love the sound regardless of the age.
    New music is music that is new, good lord you're not very quick are you

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast