HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I don't believe anyone or the paper has said the actual type of ID card that Labour proposed (and earlier on Michael Howard of the Conservatives) is returning, simply that a new national ID card type system is being implemented by a government which one of the only differences it promised between itself and the previous government was over the issue of ID cards and the big state. The worry is, especially with their strange silence over the issue, that it [this prototype] will simply morph before long to cover the entire population - all three of them as i've pointed out have their fingers in this pie.

It would be wise to follow your own advice!
    Again, stop twisting what the article said. There has been no mention of ANY ID CARD, only that you'll be able to log onto government websites with your Visa card (Why you'd want to do that is beyond me) this is in no way anything like what Labour were doing ore anything like what you're implying. The reason why there's a silence over this issue is because this issue doesn't actually exist.

1) do you trust private companies to interact with the government without over-charging
    2) is the data protected from the government so they can not have 'access'
    3) will the data be secure
    4) will the system be more or less fraud-resistant.
    5) the scope of the project (how many 'government websites' will it spread to? HMRC/NHS/DirectGov/Student Finance?)
    This is a man asking the right questions. Since VISA is backing this most likely this system will be airtight (Unlike Sony's...), and since the data contained will be so sensitive (Although just as sensitive as it was before, just in one place) I would expect they'd hire someone with half a brain and use some strong AES encryption on all he data.. Hopefully it'll be all the government websites, otherwise it's a bit like having a different login for all the different google services or similar.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 28-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Again, stop twisting what the article said. There has been no mention of ANY ID CARD, only that you'll be able to log onto government websites with your Visa card (Why you'd want to do that is beyond me) this is in no way anything like what Labour were doing ore anything like what you're implying. The reason why there's a silence over this issue is because this issue doesn't actually exist.

This is a man asking the right questions. Since VISA is backing this most likely this system will be airtight (Unlike Sony's...), and since the data contained will be so sensitive (Although just as sensitive as it was before, just in one place) I would expect they'd hire someone with half a brain and use some strong AES encryption on all he data.. Hopefully it'll be all the government websites, otherwise it's a bit like having a different login for all the different google services or similar.
    Any system is open to flaws somewhere, we're human, we cannot make a 'perfect' system. Banks constantly have issues with these things but they're so big they manage to keep them quiet and deal with them quickly and quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    Any system is open to flaws somewhere, we're human, we cannot make a 'perfect' system. Banks constantly have issues with these things but they're so big they manage to keep them quiet and deal with them quickly and quietly.
    I didn't say they weren't susceptible but unlike in a lot of systems security will be considered at every step.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Its All Just WIERD......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234