HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gene Therapy

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I feel like you're taking what's being said in this thread far too personally.
    I do have a question for you though. Do you think an autistic person who is of adult age, who cannot leave the side of his mum, dad or sister, is really going to be able to live a normal life?
    Tom has anything I said been insulting to her in any way possible...? LOL..
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    One song can change the mood, trigger a memory.
    One song can change your life.
    Listening to my heart

**|Live Life|Be Real|And Order Your Burger With Everything|12/28/14|**1/18/16**

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It's not offensive to call a disease a disease
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by _HeyyItsHannah_ View Post
    *Snippity Snip*
    my autism has always been clear despite not getting diganoised at 13 and it effects me everyday In many different ways which
    is why its a big part of who I am? now would I want to change who I am? no I don't might be some bits I hate but no way
    would I want to change who I am

and why is pointing out your succsues in education gotta do with it? nothing but has been said autism does link to a higher IQ
    I was always getting kicked out of school (the head teachter didn't like me hitting him) I left school with nothing but I tbh I gave
    in with school 4 years later I'm going to uni? to do what? well to start with a foundation course in maths and engeeging then on
    to aircraft engeering? you know why? cos this autism gives me obssions that happens to be planes

but get my point here I woudnt want to cure my autism as its just a big part of me it may make things a little harder but I'm a
    willing and hard working person and I just couldn't imange life not being autsic (also how would I skip queues in theme parks? ey
    autism has its perks just gotta look on the bright side of life)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It's not offensive to call a disease a disease
    do I let that past or not... no I cant none said that we are mainly talking about autism not a disease
    Last edited by Cerys; 07-03-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    my autism has always been clear despite not getting diganoised at 13 and it effects me everyday In many different ways which
    is why its a big part of who I am? now would I want to change who I am? no I don't might be some bits I hate but no way
    would I want to change who I am

and why is pointing out your succsues in education gotta do with it? nothing but has been said autism does link to a higher IQ
    I was always getting kicked out of school (the head teachter didn't like me hitting him) I left school with nothing but I tbh I gave
    in with school 4 years later I'm going to uni? to do what? well to start with a foundation course in maths and engeeging then on
    to aircraft engeering? you know why? cos this autism gives me obssions that happens to be planes

but get my point here I woudnt want to cure my autism as its just a big part of me it may make things a little harder but I'm a
    willing and hard working person and I just couldn't imange life not being autsic (also how would I skip queues in theme parks? ey
    autism has its perks just gotta look on the bright side of life)

- - - Updated - - -

do I let that past or not... no I cant none said that we are mainly talking about autism not a disease
    Honestly, I don't understand you. Why the hell wouldn't you want to cure it????? You don't have to take the ******* pill skip as many theme park rides as you want.

Let me ask you this.....

If there was a chance that your baby was going to have autism, say it affected it the same way it affected you, and there was a way to fix it, would you?

I'm pointing out my educational successes to say that I'm in the same boat as you. I'm studying, i'm doing this and that, and mine affects myself a lot less than it affects you, but I still want to cure it.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Why are you taking everything as aimed towards you specifically? The point of this thread to begin with was to discuss gene therapy and peoples owns opinions, so if you aren't prepared to listen to peoples opinions then perhaps you aren't ready to be making threads.

Also, you're not the only one in the world with autism. There's probably millions of people out there suffering from the disease/disorder (and i'd bet a lot that the large majority would prefer not to suffer from it), so what the people in this thread are saying isnt aimed towards you its all general.

you realllyyy need to take a step back and chill out :rolleyes::dance:
    Last edited by Cerys; 07-03-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    Why are you taking everything as aimed towards you specifically? The point of this thread to begin with was to discuss gene therapy and peoples owns opinions, so if you aren't prepared to listen to peoples opinions then perhaps you aren't ready to be making threads.

Also, you're not the only one in the world with autism. There's probably millions of people out there suffering from the disease/disorder (and i bet the large majority would prefer not to suffer from it), so what the people in this thread are saying isnt aimed towards you its all general.

you realllyyy need to take a step back and chill out :rolleyes::dance:
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING THANK YOU CERYS. Autism is the third most common neurodevelopmental disease out there and it affects 1 out of 110 kids in the U.S. What i'm saying is, what the ****??? People all over the world are badly affected by this and prefer not to suffer from it and then boom you're over here all egotistical like no we must not cure autism!!! I'm the only one that should have an opinion! Don't take the pill then!!! Or whatever treatment they make. Just let these god **** kids live a normal life. Not get made fun of for once. Not be different. Let them live a better life. Would you not want that for your child?
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Ruth this is getting painful to watch.

Nobody in here is wanting to insult you. No one in here is making personal remarks about you. Everyone else is capable of looking at autism objectively and then decide on their opinion after considering it as a wider issue.

Why do you keep quoting people saying "this isn't personal to you but..." and you reply with (paraphrasing obv) "wow that is so personal. I am so insulted"

How are people supposed to have a genuine discussion about autism as a whole (not RuthOnToast's autism, but autism as a general term) when you're jumping in every two seconds reading insults that are not there into people's posts? More importantly, why make a thread asking people about it and then have a temper tantrum when they share what they think?

If you think we're wrong about autism, tell us objectively why. Not another "how dare you say that", not another "well personally...", take a more objective approach.

Your current argument of "well autism is fine because it's fine for me" is roughly the same as someone saying "well I had malaria and I didn't die so it's just a big fuss about nothing". No. It means you're lucky you're a high functioning autistic - many people aren't blessed with such luck. Now, what do you think about this thread in relation to them? (Just to be doubly clear, I said in relation to them. Not. To. Yourself.)

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    A disease is a particular abnormal condition, a disorder of a structure or function, that affects part or all of an organism.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    A disease is a particular abnormal condition, a disorder of a structure or function, that affects part or all of an organism.
    Tom she's saying that no one is talking about autism not being a disease. She knows it is. Or she does now after I explained it.

Just a miscommunication it's ok x
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by _HeyyItsHannah_ View Post
    Tom she's saying that no one is talking about autism not being a disease. She knows it is. Or she does now after I explained it.

Just a miscommunication it's ok x
    Are you actually saying its a disease wtf?
    Never seen anyone say that before.
    Tbh i get defenceive even if someone calls it a disability its just a personal thing i don't like to refer myself as having a disability think just a way i cope with matters

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RuthOnToast; 07-03-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast