HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nope, you said it was a main issue and we were clearing it up that there is nothing Habbox can do about it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Well seeing as theres no place for humour in this section:

Raising Presence on Habbo itself
    Get rid of the elitism/ cliqueness that makes new members alienated
    New Forum Skins
    Strong Management teams who are willing to put change into place.
    Addition of vBulletin mods to add new incentives - eg badges

2 and 3 are in the process of being dealt with.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

To be fair it's not really about humour if you state something as a main point in a serious thread. That aside it's good to hear that things are starting to be looked into, what are you intending to do about people having friends though? That's somewhat a fundamental part of human nature and you can't really make policy about how close you can be with another forum member.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

why can't management just accept some critisism on what some members think is important. Saurav, phone and myself just think that moderation needs to be done by people who post often and get involved and then you've said why and we've said so plus given examples. we're entitled to our opinions and we think it would help the forum.

[/rant]

veering more back ot.

i think the main issue is making members feel more welcomed and find ways of bringing members together and not being intimidated by the cliques that are present on the forum (there's nothing wrong with cliques and it would kill hxf off if they were hampered, it's just that for newcomers it is a bit daunting when you don't know anything about what is being said).

kthxbi.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Oh yes we have no intention of destroying friends or groups. That would be silly and completely wrong.

We just want to stamp out people acting above newer members in a negative way. And yes I can understand what you are saying FJ, sorry I got a bit silly there.

Alex no one has said you aren't entitled to them. you are more than welcome to criticise us, the only issue Oli and I had was the targetting of a new moderator.

I actually agree moderators should post. I know I make a bit of a hash of it at times but I do try, as I am now. But being a moderator can also be an incentive to post. Before I took on General I never posted much.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by phone View Post
    And Comp and Events are supposedly going to get better in the new and get more users. Even though i made a thread about them back in September and they said it would happen then and there, but it keeps getting put of
    I've just looked through all the threads you started and haven't been able to find anything that would suggest improvements towards Comps/Events. Unless you've put it in a different thread, can you please point this thread out because I can't seem to find it?

The competitions department already is improving imo. We've started pushing the boundaries a lot further than they were. Not one 'FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS PRESENT' or 'FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS MEMORY' in sight this Christmas because I wanted to move away from the same old repetitive stuff. Instead we have a long-running storyline featuring the Grinch stealing characters. Whether this is better or not is unknown until we recieve constructive feedback, not just 'comps/events are crap' cos it doesn't help anyone.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I've just looked through all the threads you started and haven't been able to find anything that would suggest improvements towards Comps/Events. Unless you've put it in a different thread, can you please point this thread out because I can't seem to find it?

The competitions department already is improving imo. We've started pushing the boundaries a lot further than they were. Not one 'FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS PRESENT' or 'FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS MEMORY' in sight this Christmas because I wanted to move away from the same old repetitive stuff. Instead we have a long-running storyline featuring the Grinch stealing characters. Whether this is better or not is unknown until we recieve constructive feedback, not just 'comps/events are crap' cos it doesn't help anyone.

On my old account, i got banned. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=600583 xxx

While were at it, something most memebers want.. ?
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=601067

Inseriousity, them comps are soooooooo boring. Why don't you Get an image, crop it into loads of little pieces and hide parts of of it on the site or in threads on the forum (get matt or garion to edit threads and put it there) and give clues to where the next piece is etc. God is it so hard to come up with things like that? Took me all of 2 seconds to come up with something i would take part in and im sure people who don't usually would or people who a reading threads come across a piece it and say "oh that looks good might take part"
    Last edited by hah; 20-12-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    +1

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

On my old account, i got banned. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=600583 xxx

While were at it, something most memebers want.. ?
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=601067
    Your last one is built into vB4 by default.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Aah yes I remember that thread now.
    Why do you always group the Comps/Events departments together? That thread is exclusively for events imo and it's quite disheartening when you say comps haven't improved because we don't run 'Big Brother' etc and that's because it's not in our job description (and no I don't think they should be merged either as I've already explained why). On that month, the comps department ran a forum quest. The month after, there was a Blog Competition, the month after there was the Arcade Tournament, so yes, while they are not Love Island and Big Brother, they are moving away from the repetitive competitions that are normally seen.

As for events, we are currently running 'The Cube', so they have listened to what you say. These things just take time to bring to fruition as they need to be thought through carefully.

Maybe you're complaining because you haven't seen them advertised. If there is one major problem with competitions that I would agree with, it's the poor advertising. This is our aim for the new year... and that's a promise!

edit: as for your idea, we could do that. We did a similar thing with the forum quest I mentioned but used questions rather than a picture.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 20-12-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    Your last one is built into vB4 by default.
    I hope you enable it and allowed users to use it