HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    As i mentioned earlier, about trying to help new members settle in. I created a thread in the welcome forums to try and do just this:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=6193788

Any thoughts/ ideas for improvement + would a mod/admin be able to pin if they think its helpful. Thanks
    That's brilliant, Matt is busy with the Panto right now but I'll be sure to forward this to him or Garion if I see him online ASAP.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    That's brilliant, Matt is busy with the Panto right now but I'll be sure to forward this to him or Garion if I see him online ASAP.
    Out of interest, do you know if there's any way of giving someone unlimited edit time to a particular forum? As being able to go back in and edit my thread myself would be really useful in terms of being able to keep everything up-to-date and add to it? I'm not sure if it's doable on a one off basis or not "/

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It would be possible if you had mod perms in that section, not sure if it works for one thread
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It would be possible if you had mod perms in that section, not sure if it works for one thread
    Impossible to do as per one thread, but PM a Super Moderator, myself or Matt and we will happily update it
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens

Latest Awards:

On the topic of new member retention a have a few gems from one of the ghost of habbox past.

We know ourselves, that when we meet new people in life, you have to strike up conversation to make people sometimes feel comfortable in a new environment.

It's a bit like walking into a strange room, you say hi and the odd person replies, but no one actually talks to you. So you sit quietly, and probably leave. New members sometimes need to find their confidence, so by making convo in a thread it helps
    I think the example really brings home the point and does explain why many of the new members no longer really feel welcome. It also conflicts with what quite a few have been claiming each time the fact that quite alot of the "hello" thread replys are just spam. Previously this has been ignored and allowed as, as has been said in every thread asking for the removal of postcount increase in the forum, it makes new members feel welcome.

The truth is the, hi/hello/gday welcome messages that come from this dont really cut it, in terms of getting new members involved. Maybe enforcing a few light aint spam rules in the forum would help, even if it just made the posters replying to the hello threads put a little more thought in to there replys

I also, agree with their idea of the staff possibly takeing a more active role in this, even if they are busy with other things. After all getting new members in to the forum is essential for its long term survival.
    In order for new members to stick around, they firstly need to feel welcome, and by that I don't mean a post in the welcome forum, that just reads welcome to Habbox. What's stopping staff from posting there? Hi welcome to Habbox (name) I'm so and so and I moderate the games forum or any other forum, if you ever need advice in that forum just drop me a pm etc etc. I'm sure most new members would prefer a post with some meaning, obviously it's great that members welcome newcomers, but quite honestly I feel staff should try a little harder, don't take offence guys, but you with the red name lol. Being new to the forum can be quite intimidating, particularly for those not familiar with the workings, so who better to welcome a new member, and why not ask how they discovered the forum? Make conversation it's not difficult!

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=617781
    Look at the intro, fabulous reply from -:Underworld:- a member of staff.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=616892
    It took over 4 hours for someone to reply to new member.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=617824
    Very welcoming thread.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=618301
    New member is criticized.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=618282
    Two members of staff who post in most if not all welcome threads reply.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=618015
    New member asks for tip, not one is given lol.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=617671
    Not one single reply? Any reason why?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    That's what annoys me. Not maybe this specific example but management in general doing extra things and using it as an excuse not to perform their duties. Another thing I've noticed is that some people think their job is far too safe - they don't do their job properly because there is no chance of them being fired. One thing needs to be made clear, no matter how good somebody is at their role, they can be replaced by somebody who will do their role just as well.

Also, I see staff misbehaving and breaking rules, nvr or smiddy would have got rid, that won't happen any longer. I used to report them but nothing gets done, might as well talk a brick wall, staff aren't disciplined like members are. Unless this gulf is closed then of course members aren't going to want to stay around.

These aren't fundamental reasons of the decline but just a couple that I'd thought I'd throw into the melting pot in the hope things might get done. If General Management aren't acting why are they still here? Get rid of Nvr, get a permanent GM in - until that happens no change is going to happen. I don't really care who it is, a GM is better than no GM. Don't feed me that rubbish that Jin is currently GM because he certainly doesn't give that impression. Get a GM, community GM and then things will get better as changes will start happening, changes that are long over due.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    That's what annoys me. Not maybe this specific example but management in general doing extra things and using it as an excuse not to perform their duties. Another thing I've noticed is that some people think their job is far too safe - they don't do their job properly because there is no chance of them being fired. One thing needs to be made clear, no matter how good somebody is at their role, they can be replaced by somebody who will do their role just as well.

Also, I see staff misbehaving and breaking rules, nvr or smiddy would have got rid, that won't happen any longer. I used to report them but nothing gets done, might as well talk a brick wall, staff aren't disciplined like members are. Unless this gulf is closed then of course members aren't going to want to stay around.

These aren't fundamental reasons of the decline but just a couple that I'd thought I'd throw into the melting pot in the hope things might get done. If General Management aren't acting why are they still here? Get rid of Nvr, get a permanent GM in - until that happens no change is going to happen. I don't really care who it is, a GM is better than no GM. Don't feed me that rubbish that Jin is currently GM because he certainly doesn't give that impression. Get a GM, community GM and then things will get better as changes will start happening, changes that are long over due.
    My advice on this is Hire gommeinc. He's good with this kinda stuff

Where is nvr these days anyways? he used to be pretty active?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah i said get replace catszy in one of my posts today, its clear she has died or something

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I can see where you are coming from. But for my small reason this evening: I got offered to take part in the panto and I took it, so I could get involved with others things around Habbox and also to take part in the Habbo-based event. But since that is now over and done with, I'm here.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 20-12-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Matt took out an hour to help with an event that will increase Habbox and Habbox Forum's popularity. Don't see what is bad about that? He spends a lot of time on the Forum and if he goes and does something else for one hour I don't think it's something worthy of criticism.

As for staff rule breaking - care to give examples? I know for a fact that where staff break rules it is always forwarded to Sammeth who will always take necessary action. There might be a little backlog at the moment though; Sam is away and I am awaiting a reply from Jin in regard to who will be carrying out his role in the mean time.

The staffing issue is something that has been iterated repeatedly. It really is about time it gets sorted.
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini