HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

As I don't have a lot of time I'm only making one small point for now...

The thing that annoys me most about it, is the fact if I need money I need to go out and get a job. Therefore I do not have as much time to study and therefore effectively do worse in my exams.

Meanwhile, just because the majority of peoples parents can't be bothered to get off their ****, other people get the same amount of money as I do from a job except they have the additional time to study and therefore do better in their exams as well?!

It's outrageous.

We should all get it or no-one should get it imo.
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post

The thing that annoys me most about it, is the fact if I need money I need to go out and get a job. Therefore I do not have as much time to study and therefore effectively do worse in my exams.

Meanwhile, just because the majority of peoples parents can't be bothered to get off their ****, other people get the same amount of money as I do from a job except they have the additional time to study and therefore do better in their exams as well?!

It's outrageous.

lol as always, well said
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post

It's outrageous.

Straight to the Honest truth

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    EMA students get up to £30 a week just for turning up....
    EMA students get a bonus at christmas and other holidays if all there work has been handed in...
    No, we get one in February and one in May.

I get £30 per week and I think it's perfectly fair, my dad doesn't live with us and my mum is having to stay at home to home-school my sister so we have no income other than benefits. I'd bet most of you who don't get EMA get some sort of allowance for your parents, or they at least buy things for you so what do you have to complain about?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jazza View Post

I get £30 per week and I think it's perfectly fair, my dad doesn't live with us and my mum is having to stay at home to home-school my sister so we have no income other than benefits. I'd bet most of you who don't get EMA get some sort of allowance for your parents, or they at least buy things for you so what do you have to complain about?
    wrong, i actual;ly get nothing off my parents. i dont understand why your mam cant get a job and send you daughter to school? And you do get one at christmas
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Haha and that's not me even started!

I simply think the fact that the government are in a way rewarding the fact that a large amount of people sit at home and live off benefits is simply going to make the situation of our society even worse. If they are given people at school such a benefit then they are immediatley being set a bad example from the very start and they are more likely to to go through life relying on benefits.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I understand some peoples parents both do work and circumstances etc. simply mean they have a low income - which is fair enough. But I just think everyone or no-one should have it.

They also don't take into account siblings. For example, an only child may receive EMA because their parents receive under the £30 000 or whatever and get £30 a week. However, I could have 6 brothers/sisters and therefore just because my parents earn above that amount there is obviously less being spent on us an individuals. I say this as my mother and father recently had a baby which is extremely expensive and I feel so guilty asking for money, then I hear other people being like "OH I GET MY £150 EMA BONUS THIS WEEK"... It's like ugh.. it's an utter disgrace.
    Ostinato...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Papershop View Post
    wrong, i actual;ly get nothing off my parents. i dont understand why your mam cant get a job and send you daughter to school? And you do get one at christmas
    Because she has polycystic ovaries and is ill a lot, so she got expelled for being absent so much. And we don't get one at Christmas, in the assembly on Monday they told us May and February.
    Last edited by Jazza; 20-09-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No actually your sadly mistaken. Just because peoples parents earn more than yours doesn't mean they give them anything they want when they want. I get given money to go to school and I get fed etc. as everyone else does by my parents. However, they don't just hand me £30 at the end of each week.

And your sitting saying it is "perfectly fair". Well, I'm glad you think it is for you cause it sure as hell aint fair on the people who don't get it.

Edit: And although I know not everyone who gets the EMA's parents are unemployed but from personal experience i know a lot are... In relation to that, why the hell should my parents spend their hard earned money just because yours are damn lazy?! (I would like to emphasise that is a generalisation as I know not everyone is in such a circumstance)
    Last edited by Ostinato; 20-09-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    Ostinato...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ye lol and then you get the people who complain that £30 isnt enough. Perhaps they should go out and find a job like the majority of us
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Because she has polycystic ovaries and is ill a lot, so she got expelled for being absent so much. And we don't get one at Christmas, in the assembly on Monday they told us May and February.
    Thats ********, go to the docters and they sort it.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast