HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    The department was closed in 2007 (I think or early 2008), back when Professor-Alex was Articles and Forum Manager. Where have you been?
    Living under a rock it would seem but then again I was the manager in 2006 and after I resigned I no longer used the main Habbox website. It is totally alien to me now. I really have no clue what is going on anymore. Surprised it went under Professor-Alex's regime though, he seemed to be doing a good job. Although I do remember a thread being made concerning the future of the Articles department some years ago. I wrote a lengthy essay in the thread and gave so many suggestions, but they were never acted upon. If only they listened to me, things would be different right now. :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
    neversoft, you are our fountain of great knowledge; especially articles! Please enlighten us with your opinion?

Should articles go under news, ran by the same person but two different items? ie, habbo (and news), and real life/articles?

or articles separate, ran by different people?
    I don't think my opinion is particularly valid when it comes to the website since I am so out of touch with Habbox now. I don't think whoever the news manager is should be forced to take upon articles as well though, that would be unfair. The departments should co-operate and the articles should be posted alongside the news, but there should be a separate articles manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.McCall View Post
    I'd beg to differ. You were my manager remember haha.

I think Professor-Alex was last Articles Manager.
    Bah, beg to differ will you. Back when you were a troublemaker I was the one who debated with 8Freak8 to get you hired.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I agree. But the departments are different, habbo and then real life. I agree with what you said it's all correct. There's nothing stopping that happening if the articles isn't ran by the same person?

I just don't understand how we would benefit from a merged department. If anything they suffer, the manager would have both. Won't news suffer then if there's 'a lot to take on in the creation of a department'? Then everyone will blame articles.

I just feel that the department would benefit from one manager each. Not one manager for both. Why not the content manager creates the department then moves on? since you're saying no to the agm.

Why are you so against it being part of news?

News can hardly suffer, there aint that much of it these days anyway, and often Habbo stuff is infrequent and that's where we have no choice but to produce non habbo news anyway.

I would stop referring to articles as a "department" when really it doesnt need it's own "department" to become an active part of the site. We have the time/tools and people to get the job done, so why not let us have a go?

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

well my question then, does that mean you'll exclude members (like myself) who has moved on and doesn't want to do anything habbo related? can I just be article staff or do I need to join the news?
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

well my question then, does that mean you'll exclude members (like myself) who has moved on and doesn't want to do anything habbo related? can I just be article staff or do I need to join the news?
    Details like that would have to be discussed with General management, but if my department was to move into things like articles then you would be find applying to do articles stuff.

Just like some reporters at the moment don't touch Habbo, we've had sports reports/technology reporters and entertainment reporters in the past that haven't touched anything Habbo related.

I would very much like to hire people who would be interested in articles though, depending on what we go for.

Like I said, If you don't like Habbo then that's fair enough, the News department isn't all about Habbo, it's just one of the things we offer, and that some member of the department do/enjoy.

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

Tokens

Latest Awards:

that's good, it'd be absolutely mad for you to have it as one staff across the board!
    It may work I guess. I don't feel I'd want to work with you, and as a staff member I don't 'love' you (only way of putting it nicely ) so I doubt I'll be applying.

and in the message you kindly deleted (because it actually showed you said no) you offered me no alternative to habbo you said "wait until the next structure" and yes, that's paraphrasing so don't dare give me a warning for that!
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

that's good, it'd be absolutely mad for you to have it as one staff across the board!
    It may work I guess. I don't feel I'd want to work with you, and as a staff member I don't 'love' you (only way of putting it nicely ) so I doubt I'll be applying.

and in the message you kindly deleted (because it actually showed you said no) you offered me no alternative to habbo you said "wait until the next structure" and yes, that's paraphrasing so don't dare give me a warning for that!
    Yeah I agree, I don't like people being forced to do things they aren't enjoying/comfortable with and so it would be two clear sections.

You saying I offered you no alternative to Habbo is just you looking at things wrongly. As mentioned to you, we have Entertainment news, we have interviews etc, and these things don't involve Habbo and as in the past, reporters can choose just to write entertainment news if they wish. You probably just aren't too keen on entertainment either, which is fair enough.

It's a shame that you let an indifference of opinion be a factor of judging whether you would enjoy working within a department or not. I have to say that my current team love a challenge and it's often quite exciting to try new things, especially since news is in rapid decline.

Oh, and I deleted the messages, because it's against the forum rules to post them. You may think it's because I have some "grudge" against you/your opinions, however that's completely not the case.

I respect that you're giving feedback and it's lovely to hear members opinions, however there are also people who have posted in this thread that agree that it could be given a go, and I don't think there's any harm in trying, especially given all the points we posted above.

Former:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

clearly it's so late at night you're struggling to read my replies. I'm sure you could get a dictator out there for websites - it may help.

I agreed it is a good idea, I agreed it may work under you. So let go of those straws you're clinging martin dear!

Tonight you have demonstrated that you can change opinion when the wind changes your way, you can adopt something as you're own and that if you feel something is right that there is no need to provide justification. I don't think your answers are adaquate but hey, that's null and void now I agree to disagree, it may even work under you god can only know.

I have chosen not to apply because I do not like you, I may change my opinion but god only knows. You've frustrated me, and don't attempt to bring out the doe eyes--you know fine well!

Once again you're trying to say that i'm implying you have a grudge? I'm not, I'm stating that you've jumped on a band wagon your turned down not two weeks ago, you said possibly with 'further development' so don't start making my points invalid. you know fine well that you did so.

Yes, you offered no alternative. I don't want to post about habbo or celebrity news. YAY ANGELINA JOLIE HAS A NEW AFRICAN. no thanks mate. I clearly stated I'd like to topical news report or do articles, which you said no.

Thanks anyway, I hope the articles department goodluck .
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh Allan you do complicate feedback I've just spent ten minutes reading this thread and I swear it's gone round in circles.

I'm gonna draw a cute little analogy to try and explain why I think any kind of article should fall under the news department. Take a newspaper, any newspaper, tabloid, broadsheet, sports paper, local paper, lesbiangaybi paper whatever - and within that newspaper you will find an array of articles and you know full well that it isn't all news - so why on earth is it in a news paper? - the reason for this is because it makes sense to be there, it adds variety to the newspaper and makes it more of an interesting read - yet really it's written by the same team that all work under one banner, for the newspaper.

I don't see any issue with doing that here at Habbox either. As Martin, Mrs.McCall and others have said, we've got a team in News who have a passion for writing therefore we will exploit this passion to Habbox's benefits, need for a new department? Hell no.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

your patronizing reply is just you oli. You've made me pretty furious. I BLOODY AGREED IN THE END.

next time I make a feedback I'll stick to what I like. Moaning. If you're all gonna be patronizing then I'll do just what annoys you (especially you oli).
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

your patronizing reply is just you oli. You've made me pretty furious. I BLOODY AGREED IN THE END.

next time I make a feedback I'll stick to what I like. Moaning. If you're all gonna be patronizing then I'll do just what annoys you (especially you oli).
    You didn't agree, you continued to argue ignoring many points made by many staff members. I provide a valid explanation as to why any plans for non-Habbo articles should be under news (not that there hasn't been enough in this thread anyway), you can't come up with a reply so you just resort to what you usually do. If you read my reply as patronising then you read it wrong, but do forgive me for not understanding why on earth this thread has taken 50 replies to get one mere point across.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast