HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    I'll post this again considering people are overlooking it...

A9. Leave moderating to the moderators ~ If you see someone breaking a rule, click the report post icon on that post with and provide a brief description. Also, you may not discuss bans on the forum. If you wish to dispute a ban use the Support System. You should also never ignore a moderators warning, change their warnings, open a thread they have closed or use the Moderator Specific BBcode ([modwarn]). This is considered 'Abuse of Moderator Features' and will result in an infraction without any prior warning.

Where does it say you can't comment on a rule break? It says leave moderating to the moderators, and you are - we're not issuing warnings or anything... It doesn't say that saying somebody broke a rule is in itself a rule break.
    It's been sorted, whats the issue? As I said its being discussed and will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Yet if someone has a joke elsewhere it's not ok? I know it's differently portrayed but if someone got it for moderating too by thinking it was in the wrong section then surely that's wrong too?
    Who said it isn't ok to say it elsewhere? It would just be classed as a pointless post unless there was something there which was on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    @xxMATTGxx; How should it not have thought considering it breaks the rule... Doesn't say anything about jokes or spam in the rule does it???
    Richies post did not say something like "Don't do this, it breaks the rules". All he did was state the obvious.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@xxMATTGxx; How should it not have thought considering it breaks the rule... Doesn't say anything about jokes or spam in the rule does it???
    What rule does it break?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Yet if someone has a joke elsewhere it's not ok? I know it's differently portrayed but if someone got it for moderating too by thinking it was in the wrong section then surely that's wrong too?
    I agree, again it doesn't take a genius to see the line.

'I think you have the wrong section'
    'stop posting pointlessly'

Obviously it isn't always going to be black and white but would be as easy as spotting someone avoiding the filter. If people use a jelly between their ears they can easily tell what's right and wrong. Then again my post wasn't even related to that rule and if it was done outside the spam forum I would have recieved a usernote for pointlessly posting but we've cleared that up lol
    Last edited by Richie; 02-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    Don't think any of them should of been edited tbh :s what's so wrong with saying something is in the wrong section? lmao :S
    Well really, the one the other day was saying they think it's in the wrong forum, they aren't saying it actually is whereas Richie's was (joking I know, just putting that to the side a second). In theory, if we're going off how much it plays towards the leave moderating to the moderators rule, Richie's was worse than the one the other day. I think the rule should be rewritten to say the least then as I think confusion arises.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

I dunno who this helps, but this is what @xxMATTGxx; said when I had a similar experience not so long ago

I don't really want members going round just posting that in threads and then not adding anything to the actual discussion in the first place. Just replying to a thread telling them it's in the wrong section would just be for the sake of getting post count and would also be pointless in a way as they aren't contributing.

I also wouldn't put the blame to the moderators on editing the post for that rule, it's the rule that can be confusing at times. As there isn't really a line of what is them acting as a moderator or not - Probably something to clarify with them all.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    What rule does it break?
    "Leave moderating to the moderators" - by notifying people theyre breaking rules you are no longer leaving it to moderators...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's been sorted, whats the issue? As I said its being discussed and will be changed.

Who said it isn't ok to say it elsewhere? It would just be classed as a pointless post unless there was something there which was on topic.

Richies post did not say something like "Don't do this, it breaks the rules". All he did was state the obvious.
    You edit posts that are jokes yet they can still be on topic, but because they're jokes they are edited. This is what used to happen, I know that much. Unsure if it still occurs.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

IMO providing you add something on topic to a post, then posting links to a duplicate thread is fine.

Having said that, I really don't think things like 'you just pointless posted' or 'your image is avoiding the filter' is something which needs to be posted- just report the post.

Clearly here with @Richie; it was just a bit of a joke and (as it was in spam as well..) shouldn't have been edited, but aside from the obvious jokes in spam, I do think that a rule of this nature should be enforced. However then there's the tricky situation of 'well if a joke is allowed in spam, why isn't it outside?' etc.

its a tough one and we'll need to discuss it.
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

It depends on what it is in my own opinion. Let's do an example:

A user has posted a thread asking for help with Microsoft Office and it was posted in say "Gaming" - A user comes along and says "Posted in the wrong forum mate". Now that isn't really helping the user at all and could have just reported the post and said it's in the wrong section. Now if they they posted a helpful solution or something related to the actual thread and then said it was in the wrong section then I believe that should be ok.

I do worry about you sometimes Lee, it was clearly a joke and look where it is posted and the context of the actual post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I dunno who this helps, but this is what @xxMATTGxx; said when I had a similar experience not so long ago
    I think the above is pretty much similar? Not sure! Also you just reminded me to look at your PM again.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 02-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"Leave moderating to the moderators" - by notifying people theyre breaking rules you are no longer leaving it to moderators...
    Nowhere in that rule does it say you can't notify people of rule-breaks, as the rule states you shouldn't abuse or mimic MOD powers hence leaving moderating to the moderators.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast