HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    If all 3 of them are away who is going to give reasons? :rolleyes:
    Maybe someone who knows what the hell they're talking about/does not just attack the members without accepting their opinions?

Or maybe even the community agm who oversees the department?

Or maybe nobody and members can be free to express their opinions without every single one of them being attacked pointlessly?

All you did was turn around some constructive feedback and make it seem as if it's the communities fault, without offering any proper explanation on the topic yourself!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I never really posted away. I had a short trip to London but apart from Thursday when we all travelled home, there was still enough time to do things. I do not agree with Nick in this case but I would hope to see you all enter some competitions next month if you cared enough to get your point across.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Maybe someone who knows what the hell they're talking about/does not just attack the members without accepting their opinions?

Or maybe even the community agm who oversees the department?

Or maybe nobody and members can be free to express their opinions without every single one of them being attacked pointlessly?

All you did was turn around some constructive feedback and make it seem as if it's the communities fault, without offering any proper explanation on the topic yourself!
    All I said was I don't get why people give feedback when they don't even use what the department offers. How would they know if they don't use it?

It's like us (british) getting involved in foreign affairs when in some subjects we have nothing to do with them. Fair enough if we are trying to keep peace - but is it necessary? But that's off-topic. But fair enough if you are giving constructive feedback but the majority of these feedback threads turn into digging on people - the way i see it.
    Last edited by -Nick; 30-05-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

All I said was I don't get why people give feedback when they don't even use what the department offers. How would they know if they don't use it?

It's like us (british) getting involved in foreign affairs when in some subjects we have nothing to do with them.

There could be many reasons why people don't use it, tbh most people aren't using it right now and that's part of a more general issue. Just because they don't enter competitions doesn't really mean they aren't entitled to offer feedback. A lot of us have used it plenty in the past, or have been in management positions within/above it so know exactly how it works. It's not exactly a department which changes radically very often (which is a good thing).

You don't have to enter competitions to be able to form an opinion or know how the department works. You enter competitions because you want to, or because you have an interest in winning the prize, which perhaps some people simply do not! I'll be honest, the main time I would enter competitions would be when I've been reminded to or seen something which triggers me to enter one. I have plenty of other stuff to be thinking about and it's quite easy to forget!

I don't make a habit of breaking forum rules, but if I wanted to offer feedback on a particular rule I still would!

I'm sorry if I came across as a bit harsh, I just think it was slightly unfair the way you were dismissing people's opinions like that as just "moaning" rather than actually taking the time to read the feedback and offer a reasonable constructive counter argument.

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Can we have some vip comps please. When I last looked they were only credit ones.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We will try to include more VIP competitions next month (you're right, only 2 months were given away last month). You can sign up to receive a notification of when VIP competitions are released by clicking here.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    We will try to include more VIP competitions next month (you're right, only 2 months were given away last month). You can sign up to receive a notification of when VIP competitions are released by clicking here.
    I think varying the prizes a bit would be a good step forwards too yes. If I'm not mistaken I think all of the competitions during May bar 1 or 2 all offered the prize "5 credits & 10 rep"

Also is there any reason the rep prize for all competitions has been lowered from 15 to 10? Anyone would think there was a rep quota or something!

I take it the icons that were made to display the prize of each competition are no longer being used also?

The announcement about comps subscriptions says it used to be in place a couple of years ago, but I'm sure it's been in effect since then? Good to see the system is being reused again though I will be signing up!

Former:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Prizes are decided based on the competitions themselves. VIP is usually reserved for those competitions that require a bit more effort and/or monthly comps like graphics or story-writing. If they are easy to enter then they're given a small credit prize so it's really just a case of varying what competitions we offer and the prizes will follow suit.

Habit.

I like the concept of icons but I'm not a fan of the current ones. I think they're ugly tbh (no offence to whoever made them).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's like us (british) getting involved in foreign affairs when in some subjects we have nothing to do with them. Fair enough if we are trying to keep peace - but is it necessary? But that's off-topic. But fair enough if you are giving constructive feedback but the majority of these feedback threads turn into digging on people - the way i see it.
    Terrible analogy that shows you are uneducated in both global politics and general progress.

It is very often the case that the most useful feedback to improve a service and extend its reach comes from those that don't currently use it. I don't see you popping up in threads about the radio claiming that because people don't listen to it anymore or aren't DJs that their opinion isn't valid or that people that aren't staff can't comment on how the site is run. The "well, why don't you join and help us?" attitude that sometimes crops up is really rather annoying because not only is it just not that simple but it also devalues the part that honest critical outsiders play.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body; it calls attention to the development of an unhealthy state of things. - Churchill 1939

Nick, shut up - you're an idiot. - Me 2015

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If all 3 of them are away who is going to give reasons? :rolleyes:
    I think you need to reread the thread as they have replied countless times :rolleyes:.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast