HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh, bye Dan! Thanks for your time throughout Habbox, I wondered what your PM was about earlier, and I agreed with a point about a certain flag lmao. I guess there are people with strong views against the ones in question though! Good luck with your job and everything it's a shame dismissal had to come into it though, it really is.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    ooer good fact file there, make sure @Wispur; and @mdport.; have a read of this. and thank you xx
    It wasn't just one user that complained, it was multiple. If it were the other way round and you (along with a number of others) complained about someone's signature image being offensive and we just left it, I'm sure you'd be up in arms. Your way of handling the situation wasn't exactly mature as plastering it all over your profile and posting numerous posts about us removing it (all whilst the decision on whether or not to allow it was still being decided) probably didn't help your case either.

Thanks for your time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wait, so some intellectually challenged individuals made complaints about a flag, got the management involved, somehow persuaded them that they are right and by a bad concoction of ego tripping, ignorance and arrogance, came to a decision to fire a Debate Manager which has actually done a decent job in a forum that was otherwise going to die had they not been chosen?

Who the heck even is Wispur? I didn't know we had a new GM? I haven't seen them around the forum like the previous GM. Should we even have a GM which doesn't seem actively involved in the community making dodgy decisions? Judging from the comments here and sent to me by PM, they're the worst choice in GM as they handle a problem with the amount of grace found exclusively in a bull in a china shop with a firework up their rectum.

I thought Habbox grew out of it's MAD style of management. Instead of handling a situation well they just fire good members of their team because it's their way or the highway, cock up exponentially in the process by appearing arrogant and coming off as a bit of a dunce. Dan has done a really good job running that forum. Considering his form of debate on a personal level is questionable at times, the topics he chooses and the way he moderates that forum is reasonably impartial and open. Not forgetting he actually tries . That forum has been knocking on Death's door for years and he's at least tried to keep it from going under. The previous "leaders" have had huge difficulties with it.

All I can say is FOW and I look forward to Habbox choosing it's next GM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdport. View Post
    It wasn't just one user that complained, it was multiple. If it were the other way round and you (along with a number of others) complained about someone's signature image being offensive and we just left it, I'm sure you'd be up in arms. Your way of handling the situation wasn't exactly mature as plastering it all over your profile and posting numerous posts about us removing it (all whilst the decision on whether or not to allow it was still being decided) probably didn't help your case either.

Thanks for your time.
    Head. Backside. Remove it.

Firstly, the decision was already made seeing as Wispur already stated it was banned. Secondly, this is a forum. At least discuss it. Third, know who you are speaking to. Dan wouldn't complain about something so trivial so saying he would be up in arms is ridiculous.

I'm shocked some members in power do not know their members.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 12-07-2015 at 02:08 AM.
    +5

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mdport. View Post

Thanks for your time.
    peer pressure

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    peer pressure
    Everyone loves a weak leader with an ego.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Which debates forum are you looking at Ryan because the one on this board is run almost totally by the members and had a supposed "manager" who gave out about 4 awards in 2 years (with no explanation of what they were about) and was purposefully rude and abusive to members of the community while hiding behind a façade of pompous trollishness - and then claimed that his job was to bully and provoke people rather than to, say, set legitimate debates and oversee their evolution.

No idea who's been complaining about flags and all that but are we really going to pretend that Dan's anything other than a disillusioned child with more rhetoric than education and who thrives on pissing people off so that he can feel ultra special and self righteous to such a degree that he's apparently willing to become an American just to annoy everyone

I have no love for Chris as anyone can probably tell you but Dan being fired was well overdue
    Last edited by FlyingJesus; 12-07-2015 at 02:27 AM.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Which debates forum are you looking at Ryan because the one on this board is run almost totally by the members and had a supposed "manager" who gave out about 4 awards in 2 years (with no explanation of what they were about) and was purposefully rude and abusive to members of the community while hiding behind a façade of pompous trollishness - and then claimed that his job was to bully and provoke people rather than to, say, set legitimate debates and oversee their evolution.

No idea who's been complaining about flags and all that but are we really going to pretend that Dan's anything other than a disillusioned child with more rhetoric than education and who thrives on pissing people off so that he can feel ultra special and self righteous to such a degree that he's apparently willing to become an American just to annoy everyone

I have no love for Chris as anyone can probably tell you but Dan being fired was well overdue
    If you like it or not, Dan doing debates sparked up more posting & allowed users to interact and express their opinions. Its up to you now to realise that or not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Dan didn't do most debates

And if having no idea how to conduct a real debate is worthy of rewards and praise then let's have tallcoolguy007 as our next debates manager
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Arriving late but here's my input on what shouldn't even be an issue.

A signature is offending users so you remove the signature and warn the user as per forum policy. ISSUE RESOLVED, NO FURTHER ACTION, DONE. Unless you're a HxF GM in which case you completely overreact.

Nobody needed to be fired over this, and why flags are being banned I don't even know, really if people are offended by it then I suggest they go watch Fox or CNN and learn about how the Pope is the evilest man of 2015 as that seems more pressing. Maybe we should ban pictures of the pope as he's offensive to a large amount of Americans... that'll be the next offensive issue of this year!

Anyway, @Wispur; have a bit of humility, revert the firing and revert this silly flag ban. If you're going to fire Dan over other things that he's done before, it may have been worth growing a pair and firing him before he upset a couple of people with a .png file. Or stick to your guns and convince yourself you were right, that'll be one person convinced at least.

+1

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

Thanks for your time
    The House Always Wins
    -House Of Black-

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast