HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Oh, no. I have something entirely different. My words never jump to the next line when they reach the end of the box; my posts are just a long line of text. I always read over what I write, so it's rather irritating. I've only recently started popping by more frequently, but it never used to be like this.

http://i.imgur.com/YGicgzn.png
    Oh yeah that happens to me on Chrome. I have no problems with the editor on IE though guys .

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I think Habbox is dying out because we already ran our course. It's like a business. You can do the best in the world for a time, but there comes a point when you know that you're either going to suffer through it or close.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think the Help Desk needs to be changed from a Help Desk. Do people actually ask for help anymore? I don't know what it should be changed to, but even if it's just a temporary trial, change it to something else that allows users to interact and is more appealing. By all means have a desk in the room but change it up.
    People do genuinely come in asking for help so it won't be changed from a Help Desk any time soon. However we are trying to slowly develop it into more than just a help desk and a 'come in and chat' room, but very much an emphasis on slowly. But we're totally open to feedback on what you'd like to see from the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    There is always an excuse for stuff and it's been like that for literally my entire time at Habbox. It's unfair to put the blame on one single person, I believe the decline of Habbox is a result of ex-management/managers and having no proper plan forward. One manager goes, the next comes in and changes stuff completely, change is good but not when it's all over the place.
    This is definitely something that's been a problem in the departments I'm in anyway. A manager comes in, starts to change everything and then leaves before finishing. I know (a)gms are trying to hire people that are in for the long run but plans unfortunately change. Getting new younger management or at least new younger seniors to get involved would be a good plan as like you said they won't have full time work or uni troubles.

Also I read somewhere in this thread about going into public rooms etc but I've misplaced the comment so @ whoever that was. The Help Desk are initiating a couple of plans to take the help desk out of the help desk and to the public, those new habbos who may not necessarily know to search for a help desk. We're just in the process of figuring out how to go about it so that both the staff and the public will get involved.

The problem with a lot of ideas though, like others have said, is that we managers work on things for hours and hours and get little participation. We try to introduce new things but the current population of Habbox just want a lot of the 'old nostalgic stuff' back, then half the time don't participate even if it is 'old nostalgic stuff'.

Not meant to be excuses but...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Boulder

Latest Awards:

I'm so glad I made this post because we all came together as a family and talked about this. However, this wasn't me just pointing my finger at one person or anyone I just think we all could do a better job is all I was saying! And yes there is only so much we can do! But we definitely can do more

If I t
    alked to my friends the way I talk to my body I'd have no friends."

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Like FJ said, most people on here have been on habbo(x) for YEARS and most of us no longer play habbo, and therefore it's fairly difficult to get extra members as its not as well advertised in Habbo. Habbox has lost activity, but I still think it has some life left in it!

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I only read the first page, sorry but I do agree that it is a bit dead around here. I think one of the issues could be, which I imagine someone has already said, is that we aren't really pushing the Habbox name. If you go on Habbo and look at the games, there is a bunch of fansites hosting events and telling people to sign up to the forum, etc. but you don't see Habbox doing that. I imagine we do host events but there is always the possibility of hosting one or two more, or trying to push them more to let people know they are happening and get people involved.

Then it's just a case of keeping those who join through the events interested in sticking around. I know there is only so much you can do on a forum, only so many posts you can make, etc. but it does seem like no-one attempts to make any apart from a handful of users who either create new ones or bump old ones to get some threads going. If we got some fresh blood into the forum, I imagine they'd bring some activity with them, we've just got to get them here. I have noticed that with the competitions as well, not many people take part in them which is a shame but again, I'd just keep at it and hopefully more people will take part in them. Maybe ask people what type of competitions they like and cater to that?

I don't know, I haven't been here in years and as I said, I haven't read the whole thread so maybe I'm just repeating what has already been said but I do think we can pull Habbox out of this rut and back to a good level of activity, we just need to put the effort into it and let people know we are here.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    rhyce1995

Latest Awards:

Agreed Habbox is Dying out unless we work together as a community to fix the isues

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Habbox has forever used the excuse "Habbo is dead, so we lose all traffic" then once HFFM and other fansites come about it still stands about.

Habbox has to play catchup and try make a good impression with the new users, but no one seems to try anymore. - Hasn't been a big push in Habbox since what after the ---MAD--- era?
    Like Kyle Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

youre all thick theres a reason why other fansites are doing better and thats because they actually host events i have never seen one habbox event! sorry to say but this fansite is dated and not with the times of habbo. youre forgetting that habbo consists of teenagers who are not aware of all these old skool fansites and when they see a group of 20 somethings gathered around in hxhd they arent really going to be willing to join are they? just step back and think outside of the box for a minute then u will get ur answer. It was nice to return to put some perspective into this shambles of a forum!
    Like Kyle Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    youre all thick theres a reason why other fansites are doing better and thats because they actually host events i have never seen one habbox event!
    Not even one? I rarely play Habbo. But whenever I login, there is normally a little something happening. For instance, even if there isn't an event running, @despect; and HabboxLive do a great job at having the DJs make their own rooms and just chill in them while they're DJing. And these past few months, I know that they have had great success.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast