Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

As interesting information the worlds most powerful super computer was reacently put to work running a simulation of a rats brain, it could only manage to simulate half of it at a 10th of the normal speed, for around 10 seconds becuse of the emmence strain it put on the system.

Point being are computer technolgy is no where near the level needed to create somthing that can rival the surfistcation of the most powerful computers in existence, the human brain.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mattmeister View Post
    we do? :S
    You missed the point - I'm saying, we, as people, cannot control what other humans do - my example being the teenager that hacked into NATO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nain View Post
    i voted 'Not Sure' as im, not sure!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 01101101entor View Post
    As interesting information the worlds most powerful super computer was reacently put to work running a simulation of a rats brain, it could only manage to simulate half of it at a 10th of the normal speed, for around 10 seconds becuse of the emmence strain it put on the system.

Point being are computer technolgy is no where near the level needed to create somthing that can rival the surfistcation of the most powerful computers in existence, the human brain.
    if that was directed at me thats why I said some time in the Future I think its could happen
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2nd View Post
    if that was directed at me thats why I said some time in the Future I think its could happen
    o.0 are you sure? i remember your posts saying it couldnt happen, not that it could?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

o.0 are you sure? i remember your posts saying it couldnt happen, not that it could?
    I did :S

what if we made a robotic version of the human brain so programmed it to be a human ?
    I asked a question..

But if we wanted robots who can decide when the floor needs hoovering , the dishes need washing and the kids need feeding thats what I think e'd have to do
    I then said thats what I think we'd have to do still not saying in the present day
    Sometime in the future I think it will be possible thats my opinion
    then I said sometime in the future
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sometime in the future I think it will be possible thats my opinion

No, because the idea of it isnt robotics. Its not a matter of having the technology to do it, it's just impossible. The same idea with time travel, we'll never be able to travel through time because it isnt technology, its not something that we'll learn to do. It's something that will always be impossible, because you cant program stuff like that. You cant program a conscious. We can give robots ideas, but a robot will never be able to learn things on its own without a secondary influence.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post

No, because the idea of it isnt robotics. Its not a matter of having the technology to do it, it's just impossible.

How so? If it were impossible the 6 billion or so biological computers we call brains probably wouldnt be doing it this very second o.0

People seem to tied down to the clunky mechanical box idea of computers, a brain is just as much one.

The same idea with time travel, we'll never be able to travel through time because it isnt technology, its not something that we'll learn to do.
    Well that depends on your belife in time, personaly i find time travel very easy, im doing it right now, doing it the other way could be more of a challenge though.

It's something that will always be impossible, because you cant program stuff like that. You cant program a conscious. We can give robots ideas, but a robot will never be able to learn things on its own without a secondary influence.
    Well your misunderstanding what a computer is, its true a multiprogramable computer system never could, the way there built prevents it. But that doesn't mean its the only way a computer can be created. Conciousness is an effect of the brain function, And sufficantly advanced computer that could achive concuisness for all intencive purpos's would also be a brain "/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, because the idea of it isnt robotics. Its not a matter of having the technology to do it, it's just impossible. The same idea with time travel, we'll never be able to travel through time because it isnt technology, its not something that we'll learn to do. It's something that will always be impossible, because you cant program stuff like that. You cant program a conscious. We can give robots ideas, but a robot will never be able to learn things on its own without a secondary influence.
    300 years ago it was impossible for humans to fly we're doing that now... How do you know what technology will be devloped in the future..?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

How so? If it were impossible the 6 billion or so biological computers we call brains probably wouldnt be doing it this very second o.0

People seem to tied down to the clunky mechanical box idea of computers, a brain is just as much one.

Well that depends on your belife in time, personaly i find time travel very easy, im doing it right now, doing it the other way could be more of a challenge though.

Well your misunderstanding what a computer is, its true a multiprogramable computer system never could, the way there built prevents it. But that doesn't mean its the only way a computer can be created. Conciousness is an effect of the brain function, And sufficantly advanced computer that could achive concuisness for all intencive purpos's would also be a brain "/

I dont understand how a computer can have a conscious. How can we make something and have it know already that something is right and wrong without us telling it? It would have to have a real brain. And by time travel I mean go back in time. It's impossible since time isn't real. We made up time.

300 years ago it was impossible for humans to fly we're doing that now... How do you know what technology will be devloped in the future..?

Actually, we aren't flying, we're just riding in things that fly.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually, we aren't flying, we're just riding in things that fly.
    Yes we're using technology which has been developed to fly which 500 years ago was thought impossible! In 100 years we could have major devlopments in robotics and create a robot that can think for itself theres no way of knowing what could be done unless you build a time machine and go and see for yourself
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 01-05-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast