HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: HxHD Changes

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayleigh View Post
    Personally I thought why couldnt you have super staff (all staff have rights) but similarly to senior dj's they watch other staff and not only criticize them but help them and advise them. This could stop any trashing etc etc especially as you only have one manager atm.
    Senior DJs are present because HabboxLive is a huge department with a lot of staff, this is not needed in HxHD. If hiring is selective there should be no increased risk of trashing.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Staff should be interested in helping out Habbox and that should be their overall aim, staff have everything to work for at Habbox, you do not need a rank to make people work harder - that is ludicrous.
    Thats like a mod waiting for promotion to Forum Manager. Nothing to give them an extra drive.
    (i mean if you removed the smod/assistant)
    forever the queen.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

It has to be said.. why fix something that isn't broken. I can guarantee the changes made won't make an impact on how popular the room is, even unbanning the "rebels" is going to turn people off visiting the desk, I know that I wouldn't like to enter the room and be insulted or watch people troll. Management should really question "Why were these roles implemented like this for so long?" because they worked..
    Last edited by Richie; 23-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Staff should be interested in helping out Habbox and that should be their overall aim, staff have everything to work for at Habbox, you do not need a rank to make people work harder - that is ludicrous.
    This really. Having ranks can often complicate things too much, and can create tension between staff. We will see how things go, but really Helpdesk staff are easier for a manager to manage and give feedback on that perhaps some other departments, and having a rank with hardly any additional responsibilities is kinda pointless.

Staff should be working in a role because they enjoy it. There will be possibilities for different staff to work on different projects within the room, and this itself is something for individual staff to work towards. Impressing the manager is always good, however we want the department to be a team and work together on the same level. Ranks often don't change anything, and often normal staff will have worked equally as hard as Superstaff and put in the same amount of effort and dedication.

Comparing it to senior DJ's doesn't really work, since there are many many errors that can be picked up on from DJ's whereas being Helpdesk staff you could say is a simpler task and one that can be monitored far easier/there isn't always as much feedback you can give to make improvements etc. I think the new system will allow for more teamwork, and individual jobs within the department such as organising promotions and events, helping each other etc will come naturally to those who work hard at it.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Reniorx View Post
    Thats like a mod waiting for promotion to Forum Manager. Nothing to give them an extra drive.
    (i mean if you removed the smod/assistant)
    People should not be staff solely to aim for promotion. Again, like HxL you cannot compare the forum to HxHD as the difference between the Super Moderator / Forum Moderator role is absolutely nothing like the difference that was between Normal Staff & Super Staff.

We don't have "Senior Competitions Staff" - that department works fine and the staff work towards their ultimate goal of promoting Habbox and making Habbox better, HxHD should be no different. If people are here hungry for power then I'm sorry but they're gonna get nowhere.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

People should not be staff solely to aim for promotion. Again, like HxL you cannot compare the forum to HxHD as the difference between the Super Moderator / Forum Moderator role is absolutely nothing like the difference that was between Normal Staff & Super Staff.

We don't have "Senior Competitions Staff" - that department works fine and the staff work towards their ultimate goal of promoting Habbox and making Habbox better, HxHD should be no different. If people are here hungry for power then I'm sorry but they're gonna get nowhere.
    It's what motivated me at rare values, I always wanted a senior role within that department and it made me work harder. Nobody works hard solely for promotion anyway. It was just an additional motivation which you've now removed. It's nothing to do with being hungry for power, because really you don't have power over anyone, the only ones that have power to an extent are the managers themselves. Room rights, big deal...
    One for the road. :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

There was never a senior comps role (i believe) so they won't notice a different, where as you promoted staff to a senior position just to revoke it? Which kinda makes the staff not see a stepping stone for their commitment and dedication for the department.
    forever the queen.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

All staff should be within a role because they like it and if that's not the case as harsh as this sounds, they're welcome to resign and people who want to do the job and can do the job are welcome to replace them.

I'm sure several staffmembers did want change, although I'm also sure several did not based upon them resigning from the department. That argument goes both ways.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Reniorx View Post
    There was never a senior comps role (i believe) so they won't notice a different, where as you promoted staff to a senior position just to revoke it? Which kinda makes the staff not see a stepping stone for their commitment and dedication for the department.
    Let's be honest, you are kicking off because you don't like the fact people who have been in the desk longer than you have the same job as you now. Funnily enough, you are the only member of previous super staff to think this and all other previous super staff were welcoming of the change.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    All staff should be within a role because they like it and if that's not the case as harsh as this sounds, they're welcome to resign and people who want to do the job and can do the job are welcome to replace them.

I'm sure several staffmembers did want change, although I'm also sure several did not based upon them resigning from the department. That argument goes both ways.
    One person has resigned from Habbox Help Desk due to the changes based upon the fact they don't want to do the extra duties given with the role. All other Help Desk staff are pleased with suggested changes (apart from an obvious certain someone who is complaining for personal gain reasons).

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Hayleigh,

Latest Awards:

I'm not saying people join the department for a promotion. Do you think I really want to be Rare Values Manager? NO . I do not. However having said that people being rewarded by saying they are ss makes them happy uno. Not everyone wants to be manager sure some do, but others who have shown dedication and tbh your kinda changing my point im not saying people join for a promotion im saying thatsa reward for hardworking trusted staff. I don't think your listening to my point and just want to 'prove' your point is correct.
    Ouft is a LOSER Happy Now

Living in Danube's Tank....

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast