HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Solve what? all I did was to comment on report by Sky News which said the police had requested the media move back to a 10 mile radius, a few minutes after they said that nothing happened and still hasnt happened as Oli has said below, so theres nothing to solve.

*HYPOTHETICAL* Had there been a 10 mile radius I would call it a big overreaction on the part of the Police forces.

Nobody has said there is a 10 mile radius in operation.
    You said they tried to impose it, they didn't - what they have done is imposed a 10 mile exclusion zone above the town for aircraft - to avoid media aircraft flying over. Which is fair enough, i'd rather a helicopter wasn't shot at.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    You said they tried to impose it, they didn't - what they have done is imposed a 10 mile exclusion zone above the town for aircraft - to avoid media aircraft flying over. Which is fair enough, i'd rather a helicopter wasn't shot at.
    It also annoys the people who live there. They already had to deal with the Police Helicopter for four hours and more and also an RAF Tornado. So I do agree with that.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I did not say they tried to impose it, had the police imposed it, they would have imposed it full stop. I reported what Sky News reported earlier on in the day which was that the police had requested/wanted a 10 mile radius around the area - I then gave my opinion on that assuming that was the case that the Police had asked them to move back, like Sky News had reported.

So no, I did not say the Police had tried to impose anything.

Totally got the wrong end of the stick here.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I did not say they tried to impose it, had the police imposed it, they would have imposed it full stop. I reported what Sky News reported earlier on in the day which was that the police had requested/wanted a 10 mile radius around the area - I then gave my opinion on that assuming that was the case that the Police had asked them to move back, like Sky News had reported.

Totally got the wrong end of the stick here.
    Well you clearly based your opinions on false media (where have I seen that before..)..
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Well you clearly based your opinions on false media (where have I seen that before..)..
    Another newspaper reference, yet again.

To add to that, who knows if it is false media? the Police could very well of requested the media to move back past a 10 mile radius and then gone back on it/the media groups may have consulted solicitors working for them to see if that was viable and it turns out it wasnt (as you have pointed out and as I have seen all night with my eyes whilst watching both Sky and BBC news who have remained in the same position all night).

I believe biased media has nothing or little to do with this topic anyway, so please dont drag the thread off-topic onto what is biased and what is not.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 10-07-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah you did.

I heard the police wanted the media away from a ten mile radius - how disgraceful in a so called democracy. I find that very wrong indeed, but as usual if you give something or somebody power then they will use it even if it need not be used at all.
    *REMOVED*

Anyway both you of ... well all three of you, stop arguing, you are managers - especially what you said to him Oli before you removed it - well at least you removed it I guess.
    *REMOVED* You love moaning about whatever you can. You moaned that there wasn't enough cuts in the budget, then you moaned that they shouldn't have made cuts as £5bn doesn't matter. To me, its clear contradiction. Either you say there needs to be more cuts or you don't moan about the cuts they do saying they shouldn't have done it as £5bn doesn't affect anything. *REMOVED* and seem to just repeat what the Daily Mail says. I worry if the Daily Mail ever shuts down, you might commit suicide as you won't be able to fake your own opinions.

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why would the police even bother suggesting a 10 mile radius? It'd be impossible to enforce, Sky News clearly got it mixed up - it's the air radius that they wanted and if you think about it a 10 mile air radius makes a lot of sense.

Looking at the town on google maps a ten mile radius would pretty much mean that they'd be out of the town.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Yeah you did

I heard the police wanted the media away from a ten mile radius - how disgraceful in a so called democracy. I find that very wrong indeed, but as usual if you give something or somebody power then they will use it even if it need not be used at all.

See ^

Anyway both you of ... well all three of you, stop arguing, you are managers.
    'I heard' being the important part. I never said the Police enforced or imposed anything, they merely suggested it according to Sky News earlier on in the night at the start of the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    Why would the police even bother suggesting a 10 mile radius? It'd be impossible to enforce, Sky News clearly got it mixed up - it's the air radius that they wanted and if you think about it a 10 mile air radius makes a lot of sense.

Looking at the town on google maps a ten mile radius would pretty much mean that they'd be out of the town.
    Thank you, thats why I said it would be stupid and wrong to impose a 10-mile exclusion zone because it would be too big and would be an overreaction. It turns out that afterall we agree.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 10-07-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Yeah you did.

*REMOVED*

Anyway both you of ... well all three of you, stop arguing, you are managers - especially what you said to him Oli before you removed it - well at least you removed it I guess.

* REMOVED*You love moaning about whatever you can. You moaned that there wasn't enough cuts in the budget, then you moaned that they shouldn't have made cuts as £5bn doesn't matter. To me, its clear contradiction. Either you say there needs to be more cuts or you don't moan about the cuts they do saying they shouldn't have done it as £5bn doesn't affect anything.*REMOVED* and seem to just repeat what the Daily Mail says. I worry if the Daily Mail ever shuts down, you might commit suicide as you won't be able to fake your own opinions.
    I edited my previous post for anyone who is interested.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I just don't see the point in the discussion if it was just over Sky News getting confused about air & ground.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast