Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    you're very defensive, I only said I hope we can gain from your losses and I meant along the lines of the movement of FDI and funds to Ireland, the attraction for multinationals due to English as a first language, and my personal favourite: duty free x

i never spoke ill about the outcome in this thread at all, I havent established a career here, I'm working retail until September when I graduate my postgrad. I think I have rational reason to worry when i want to be applying for jobs in the next few weeks, and there has been nothing said about the CTA. My fear isn't being deported or kicked out, it's at my opportunities being tainted by the delay
    Fair enough but I don't think you'll have anything at all to worry about. If you're educated as you are, well spoken and settled here then a company or our government isn't going to not hire you/block you from employment just because we've left the EU. I cannot see circumstances at all where CTA would be ended.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Fair enough but I don't think you'll have anything at all to worry about. If you're educated as you are, well spoken and settled here then a company or our government isn't going to not hire you/block you from employment just because we've left the EU. I cannot see circumstances at all where CTA would be ended.
    Fingers crossed eh. Saw a really nice article about how Ireland/UK never identified as European and how our cultures are intertwined, would be a shame to lose it. I'm keeping a close eye on updates so will post in here if anything new is said.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    You're tolerating it by being OK with the £350 million figure. You're tolerating it by being OK with Boris Johnson (who didn't even turn up to a Brexit debate today I should add - and I say him specifically because he was very much Remain and judging by the fact he wrote a Leave and Remain article recently then he probably has no real preference). Etc.
    I have said I couldn't care if it's £10m, £200m, £350m or £700m a week - it is our money and it is (finally) coming home to be spent on people here.

Never said Boris Johnson is a conviction or honest politician either, I just said in light of the campaign he's more deserving than hand sitter May.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    I mean, regardless if Brexit happens or not (I'm still banking on not) it probably will since we will be involved in some shape or form
    We won't be paying into EU coffers anymore. Now it's true if we join ETFA, the EEA or sign an FTA then there will be small payments to operate the bureaucracy for those agreements but gone are the days when we're paying for French farmers, Spanish art galleries and Polish bridges.

Yes. People are tired of experts!
    Laugh about it all you wish but didn't loads of supposed experts like the Treasury and the Chancellor warn us that if we left the EU then the world would fall in, the economy would go bust and an emergency budget would be needed? Today, 4 days later, and the world is still turning.

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    Fingers crossed eh. Saw a really nice article about how Ireland/UK never identified as European and how our cultures are intertwined, would be a shame to lose it. I'm keeping a close eye on updates so will post in here if anything new is said.
    Indeed, these islands have always been a round peg in a square hole when it comes to mainland Europe.

I would love to see Ireland come out of the EU and join the Commonwealth alongside other Anglo-Irish heritage countries. Maybe one day eh.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-06-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

joint bid how does that work :S

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I have said I couldn't care if it's £10m, £200m, £350m or £700m a week - it is our money and it is (finally) coming home to be spent on people here.

Never said Boris Johnson is a conviction or honest politician either, I just said in light of the campaign he's more deserving than hand sitter May.
    One opportunist is better than the other then

We won't be paying into EU coffers anymore. Now it's true if we join ETFA, the EEA or sign an FTA then there will be small payments to operate the bureaucracy for those agreements but gone are the days when we're paying for French farmers, Spanish art galleries and Polish bridges.
    I suppose.

Laugh about it all you wish but didn't loads of supposed experts like the Treasury and the Chancellor warn us that if we left the EU then the world would fall in, the economy would go bust and an emergency budget would be needed? Today, 4 days later, and the world is still turning.
    I mean, the outlook isn't great right now economically speaking... You also forget Cameron said he would invoke Article 50 before the result, but is now no longer doing so.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@lemons;

i think means one as PM and other as Chancellor.

Boris and Gove are running on that 'ticket' too. quite american tbh not keen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    One opportunist is better than the other then
    Sometimes. I haven't got a vote as I am not a member of the Conservative Party so that's a dilemma any voters will have to face.

I mean, the outlook isn't great right now economically speaking... You also forget Cameron said he would invoke Article 50 before the result, but is now no longer doing so.
    Looks fine to me. The initial shock on Friday and earlier today was mainly the markets correcting themselves as a win for Remain has been priced in so loads of hedge funds and speculators had lost out. If it were turning out bad, then other countries wouldn't be lining up (as they are) to start trade talk deals with us.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

interesting well if there are to be 'joint bids' at least one of them ought to be from the leave campaign

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

India accentuates the positives on Brexit

New Delhi is looking to quickly negotiate a Free Trade Deal (FTA) with their former colonial master Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Times
    As the UK’s Brexit vote sparks widespread global dismay, some lawmakers and businesspeople in India are seeing the upside of their former colonial power’s decision.

Indian policymakers believe New Delhi could quickly negotiate a new trade agreement with a Britain disentangled from the EU, which has failed to conclude talks on a trade deal with India.

“The UK is going to look to build its relationships with the rest of the world, and will seek to pursue new opportunities with us,” Jayant Sinha, India’s deputy finance minister, told the Financial Times.

Talks on an India-EU trade deal began nearly a decade ago but quickly stalled. Swapan Dasgupta, an independent member of parliament close to the ruling Bharatiya Janata party, said concluding an India-UK trade deal would be far easier.

“If an FTA [free-trade agreement] negotiating unit is 25 constituent countries with their own pluses and minuses, you are not going to get to some sort of common ground where the losses balance the gains,” he said. “But there is a far greater chance of it with the UK. We understand each other, and there is very little clash in what we want.”

BK Goenka, chairman of Welspun Group, a textile and pipe manufacturer with revenues of about $3bn a year, agreed that Brexit would open new opportunities. “For us, I think it will be better,” he told the Financial Times. “Tariffs on both sides will come down. It’s a win-win scenario for both our countries.”

Mr Goenka said he would seek to take advantage of the relatively weak pound to acquire UK textile brands and distribution companies. “This is the time to invest in the UK,” he said.
    More excellent news, exactly what I always wanted. That's now India, Australia, New Zealand, Ghana, Iceland and Canada publically pushing for talks.

Again we won't be able to sign until we've withdraw from the EU but we'll certainly start negotiations soon.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-06-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes great news. Pound is taking a pounding. Our imports just became more expensive.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Extraordinary in the European Parliament today. End of an era.

I am also reading rumours flying about and confirmed by the Polish Government by its reaction that France and Germany are to present an "ultimatum" to the EU to become a federal superstate in order to prevent countries following Britain in a contagion.

Leaked report suggests France and Germany are to demand the EU becomes one country (a superstate) following Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by zerohedge
    It appears The Brits may have dodged more than a bullet in their decision to leave The EU. The foreign ministers of France and Germany are reportedly due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an "ultimatum."

As The Express reports, the shockingly predictable final solution to Europe's Brexit-driven existential crisis is an apparently long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one giant superstate. The radical proposals mean EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels. According to the Daily Express, the nine-page report has "outraged" some EU leaders.

Germany's foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his French counterpart Jean-Marc Ayrault today presented a proposal for closer EU integration based on three key areas - internal and external security, the migrant crisis, and economic cooperation.

But the plans have been described as an 'ultimatum' in Poland, with claims it would mean countries transfer their armies, economic systems and border controls to the EU. Controversially member states would also lose what few controls they have left over their own borders, including the procedure for admitting and relocating refugees.
    Thank **** we got out.