HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni Freshers!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    But it is cheaper.. even with a loan (and you can still find loans that are fairly reasonable if you study abroad) it would be cheaper. The USA is not "free" for me, as I am not "poor working class", meaning it would definitely be more expensive that the UK and Ireland.
    You don't have to be 'poor working class' to get some financial help in the US. Even a student with a family income of £75,000 would still only pay £10,000 a year.

Our current financial aid policy has dramatically reduced the amount families with incomes below $150,000 (about £92,000) are expected to pay, and parents of families with incomes below $65,000 (about £40,000) and typical asset worth are not expected to contribute at all to college costs.
    Source: here

What loan? You won't be entitled to any loan from the Student Loan Company in the UK or its Irish equivalent. I suppose you could take out a loan from a bank (whether or not you'd be offered a loan is another matter, I suspect not) - but you would have to pay it back even if you weren't earning, with interest.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoltage View Post
    Teeside Uni, my first year

I'm looking forward to freshers week (or weeks since its 2 weeks..), Wretch-32, Example and Greg James are all going to be there! Shall be fun!

Congrats to everyone else who got a place at a university!

Sam
    2 of my friends from work are going there, they are a couple, so I find it cute.

I didn't go to Uni, but if I did, I probably wouldn't even know what freshers was. I wouldn't have drunk anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    You don't have to be 'poor working class' to get some financial help in the US. Even a student with a family income of £75,000 would still only pay £10,000 a year.

Source: here

What loan? You won't be entitled to any loan from the Student Loan Company in the UK or its Irish equivalent. I suppose you could take out a loan from a bank (whether or not you'd be offered a loan is another matter, I suspect not) - but you would have to pay it back even if you weren't earning, with interest.
    There are some loans available (albeit with some interest) for people wishing to study abroad. Obviously not a perfect solution, but still doable.

I have found a fair few Universities ask the value of your assets as well - this is what makes my fees more expensive. Whereas, to study in Ireland the value of my parents assets is irrelevant.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There are some loans available (albeit with some interest) for people wishing to study abroad. Obviously not a perfect solution, but still doable.

I have found a fair few Universities ask the value of your assets as well - this is what makes my fees more expensive. Whereas, to study in Ireland the value of my parents assets is irrelevant.
    I've never heard of a bank offering undergraduate loans for students wishing to study abroad. And even if they did, it would be highly inadvisable to take one out.

The same website says "typical assets" are not included in their decision to award financial help, that means they do not take into account retirement plans, your house value, cars etc... your parents would have to have around £200,000 in assets (in savings, investments, property (other than home) and business equity) to be ineligible for financial aid from universities like Harvard. I don't know what your point is anymore... I think I've debunked every one of your opinions.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've never heard of a bank offering undergraduate loans for students wishing to study abroad. And even if they did, it would be highly inadvisable to take one out.

The same website says "typical assets" are not included in their decision to award financial help, that means they do not take into account retirement plans, your house value, cars etc... your parents would have to have around £200,000 in assets (in savings, investments, property (other than home) and business equity) to be ineligible for financial aid from universities like Harvard. I don't know what your point is anymore... I think I've debunked every one of your opinions.
    Ah, this is the problem. What happens when Harvards OWN website - when I use accurate information provided by my parents - quotes me $23,250 annually?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ah, this is the problem. What happens when Harvards OWN website - when I use accurate information provided by my parents - quotes me $23,250 annually?
    I don't know what website you're referring to but the website I quoted is a Harvard website, it's purpose is to encourage applicants from Britain so it is reasonable to assume the information it provides is accurate. Not that any of this matters because you have almost no chance of getting into Harvard anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Was pointing out I don't have to rely on mummy and daddy xox

The fact remains it is cheaper to study in Ireland than it is to in the UK. I don't see how anyone can possibly argue it. (I should point out Uni fees are not my biggest concern, baring in mind I did seriously consider going over to the USA to study.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not too sure about that, Welsh students have it pretty great at the moment.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't know what website you're referring to but the website I quoted is a Harvard website, it's purpose is to encourage applicants from Britain so it is reasonable to assume the information it provides is accurate. Not that any of this matters because you have almost no chance of getting into Harvard anyway.
    Not sure anyone does. I used Harvard's own financial aid calculator.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Not sure anyone does. I used Harvard's own financial aid calculator.

I quoted these posts but i'm referring to your earlier argument. Okeanos where are you getting all this information about prices for British students in Ireland? I'm only starting in Trinity this year and even now i know several Brits who had cheaper costs as a major reason for choosing to study in Dublin.

Hell even my French cousin only complained about one price when he studied here, and that was the high price for drink!
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post
    I quoted these posts but i'm referring to your earlier argument. Okeanos where are you getting all this information about prices for British students in Ireland? I'm only starting in Trinity this year and even now i know several Brits who had cheaper costs as a major reason for choosing to study in Dublin.

Hell even my French cousin only complained about one price when he studied here, and that was the high price for drink!
    The fees are lower, I do not dispute that - but the cost of living in Dublin is very high. If you or your family are independently wealthy and can afford to pay for your accommodation and living costs then yes, studying in Ireland is technically cheaper than the UK, but most people would have to rely on student loans - except there aren't any loans available to British students studying in Ireland. It is cheaper, but for most people far less affordable.

How does your French cousin pay for his accommodation, food, books, travel etc?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast