HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Health Forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

I don't think we should restrict what people write in the health forum as I find it's a really great place for advice. I think many people post here in a hope that someone else has gone through what they're going through right now. It's more so someone asking for tips than help, of course the most logical thing for people is to goto the doctor, but sometimes it can be quite embarrassing to do so, whereas if someone on here is giving you tips on how to make something not hurt so much (e.g. depression and that penis related thread) it's always nice. No one on here is stupid enough to take certain things seriously, I hope. All in all, I think the health forum is great and I've asked questions about my mental health and I've gotten great answers which really helped as I know that some others on here have also gone through the same.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Health questions must be a pretty popular topic on HxF. Why remove one of the precious things left that is keeping Habbox alive :S

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I think they are fine as they are really. Lots of forums have health forums, and there are lots of places to ask for advice on health related issues on the internet- and most of this advice won't be given by professionals. I think in a way its nice for people to get advice from a community they are used to, and a community that contains users of a similar age who may have gone through the same problems. Most people should know to take any advice given with a pinch of salt and common sense should provail either way. They've never been an issue before, and can be quite interesting and helpful for some people. Introducing even more rules will just complicate things further and make the forum seem more like a prison than an open posting community and in the past there have been some quite useful and interesting discussions arising from threads in that forum. Sure, some people may troll, but there is no way of proving this, and it looks pretty legit to me. Some people were a bit quick off the mark to put it down to trolling, when someone could have been looking for peace of mind. Sometimes even being told to consult a doctor can work wonders. I think if its obvious its a trolling thread then moderation would deal with it quickly, however I do not think we should restrict what kind of advice people can ask about unless its breaking another rule, since its not like people can't ask in most other places on the internet- I think its a nice part of the community that people are able to ask advice about these things, even if the advice given is to seek medical treatment etc.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Furthermore a torn frenulum is not a "serious medical issue" and it's not always necessary to be a medical professional to have knowledge on a subject, just as one doesn't need a doctorate in business studies to make a trade thread. Certified qualifications are not the only guarantee of sound knowledge - in fact they aren't any guarantee of it at all, so the entire reasoning is daft
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Furthermore a torn frenulum is not a "serious medical issue" and it's not always necessary to be a medical professional to have knowledge on a subject, just as one doesn't need a doctorate in business studies to make a trade thread. Certified qualifications are not the only guarantee of sound knowledge - in fact they aren't any guarantee of it at all, so the entire reasoning is daft
    Agreed, especially considering a lot of us are guys, and a lot of guys have penises!
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

so guys can we get rep pages back this is serious

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    so guys can we get rep pages back this is serious
    They are back

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678