HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

For anyone on Virgin Media:

Went into a store a few days ago for some enquiries I had:

1) Virgin are looking into deploying 200mb in Q1 2011 as the flagship and skipping a 100mb launch altogether (They will still do a 100mb service though) and are most probably (90%) doing 100mb in Q1 2011 regardless.

visit my internet web site on the internet
    http://dong.engineer/
    it is just videos by bill wurtz videos you have been warned

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    Surly you should call and inquire as to why you're getting such bad download rates anyway though.
    We did do a while ago, they told us that they are aware of how low the speed is and nothing can be done. Like I said, can't remember the exact reason why as it was my mum that spoke to them, I seem to remember her saying something about the wiring. Is there no other alternative for us like internet that uses 3G? That is what my dongle obviously does but we get nowhere near enough data allowance to provide for all of us.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic Bear View Post
    For anyone on Virgin Media:

Went into a store a few days ago for some enquiries I had:

1) Virgin are looking into deploying 200mb in Q1 2011 as the flagship and skipping a 100mb launch altogether (They will still do a 100mb service though) and are most probably (90%) doing 100mb in Q1 2011 regardless.
    Are they going to change on how the current way broadband comes through our homes? Unless I got told false information in regards of how much coaxial cable can support up to.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I manage.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Are they going to change on how the current way broadband comes through our homes? Unless I got told false information in regards of how much coaxial cable can support up to.
    I think the fibre optic cable can theoretically support up to 1Gbps (may be wrong) - not too sure on the coax but I think that's the same. However, I'm sure they'd change the coax to a better cable if need be.

Virgin currently use EuroDOCSIS 3 on their newer modems which can support 400Mbit (I think) so they can certainly do it provided the infastructure is upgraded.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I think the fibre optic cable can theoretically support up to 1Gbps (may be wrong) - not too sure on the coax but I think that's the same. However, I'm sure they'd change the coax to a better cable if need be.

Virgin currently use EuroDOCSIS 3 on their newer modems which can support 400Mbit (I think) so they can certainly do it provided the infastructure is upgraded.
    Yeah they probably would change. I was just wondering as I got told that coax only supported around 100mb and wasn't too sure if that was correct etc Thanks for the reply!

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Currently, the best (experimental) optical fibre speeds are 100Gbps. 40Gbps is non-experimantal and been out a few years, but the majority of backbone level fibre out there is running at 10Gbps.

DOCSIS 3 is theoretically capable of around 300Mbps and EuroDOCSIS 3 is theoretically capable of around 400Mbps. Not sure which Virgin use.
    Last edited by N!ck; 17-09-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Yes, 200mb is FTTH iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post

Fibre can support way over 1Gbps.

visit my internet web site on the internet
    http://dong.engineer/
    it is just videos by bill wurtz videos you have been warned

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic Bear View Post
    Yes, 200mb is FTTH iirc.

Fibre can support way over 1Gbps.
    Typo, I meant 100 (a)

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast