HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: What changes would you like to see on the forum?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 posts rule lowered to 5 & thread viewing limitations on non-registered users implemented.

20 57.14%
  • Would like to see 15 posts rule lowered to 5 and would not like to see thread viewing limitations

5 14.29%
  • Would like to see thread viewing limitations to guests but would not like the 15 posts rule lowered to 5

2 5.71%
  • I would not like to see any of these changes made

8 22.86%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Suggestion to bring in more members.

Well, lots of forums that I go on have a restriction on viewing threads if you are not a registred member, e.g. if you were not registered on Habbox Forum, and you tried to view more than 3 threads, then a page would come up saying "You have reached your weekly supply of threads, this is because you aren't registred at Habbox Forum! Click here to register to see the thread you were trying to access".

This would surely help this problem:
    Currently Active Users: 164 (81 members and 83 guests)

83 GUESTS? that is more than the members we have online! even if these 'guests' are registered, then it will encourage them to log in, and become more active.

Just a thought, sorry if this is already installed... delete this thread if it is. (have been registered for quite a while, so I can't really remember back to when I was new and was viewing threads as an unregistered user)

Plus, if it is already installed, make it a bit more stricter, so that it encourages people to register... but not too strict.
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 13-10-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good idea actually. Let them visit 10 threads then make them have to register an account. You'd see a lot more people sign up. At the end of the day you might lose some guests but they're hardly benefiting the forum anyway. Although it wouldn't affect many of us I'd like to see it implemented. Good selfless suggestion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    Good idea actually. Let them visit 10 threads then make them have to register an account. You'd see a lot more people sign up. At the end of the day you might lose some guests but they're hardly benefiting the forum anyway. Although it wouldn't affect many of us I'd like to see it implemented. Good selfless suggestion.
    I was thinking maybe 3-5 threads, then make them register. Yes it may be annoying, but I'd rather have the annoying side of it, and have the upside of making HxF that little bit more future proof.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

good idea but alot of accounts will be created just so they can view like one thread, after that they may not use it. So it would be pointless them having it and the account would be sitting there wasting bandwidth?

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

yeah definitely. they do it on chf, i remember cause it's why i signed up there ha

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think 3 is a tad harsh. Let them see 10, see how good HxF is and then surely they'll want to sign up after that

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves, View Post
    I was thinking maybe 3-5 threads, then make them register. Yes it may be annoying, but I'd rather have the annoying side of it, and have the upside of making HxF that little bit more future proof.
    for such a big forum, i think 10 would be more suitable

I like the idea

cake

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks for your support guys! and CH is 3 threads, I just tried it.

I actually agree though, start at 10, and if it isn't working then slowly bring it down, if it still doesn't work then simple; remove it.

And to the guy who said 'wots the point it wastes bandwidth' - We already have 40,000 members, 38,000 of those a probably inactive, so it really wouldn't make a difference.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Members logged in =/= active posting

All this will do is give us a potential increase in total membership but likely a decrease in actual views and traffic, as many just won't bother. Even if they do, it makes no difference at all if they're still not inclined to post
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Members logged in =/= active posting

All this will do is give us a potential increase in total membership but likely a decrease in actual views and traffic, as many just won't bother. Even if they do, it makes no difference at all if they're still not inclined to post
    They would be encouraged to post. This is ClubHabbos message when they can't view more threads:

'You Cannot View Anymore Threads

Oh no, you cannot view anymore threads while you are a guest as you need to register in order to view the forum at its natural beauty. Don't worry though, registration will only take a few seconds and guess what? Its completely free, woo!

So, if you still wish to view the thread content then click the link below to join ClubHabbo, or if you are already a member then you can log-in and view threads.

Click here to register a Free account!'

That really does encourage Habbo-ish noobs to register, it's fact; if more people register, posts will go up. You can't argue that point.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast