HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default HxHD

Hey,
    The amount of people using the HxHD to chat has obviously increased by a lot but one problem that still exists is kicking users that are permanently banned. Before I rant I'm not trying to make sly digs at anyone. I think the Help Desk needs to be created by someone who is a lot more active on habbo so they can ban these permed users. I understand you can't trust anyone to own the room but I do think it's about time management trusted the helpdesk manager. It seems a little silly how managers have the same amount of power as super staff, they should have more control over the room. I've been using habbo a lot more now for a good few weeks and Matt isn't on habbo enough as he should be (No offence). I just don't feel the manager now or managers in the past have been given a fair chance to show they can control a room. They shouldn't have to keep running to matt to fix solve their problem. I'm sure if something happens with habboxlive, jess/scott would try to resolve the problem before asking for Managements assistance.

Radio Management
    Jess has control over the radio, she can boot people off when she needs to.

News Management
    I'm assuming Martian has control over what news gets posted, he can remove, delete or edit news articles.

Rare Values
    The manager obviously has control over the rare values page.

Content
    Content Manager has to edit the content so has control over that.

I think the rest of the departments are based over the forum (could be wrong though)

Fair enough the help desk is on habbo and you can't just remove their perms but at the same time you can easily just edit the official room on the website if anything bad happens (Although I doubt anything bad would ever happen because you trusted them enough to manage a department). If trust is a huge problem, a content manager could post explicit content. It also makes me laugh when I see staff behind the desk and banned users talking to them, a lot of them don't have the power to kick them but it should always be reported to someone who can kick them.

Cheers,
    Rich.
    Last edited by Richie; 07-01-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i kinda agree, i think the hxhd manager should own the room as i don't think that obviously matt can and should be on 24/7. if a manager owned the room it'd make the department more their own, they rely on general management a lot for sorting out issues. when i was staff back in summer i was told to contact david throughout the night if i had issues, rather than the management.

also i think the banned list needs to be amended as some people on there are banned due to quarrals with previous hxhd management, and that should be reviewed.

recently the head dj's also gained the ability to boot people off the radio and access to the shoutcast admin for when jess/sct isn't around so we don't have to go running to management. but obviously it doesn't work like that on habbo. but i think hxhd need to get out of the gm's pockets a bit.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Think why in a way Habbox isn't as represented as the good ol' days years ago when both owners and GMs were on Habbo tons. I do agree Habbo is probably the main source of giving Habbox hits and without a clear presence from the senior staff, that may be affected. The GM should have visit Habbo regularly as one of their job descriptions.

Matt does a good job as GM, but I think that's what's missing .
    Last edited by Grig; 07-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

When managers own it, it comes to the problem off when they leave its just annoying...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

[@]@GoldenMerc frankly even with GM owning it it's moved what 3 times since august? martin &gt[/@]; dan > matt.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

I agree with Grig ^^

At least some higher ups should have a big presence in game.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Publicised View Post
    [@]@GoldenMerc frankly even with GM owning it it's moved what 3 times since august? martin &amp[/@];gt; dan > matt.
    Yeh but it'd be a bit worse with managers but i see where your coming from

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    When managers own it, it comes to the problem off when they leave its just annoying...
    Yeah but as Beth said it gets moved a fair amount anyway. I'd much prefer searching a new name every few months than having **** that are either 12 or growing men thinking they are the bees knees by insulting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Publicised View Post
    [@]@GoldenMerc frankly even with GM owning it it's moved what 3 times since august? martin &amp[/@];gt; dan > matt.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd rather promote a member of staff who had worked the hardest and deserved it rather than the one with the most furni.
    The HxHD Manager still has control over thehelp desk even if they do not own the room itself. Banned users is only a small part of running the help desk although I know there have been attempts recently to clamp down harder on banned users. Matt is on enough time to do the admin things like adding/removing rights at the very minimum. Regardless of who owns it, there is still only one user who can ban people temporarily from the room so it is a rather pointless feature anyway when targetting banned users (they just come on on clones instead).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Totally agree, and if anything sometimes its nice to have a change every now and then. It gets really frustrating when everyone is helpless against a banned user cause Matt's not there and managers usually do stick it out for a long time and they should be trustedwith owning the room. Surley the person who manages the department day to day is alot more equipped to actually own the room

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast