HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default *URGENT* Chemistry Help! *Chemical Names and Formulas*

Well, I'm currently failing the class of chemistry which I take as a honors course due to the exams being 55% of my grades. I've began to taken it seriously now and I really need help with some stuff in there.

Chemical Names and Formulas-
    my teacher expects me to know most of the anions like acetate and thiosulfate and their formulas.. which i dont get much because as notes he gave us this: Potassium Permanganate is K+1 MnO1/4(the numbers are suppose to be small) and equals to KMnO4(on top) which makes no sense whatsoever to me.. and a second example he gave was Iron(III) dichromate is Fe+3Cr2O7(bottom)2-(top) equals Fe2(Cr207)2.

can anyone please explain it better than this teacher i have for chemistry? because he really doesnt explain it well or i just dont get it.. and for the people who dont get what the point of this is I NEED HELP WITH THE CHEMICAL NAMES AND FORMULAS OF CATIONS AND ANIONS WHEN THEY ARE TOGETHER/SEPARATE!
    yo, it's me ste

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ste30 View Post
    Well, I'm currently failing the class of chemistry which I take as a honors course due to the exams being 55% of my grades. I've began to taken it seriously now and I really need help with some stuff in there.

Chemical Names and Formulas-
    my teacher expects me to know most of the anions like acetate and thiosulfate and their formulas.. which i dont get much because as notes he gave us this: Potassium Permanganate is K+1 MnO1/4(the numbers are suppose to be small) and equals to KMnO4(on top) which makes no sense whatsoever to me.. and a second example he gave was Iron(III) dichromate is Fe+3Cr2O7(bottom)2-(top) equals Fe2(Cr207)2.

can anyone please explain it better than this teacher i have for chemistry? because he really doesnt explain it well or i just dont get it.. and for the people who dont get what the point of this is I NEED HELP WITH THE CHEMICAL NAMES AND FORMULAS OF CATIONS AND ANIONS WHEN THEY ARE TOGETHER/SEPARATE!
    adding more information: so far ive known this, can someone tell me if its right or not?

Radium and Permanganate = Ra2+ MnO1-/4 (the numbers are suppose to be small) So that would come out to be Ra(MnO4)2 right? a simple one would be Copper(II) and Fluoride which is Cu2+ F1- = CuF2 because Copper is +2 while fluoride is -1 so fluoride would need 2 of itself to be equal with copper?
    yo, it's me ste

Tokens

No one on here would be able to explain it better than the teacher... Just ask him to explain it after class... Or read the textbook
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah im going for tutoring, can smoeone close this.
    yo, it's me ste