HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Collegno

Default Total War...Warhammer!?!?

Well, they did it. Creative Assembly dun broke the mould and made a high fantasy RTS. My two favourite brands just combined.

What do you all think? Any potential in it? Are they making a mistake? What game would you have prefferred from them next?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I'm interested because I'm a big fan of the Dawn of War series, however I do understand that this new game is based on Warhammer rather than Warhammer 40k that the Dawn of War series is based on. I'll keep an eye on it though!
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Collegno

Dawn of War is an amazing franchise. Do you play much, Chris? I was somewhat reluctant to play DoW II for a while, just because it removed the base-building elements, but I like how it was made into a more...almost MoBA style game.

As for the new game, Warhammer Fantasy still has the evergreen (ha. ha) Orks. That's good.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Collegno View Post
    Dawn of War is an amazing franchise. Do you play much, Chris? I was somewhat reluctant to play DoW II for a while, just because it removed the base-building elements, but I like how it was made into a more...almost MoBA style game.

As for the new game, Warhammer Fantasy still has the evergreen (ha. ha) Orks. That's good.
    Yeah I have been playing it quite a bit recently. I mainly play Soulstorm as I prefer the base building and larger scale battles, but I do play DoW 2 when I'm in the right mood for it.

I'll have to have a look at the original Warhammer lore and find out if there are many similarities.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Collegno

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    Yeah I have been playing it quite a bit recently. I mainly play Soulstorm as I prefer the base building and larger scale battles, but I do play DoW 2 when I'm in the right mood for it.

I'll have to have a look at the original Warhammer lore and find out if there are many similarities.
    I could have a game or two with you on Soulstorm at some point, if you're interested. I bought the franchise about four years back. Mods or not?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Collegno View Post
    I could have a game or two with you on Soulstorm at some point, if you're interested. I bought the franchise about four years back. Mods or not?
    Sure Not played online for years! I use mods in skirmish, they make the game more entertaining.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Only every played with the actual figures, not the games.

Ogres, Vampires and Orks ftw.

Not sure on the games though, might give it a check out.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Collegno

Quote Originally Posted by lRhyss View Post
    Only every played with the actual figures, not the games.

Ogres, Vampires and Orks ftw.

Not sure on the games though, might give it a check out.

Ogres and Orks are entertaining as all hell. I'm kind of looking forwards to Vampire Counts though. Mannheim on his giant lich dragon would be such a brilliant character.

On that note, anyone else think that this could be the start of Total War doing some more fantasy things? I want a Song of Ice and Fire: Total War game more than I want food.