HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Default How to get kids to stop smoking in non-smoking areas?

Hello everyone.

I wondered if anyone had any ideas of how to stop students from smoking in the playground or outside doorways?

Incentive schemes, policies etc? There are designated smoking areas already but they pay no attention to them

+rep for amazing suggestions

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Take it your on about a school? There shouldn't have to be any incentives, what's wrong with punishment if caught doing so?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

fear of informal sanction is better deterrence than punishment. find a way 2 make others hate them for breaking the rule and they will be less likely to do so.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

er say if they are caught smoking out with designated areas they will have the cigarettes taken off them?

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There is never enough staff to encorce these rules and even when there are they just ignore them. When I am at uni there is often like 100 people outside smoking and nothing gets said or done about it because no matter what you do people will continue to smoke there anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

guilt trip them all with an assembly about second hand smoke

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I suggest abolishing the silly anti-smoking rules and focusing on education, which is what school/university is for.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I suggest abolishing the silly anti-smoking rules and focusing on education, which is what school/university is for.
    they have designated areas... he's complaining they don't smoke there, not that they smoke
    as someone who used to smoke id have rather used designated areas so im not bothering others with my smoke (not just in ur oo passive smoking doesn't count way but in a it makes people choke, gets in their eyes n smells awful kinda way) or making a mess elsewhere

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Kyle's idea was best I think. Yeah it's unfair for other kids to get punished for something they didn't do, but if you punish everyone (doesn't have to be a big thing, just something annoying) for when a few people are caught smoking in non-designated areas, they're going to be under a lot more pressure to only smoke in the designated areas?

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    they have designated areas... he's complaining they don't smoke there, not that they smoke
    as someone who used to smoke id have rather used designated areas so im not bothering others with my smoke (not just in ur oo passive smoking doesn't count way but in a it makes people choke, gets in their eyes n smells awful kinda way) or making a mess elsewhere
    I haven't ever tried a cigarette (won't on the principle of it) yet i've never felt that strongly about it to force others in public to act in a certain way. I'm not keen on smoke but then i'm not keen on seeing sick all over the streets at 3am from girls dressed in the bare minimum. I don't approve of gay prides either and wouldn't like to see one, but I wouldn't ban it. I'm actually glad the smokers are ignoring these strange social engineering rules that are thrown at us all of the time now..... from smoking to 'healthy eating'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast