HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Default Selling on Ebay?

Has anyone ever sold anything on Ebay before? Ive bought stuff on their but never sold and Im wanting to sell my old MacBook,

How easy is to do? Im pretty new to selling stuff online, I was reading that I can take my sold item to my local Argos store and pay a fee around £10 and Argos would deliver the item.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Pretty sure the advice with any tech is DON'T

Then if you're absolutely desperate then make sure you have a note of all serial numbers etc as it's very common for people to switch good products out with broken/dodgy products and if you don't have a note of the serial number you're screwed.

but yeah i've not used eBay really since the early 2000s.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I sold a ps4 and FIFA2017 on ebay recently, first things I've ever sold on there the game went off fine no worries and the ps4 I got a message from someone living nearby offering to pay cash and collect it, which was great since it meant I avoided seller fees (10%!) and postage. Would assume that selling stuff brand new is easier since you know the condition is perfect but yeah may be best with more expensive items to see if anyone local wants it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I sold a ps4 and FIFA2017 on ebay recently, first things I've ever sold on there the game went off fine no worries and the ps4 I got a message from someone living nearby offering to pay cash and collect it, which was great since it meant I avoided seller fees (10%!) and postage. Would assume that selling stuff brand new is easier since you know the condition is perfect but yeah may be best with more expensive items to see if anyone local wants it
    Yeah I was thinking of using one of those local Facebook groups but I was worried about getting fake cash, lmao I don't know if I'm just being paranoid.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I'm never sold any tech on there just clothes but most have gone down without any problems. Sometimes users try to get money off because of "X" and those can be a pain. What I've found is generally buyers have more rights than sellers!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

I've sold bulk stuff like my mum's CD collection, no tech stuff. Relatively easy but theres no guarantee it is going to sell.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I never have and i doubt i ever would.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've always sold everything on eBay. Consoles laptops and generally that sort of thing are abit iffy as someone already said people do say it's faulty and try and return a different product. EBay and PayPal normally side with the buyer which leaves you out of pocket. Have you tried your local cex or cash converters? You may not get as much but it's alot leas hassle if that's what you are worried about (if you haven't sold it already seen as this thread is months old aha)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

ye i sold a fiver for £8.50 the other day x gr8 times

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yuxin View Post
    ye i sold a fiver for £8.50 the other day x gr8 times
    WHAT