HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S4

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Galaxy S4

Surprised not to see a post on here about this. What do people think?

The phone will have an 8 core chip although apparently not in the US, not sure why. A lot think this will be overkill and I do wonder if it will effect the battery life although I know the battery has been improved for the phone.

A lot of talk has been on the phones new eye tracking feature that allows content to scroll down automatically - e.g. reading text the page would scroll down with you. Also looking away from a video would pause it. It's an interesting idea but I wonder if it will be tricky to use as while reading something you may easily glance down making it scroll. The good thing is that the feature can be turned off.

It has NFC and I believe will support wireless charging.

A lot of people think the phone looks too similar to the S3, with simply the screen made larger, the S4'S being 5 inch, too big for a lot of people (which will mean we will get a s4 mini). This does make me wonder though as the iPhones always look similar each new model and yet seem to get praised design wise by the fans.

I'm not sure if It's a phone I will get. I am still on the s2 at the moment as I got a good contract deal from Tesco as I work there along with the phone for free. I may try the phone out and see how it is to hold and use size wise, as I'm not sure if 5 inch would be too big for me. I may even upgrade to the s3 when my contract ends near the end of this year.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...0/#eye-control

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It is too similar to the S3, they're getting a lot of criticisms for that - some even saying Samsung is the new Apple in that it's just under the hood stuff rather than anything essentially aesthetic. That said, the features that are new to the phone are pretty impressive, which ends any comparison to the competition

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Samsung seem to be lacking innovation. The S3 was great when it came out, but the S4 looks exactly like the S3! Majority of the features can be found from third party applications on the S3 anyway!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

It probably wouldn't be that much of a difference if you already own the S3 or something like it I suppose. I guess it's like one of the iPhones with an S at the end as it's not one of the major updates. If you get me?

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    Samsung seem to be lacking innovation. The S3 was great when it came out, but the S4 looks exactly like the S3! Majority of the features can be found from third party applications on the S3 anyway!
    I agree, such a shame....

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it looks just as bad as the S3, but that said 8 cores isn't much to sniff at as long as the battery supports it. Also props to Samsung for shipping it with 4.2.2 instead of 4.1.2, but that said I would still pick the HTC One over the S4.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It is too similar to the S3, they're getting a lot of criticisms for that - some even saying Samsung is the new Apple in that it's just under the hood stuff rather than anything essentially aesthetic. That said, the features that are new to the phone are pretty impressive, which ends any comparison to the competition
    Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    See a lot of people saying its very similar seem to be judging it on looks. It does look a lot similar to the s3 but in my opinion the s3 looks okay (although I'm still on an s2). I'd rather they focused on getting the most out of the phone than the look. Again I point to apple it doesn't change much design wise usually and yet seems to be the most popular.

It does make me wonder though. Have we got to the point where phones can do nearly everything we want them to and all we will see is improved specs from now on?

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    See a lot of people saying its very similar seem to be judging it on looks. It does look a lot similar to the s3 but in my opinion the s3 looks okay (although I'm still on an s2). I'd rather they focused on getting the most out of the phone than the look. Again I point to apple it doesn't change much design wise usually and yet seems to be the most popular.

It does make me wonder though. Have we got to the point where phones can do nearly everything we want them to and all we will see is improved specs from now on?
    Yeh i'd say so, I wouldnt mind the phone to be glass completely like iPhone mind, But I see where you are coming from

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Not surprised by this but Apple did a new page about their iPhone after the Galaxy S4 was announced:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/why-iphone/

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2013/03/16/follow...-slam-android/

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Since when did talktime take more battery than a video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast