HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Default Concerns about the new revenge reputation rule

(this is an x-post from another section, I thought it was worthy of it's on feedback thread)

*Be right back, I'm going to issue negative reputation to every person who's issued me negative reputation but it wont be considered revenge reputation because I wont mention any posts or other reputation comments.*

Okay, so I'm not going to do that, but a lot of folks are now. I'm not sure why this rule was revised because there was nothing wrong with the previous rule. It made more sense. It's human nature to want to get revenge on someone who's wronged you in your own eyes, and if you issue negative reputation to someone and then that person gives it to you right back then it's pretty obvious that it was out of revenge.

You've essentially rendered the revenge reputation rule completely redundant now because folks will just word their revenge reputation comments such that they don't violate the new revenge reputation rule. You might as well have just removed the revenge reputation rule altogether.

It seems like this was probably a split second decision because it doesn't seem like it was thought through very well. If you've had larger concerns about the reputation system in general then perhaps it should just be discussed as to whether or not the entire system should be revised, in lieu of changing one small rule arguably for the worse.

Oh, and to elaborate further as a user I'm now going to be quite timid in issuing negative reputation because I can pretty much promise you whoever I issue -reputation against will just issue it right back to me.
    Last edited by HotelUser; 02-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Whilst I think that rep should be allowed to be given based on ones particular opinion of somebody and not just based on any post, going by habbox's attitude to rep it is silly that they've done this since it contradicts habbox's overall opinion towards rep (and whether or not something is/n't a pointless rep) and makes it easy for people to get away with giving revenge rep (HI RED)
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would of guessed you were the person to create this thread, seeing as you remove rep claiming it as revenge rep.

If people are "faking" revenge rep, then they must have an actual reason if they are referring to a statement in a thread. People have to be extra creative, and if they can find a part of a post to comment on when giving negative rep then it's justified. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Whilst I think that rep should be allowed to be given based on ones particular opinion of somebody and not just based on any post, going by habbox's attitude to rep it is silly that they've done this since it contradicts habbox's overall opinion towards rep (and whether or not something is/n't a pointless rep) and makes it easy for people to get away with giving revenge rep (HI RED)
    Previous to this, their policy to removing revenge rep was to go by what the person whose e-ego was bruised has said. If people are finding something in a thread when issuing "revenge" rep, then it's not revenge rep as they have found a justifiable reason to lower their reputation.

It's either that or not remove rep, which I would support
    Last edited by GommeInc; 02-11-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I would of guessed you were the person to create this thread, seeing as you remove rep claiming it as revenge rep.

If people are "faking" revenge rep, then they must have an actual reason if they are referring to a statement in a thread. People have to be extra creative, and if they can find a part of a post to comment on when giving negative rep then it's justified. It's that simple.

Previous to this, their policy to removing revenge rep was to go by what the person whose e-ego was bruised has said. If people are finding something in a thread when issuing "revenge" rep, then it's not revenge rep as they have found a justifiable reason to lower their reputation.

I agree that all rep should stay as it is, but since that isn't the case and habbox has this idea that ones opinion of someone shouldn't be the basis of giving +/- rep it seems absurd that they would edit the rule so that people can give revenge rep (whether or not there's something they can find in a post to use as a reason to issue that rep, they are still doing it in retaliation which falls into giving rep based on your opinion of someone and not the post)

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

I would either suggest one of the following courses of action to remedy the rule change:

1. The rule modification should be reversed because it implicitly allows revenge reputation to occur.

2. All rules against revenge reputation should simply be removed altogether (might not be wise, I could see a lot of arguments being caused here).

3. Completely remove negative reputation and only allow positive reputation (a like system of sorts, although I would find this saddening because personally I see the classic reputation system as a Habbox tradition).

Of course you may not agree with me on any of the above cases but it's just my $0.02!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can we not just disable negative rep in usergroups, this whole argument about pointless/revenge rep is boring

Can Leave Negative Reputation -> No

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    can we not just disable negative rep in usergroups, this whole argument about pointless/revenge rep is boring

Can Leave Negative Reputation -> No
    people can disable their rep if they're that bothered by it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

people can disable their rep if they're that bothered by it
    yet the whole topic still comes up

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree that all rep should stay as it is, but since that isn't the case and habbox has this idea that ones opinion of someone shouldn't be the basis of giving +/- rep it seems absurd that they would edit the rule so that people can give revenge rep (whether or not there's something they can find in a post to use as a reason to issue that rep, they are still doing it in retaliation which falls into giving rep based on your opinion of someone and not the post)
    Ah, but they have to find something in a post to issue negative rep. If they can do that, it's not revenge rep because unknown to them is they're actually finding something to complain about rather than just the member - if that makes sense? It stops children who are having a temper removing valid negative rep all because they got their first. It's much fairer and works for people who think rep should stay as it is - at least with this there's a reason, rather than instant removal.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Ah, but they have to find something in a post to issue negative rep. If they can do that, it's not revenge rep because unknown to them is they're actually finding something to complain about rather than just the member - if that makes sense? It stops children who are having a temper removing valid negative rep all because they got their first. It's much fairer and works for people who think rep should stay as it is - at least with this there's a reason, rather than instant removal.
    It's really easy to find something bad about almost every post on the forum.

(Not to be a negative ned, keep in mind it's also easy to find nice things in posts as well).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast