HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Dream

Latest Awards:

Default Looking for help with Gaming PC

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone knows andthing about prebuilt gaming PCs. I know pretty much nothing and would like some advice or reccomendations. Only thing is i have to buy from Amazon. Im looking to spend around £600 - £800 maybe abit more if its worth it.
    Games i would like to play on it are:
    Persona 4 Golden
    Minecraft (Modded)
    Borderlands 2
    Maybe some new AAA Games on medium graphics
    Indie games too

Ideally im looking for a PC i can upgrade over time and hopefully something i can play on atleast medium graphics with.

I was thinking about this https://www.amazon.co.uk/CyberpowerP...13&sr=8-4&th=1
    Or
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fierce-High...3&sr=8-26&th=1

Any advice or reccomendations would be hugely appreicated.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

To be honest, a PC that's half the price you're looking at will be able to run those games no problem.
    The first PC you linked has a slightly better CPU, with a clock speed of 2.9GHz with 4.1GHz turbo, and 2nd has the same clock speed but can turbo to 4.3GHz - you wont notice any difference though with the games you're playing.. Also the 1st links CPU has 6 cores and 12 threads, whereas the 2nd only has 6 cores and 6 threads.. which put simply... the more cores and threads it has, the more it can process at a time.

Both have very decent RAM, only really need 8GB RAM for gaming really, anything above that is welcomed but not needed, I think 16GB is the sweet spot.. I opted for 64GB for my PC because I am overkill & both have a 240SSD (which you'll only want to install windows on, and any programs you want to run fast, such as steam and obviously Habbo lol. Then all your games and other various programs installed on your 1TB HDD. Keep your SSD as empty and clean as possible for maximum speed and life.

Whereas the GPU on the 2nd PC is far better, by about double tbh... On games where you'll be getting around 40fps on the 1650, you'd be getting around 70fps with the 1660, partly due to the fact it's 6GB as opposed to 4GB

So long story short... 1st link has better CPU, 2nd has better GPU, so depends which way you wanna go. GPU's can be upgraded extremely easily, literally plug in and play.. CPU's are a little harder, but still easily done. That said, neither of these PC's are really future proof.. Both of them have a PSU that only covers the power it's going to be using.. So if you ever wanted to upgrade to a beefier GPU, then you'll need to also change your PSU as well.

Though your most strenuous game you listed you'll be playing is borderlands 2, which with the first link you'll easily see around the 120-140fps mark, and considering we can only see at 60FPS, I think you should be good lmao

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Dream

Latest Awards:

Thanks Triz. That was really helpful and easy to understand. I have a better understanding on what to look for now.
    Luckily in not in a rush to buy it atm so imma take my time and maybe look into pcs with a 1660 or 2060.
    Thanks for the heads up with the PSU too i would of had no idea about that because not all listings have info about the power. Thank god for youtube having tutorials on upgrading parts too even if they do look fiddly i think i'll be able to follow a video.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dream07 View Post
    Thanks Triz. That was really helpful and easy to understand. I have a better understanding on what to look for now.
    Luckily in not in a rush to buy it atm so imma take my time and maybe look into pcs with a 1660 or 2060.
    Thanks for the heads up with the PSU too i would of had no idea about that because not all listings have info about the power. Thank god for youtube having tutorials on upgrading parts too even if they do look fiddly i think i'll be able to follow a video.
    I'd advise if you ever wanted to upgrade your PC parts, to go to a PC website builder, as they'll tell you which parts are compatible with what, as you don't want to bottleneck your PC, by buying a CPU that can't handle your GPU requirements, or vice versa. The games will still run, but you'll have a drop/loss in FPS or a lag spike as your CPU tries to catch up. So by putting your PC parts into a builder, the website will tell you if it's compatible, along with if your GPU needs a bigger PSU, or if your case isn't big enough etc...

https://buildmypc.net/ is a decent one to use. Basically idiot proof way of building a compatible PC, plus it is cheaper if you buy the parts separately and build it yourself, it's honestly easy, if you can do a shape sorter, then you should be good to build a PC, there's generally one 1 place for each component to go... Failing that, Google/YouTube is your friend.

Then you can use this website: https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ to check whether your CPU and GPU works well together and whether or not your GPU/CPU will limit each other. As obviously if you have a decent CPU but a crappy GPU then that's generally fine, you're just limiting your graphics due to your GPU, as your CPU will be able to handle anything thrown at it (waste of money of course, but still works) whereas if you have a shit CPU but a decent GPU, then that'll cause problems.

I made sure to future proof my PC, I have a 1000w PSU, and I only need 850w to power everything on my PC, I have an Intel i910900K, Overclocked to 5.3GHz, 64GB RAM, Corsair Motherboard and Watercooling Fans, 1TB SSD and a total of around 12TB HDD's (Plus an external cloud-enabled 24TB HDD) with an RTX 2070 Super 8GB (Currently saving up for the RTX 3090 24GB) but it's around £2000 on it's own, so it can wait for now.. I can still play the benchmark game on Ultra settings, but I'm getting 40-50fps and with us gamers.. if we ain't getting 60fps then it ain't worth playing lmao.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Dream

Latest Awards:

Those are super useful sites, Imma deffo run through some of the pcs ive bookmarked through these.
    Thank you so much. Youve helped me loads.
    your pc sounds super beefy but i think you may need to download some more RAM :p
    i dont think you have enough memory if im honest. jk

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dream07 View Post
    Those are super useful sites, Imma deffo run through some of the pcs ive bookmarked through these.
    Thank you so much. Youve helped me loads.
    your pc sounds super beefy but i think you may need to download some more RAM :p
    i dont think you have enough memory if im honest. jk
    No worries, glad I could help

and yeah currently it's a £3400 PC setup, but when I get my RTX 3090, it'll be around £5400 setup.

Here is picture of it.. RGB lights to make it go faster, which everyone knows.. works 100% uhuh, yup.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Dream

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Triz View Post
    No worries, glad I could help

and yeah currently it's a £3400 PC setup, but when I get my RTX 3090, it'll be around £5400 setup.

Here is picture of it.. RGB lights to make it go faster, which everyone knows.. works 100% uhuh, yup.
    I did wonder why everything was RGB but i guess its just like go faster stripes.
    Your PC looks awesome. mind selling it to me for a generous offer of £1000? :p jk if not ill just rob you so you have no choice really.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

hahaa yea, RBG's are similar to go faster stripes on a car.

Tbh I don't have my RBG lights set to rainbow, they're often a Cyan blue, or light purple.. It only cycles rainbow when turning on, and when I load up a game it turns to green, and will only change based on the temperature of my GPU, the hotter they get, the more my PC changes from green to orange to red, so I know if it's overheating lol. Never seen it above a dark green so far, I have too many fans