Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Default What do you think life to be like in 30 years?

What do you think life will be like in 30 years from now, in the year 2040? What technological improvents do you think will happen and how do you think this will compare with life today, better or worse?
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, in Japan (I believe, or another place like that can't remember) there are early stages on robots, so we could have robots in the future lolol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samares

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Muct View Post
    Well, in Japan (I believe, or another place like that can't remember) there are early stages on robots, so we could have robots in the future lolol.
    lol, that would be worth seeing
    :¬:

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fudge

Latest Awards:

I agree with Muct, I think there could quite easily be a few robots in that time

I'd imagine technology would drastically improve, like everything we have now just like improving if that makes sense.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Call me pessimistic but I don't reckon much will change. We'll all be older, there may be a few new gadgets out but robots? No... although a small part of me doesn't want them to happen anyway... damn iRobot.

However, I do think there may be a few medical advances. Not sure about a total cure but I'm crossing my fingers for a cancer medication that avoids all the terrible side effects of chemotherapy/radiotherapy etc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

I don't think Apple will be as popular as it is today or Microsoft on that matter.
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens

Latest Awards:

holograms n robotz

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

The pessimistic view; new borns are chipped for national 'security', the United Kingdom is a federal province of a federal Europe, we are all fingerprinted at birth while CCTV cameras line every street and film every detail in the name of 'security'. China is the dominant world player and routinely abuses that status and forces the west into submission over a number of issues. Africa, Europe, South America and North America have all federalised against the wishes of the public at large and without ever asking for permission to do so - democracy is dead, the leaders are not elected as it would risk pulling the whole system apart. The NWO is taking shape and world government is on the cards with the details of every citizen being shared between police forces with abusive powers. The western and developed world is aged with a massive pensions crisis ongoing. (most of this is already being advocated/is occuring anyway today)

The optimistic view is something like today but perhaps a bit better with more cures found and advances in science - provided they are not abused. I dread robots although they may become a part of life i'm not sure really. Robots would have to become incredibly cheap and advanced to have any use.

The future is unknown anyway, Japan was once projected to be the world superpower by 1980 and we once thought that by the year 2000 we'd all be flying spaceships around brutalist style buildings that were the height of modernity. The truth is that modernity is never reached and its impossible to even contemplate the future properly. I'm optimistic about the future anyway, because good always wins over evil.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 16-07-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    The pessimistic view; new borns are chipped for national 'security', the United Kingdom is a federal province of a federal Europe, we are all fingerprinted at birth while CCTV cameras line every street and film every detail in the name of 'security'. China is the dominant world player and routinely abuses that status and forces the west into submission over a number of issues. Africa, Europe, South America and North America have all federalised against the wishes of the public at large and without ever asking for permission to do so - democracy is dead, the leaders are not elected as it would risk pulling the whole system apart. The NWO is taking shape and world government is on the cards with the details of every citizen being shared between police forces with abusive powers. (most of this is already being advocated/is occuring anyway today)

The optimistic view is something like today but perhaps a bit better with more cures found and advances in science - provided they are not abused. I dread robots although they may become a part of life i'm not sure really. Robots would have to become incredibly cheap and advanced to have any use.

The future is unknown anyway, Japan was once projected to be the world superpower by 1980 and we once thought that by the year 2000 we'd all be flying spaceships around brutalist style buildings that were the height of modernity. The truth is that modernity is never reached and its impossible to even contemplate the future properly. I'm optimistic about the future anyway, because good always wins over evil.
    You have just ruined my day I may sound stupid, but why would china be the dominant world player? I know they have a high population, and quite a lot of resources, but they are quite a lot below the current world players, and the population over there is decreasing (Thanks to the one child law, if that's still standing?) I doubt they would become the dominant world players in 30 years ?
    Last edited by The Don; 16-07-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samantha.

Latest Awards:

Really hi-tech!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast