Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Sandwhich shop business

Right, say like you went in to a warm sandwhich shop, what would you expect to pay for the following:
    Bacon sandwhich
    Sausage sandwhich
    Full breakfast
    Sausage Eggs and Beans
    Bacon Egg Sausage Tomato

Also, if your family has ever set up a food business, how much is the general start up costs?
    [CENTER]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ah I remember a sandwich/baguette shop in town near my school and college. Was immense!

A cost for a large bacon and egg mayonnaise baguette was £1.80 or £2.30 (can't remember, was so long ago but £1.80 seems awfully familiar). The baguettes were the ones you can get in super markets which are pre-cooked, all you need to do is oven them to make them crispy. It was quite a good business as it did deliveries and it only died because Subway opened up two shops in the town and it just died.

It depends what the sandwiches includes, if they're literally JUST bacon sandwiches, if they're warm/cold etc.

Starting up would depends on what facilities you aim for. Some places may come with the basic kitchen and oven facilities, and whether or not you plan to have it as an eat-in place or just a take-away business. Renting as well, for a sandwich bar you do not really need a large building as it's literally a place to queue, kitchen and so forth.

A year to rent a place wouldn't go too far into the £10,000 p/a, they sometimes stay (for a small place) between £800-£900 p/m. Food supplies vary on where you get them. I wish I could remember the companies that deal with food supplies here but I doubt they'll be the same in Yorkshire, but huge tubs of mayonaise do not cost that much and that's one of the things you'd need a good supply of if you aim on having sandwich fillers with sauces like that (bacon and egg, egg mayonaise etc). Butter can be cheap too, as you'd probably go for spreadable marge.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 22-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you open a sarnie shop you need more than just sarnies!
    You need jacket potatoes, sandwiches hot&cold, drinks hot&cold, crisps and some even have like sausage rolls and other party food.

My dads currently opening a sandwich shop and it's cost him ALOT to open it, you need so many machines and stuff like hot and cold counters, heaters, chillers etc.
    Stuff like drink machines too, costs quite alot of money to open up, a few grand at least i'd imagine to fully decorate and furnish from scratch.
    Oh, and usually 2 quid a butty is decent.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

mm will you make me food Adi for free

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eckuii View Post
    Right, say like you went in to a warm sandwhich shop, what would you expect to pay for the following:
    Bacon sandwhich
    Sausage sandwhich
    Full breakfast
    Sausage Eggs and Beans
    Bacon Egg Sausage Tomato

Also, if your family has ever set up a food business, how much is the general start up costs?
    I know of someone who has set up a bakery before, it's a very expensive process so i've been told. Obviously it depends where you want the business to be located. My friend basically set up a bakery in what was a shell and the total cost was around £95,000. There are also a lot of regulations which are very strict such as food temperatures etc which means certain things such as air con need to be considered, which I know isn't cheap. All the little cheap things gradually build up into something that is very costly.
    Last edited by flatface; 22-07-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Well its £120,000 to set up a Domino's franchise so - the rights you have to pay dominos prob about 90k

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks guys for your posts Its a good job that I arent setting up a Dominos then Ross .

I actually really want to set up a business like a cafe and wanted some slight ideas. I am going to ask around my area. I think when I got for a sandwhich, I always want a decent breadcake. If the breakcase is crap, the sandwhich is crap.

Well atleast I work at BNQ and can get my discount to set up .
    [CENTER]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd probably rather go to a cafe than go into a sandwich shop, you should open a cafe.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eckuii View Post
    Thanks guys for your posts Its a good job that I arent setting up a Dominos then Ross .

I actually really want to set up a business like a cafe and wanted some slight ideas. I am going to ask around my area. I think when I got for a sandwhich, I always want a decent breadcake. If the breakcase is crap, the sandwhich is crap.

Well atleast I work at BNQ and can get my discount to set up .
    Very good luck to you! I'm sure it will be a hard process but also exciting and fulfilling at the same time

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I want somewhere you can sit down and stuff like that and I arent just going to sell hot sandwhiches. Im going to sell all sorts, sausage rolls, muffins and the sort. As well as cold sandwhiches. Lucky for me, I have a plasterer, electrician, plumber and decorator in my family. As well as a very good friend who is Gas Safe. So im all sound on the decor front and such.

The thing with a cafe is that if you have a cafe, its a legal requirement to also have a toilet. Which you then have to clean when dirty builders come in for a poo.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast