HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you racist?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

Default Are you racist?

Didn't know if this was a thread worth making because I don't know if anyone is gonna step out and be like "Yep I'm super racist" but it's Habbox there's all sorts of people around these days :rolleyes:

I'm not. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of racism since obv Chinese living in England wasn't a smooth operation in my life and will never be lol. When I was younger it really got to me and I literally hated my parents because I needed someone to blame for being Chinese (lol good one Shaz) n it just felt like I was super different therefore super ugly ha as if there was something wrong with me. That prob phased out in high school within the first year or so. Obv still get the odd remark now here and there on the street now or if I'm in an argument and they have nothing else on me but the difference is I know I'm NOT unattractive, not sure if that's big headed but I just acknowledge that I'm not ugly which I felt like I used to be made out to be and believed for a long time. Dealing with it used to be so hard cos I'd just cry as soon as one word was said cos I took it sooooo personally. Now I feel like great to be different from everyone else, if I was given the choice now I would never change my race. It's something I'm now proud of rly.

Now I just know what it feels like n know that someone could feel like I did or even worse which I'd never wish upon someone. I'd never in a million years say be racist to someone lmao even as a last resort. I don't tend to have racist thoughts either which I think people may own up to, and I can kind of see reasoning why you would
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I'm not racist unless you count referring to chiense takeaway as a chinky racist.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, but I do find myself in situations where I hope someone thinks I'm not being racist.

For example, this summer I was on a plane journey from the UK to the US, and some tall black guy decided to stretch his legs and spent about 30 minutes stood by one of the emergency exits. I was playing my 3DS, and occasionally I'd just look around, see where the air stewardesses were, and he'd always end up staring at me and I'd end up making eye contact with him, and I hope he didn't think I was staring at him just because he was black or something.

But then does that make me partially racist for thinking that he might have been thinking I was being racist?

I have family members that are racist (the older generation) and it does my head in, especially when they refer to people from the Middle East as 'black' when they mean Asian (they only see Chinese/Japanese/Koreans as Asian I guess).

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

id like to think im not but i do get nervous around muslims in *certain circumstances* so i guess you could argue i am. i don't consciously discriminate against any race though i don't think.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

Can't say? No one can actually say for sure that they're not racist so..

I have made some distasteful and offensive jokes and had the general thinking that my race (kashmiri) was better than all indian races so yea that

anyway i've improved and can only hope to improve more?
    anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not consciously no, where I am being prejudiced without realising could happen. Then again kardan's story happened to me as well but it was a white guy. he kept doing these nervous glances and all he had was a backpack so coupled with my wild imagination, it was very uncomfortable.

My family can be prejudiced sometimes and I argue with them about it so I like to think I'm not racist and accept people regardless of their skin colour.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    id like to think im not but i do get nervous around muslims in *certain circumstances* so i guess you could argue i am. i don't consciously discriminate against any race though i don't think.
    yh i've had this when i walked down the manchester curry mile which is basically where ALL of the manchester muslim community goes. it was about 12 at night and there was just so many pervs looking me up and down n obv it scared me n made me nervous and gave me some thoughts bout the muslim men but i'd be the same if it was english men or w.e too creeps are creeps
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i don't feel scared of muslim men just hanging around lol i will admit tho that being on public transport with them makes my stomach turn. i wouldn't go moving from them or make a big deal or spout racism because i KNOW there's a chance anyone of any background can blow up transport but i guess it's been instilled in me. i want to change it but the automatic feeling of nervousness/fear is deep-rooted in me. i blame my obsession of watching 9/11 videos.

pigged 25/08/2019

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I don't judge people on the colour of their skin (which is what true racism is), I judge them on their personality/cultural attitudes. Do I enjoy racist jokes? Absolutely, I find them hiliarious. But then I enjoy dark humour on a whole host of groups/subjects: Church, Islam, Gays, murder - you name it.

In arguments and banter with ethnic friends I haven't purposely said something in anger about skin colour, although on a banter level I will rip them on that level sometimes - but then I got ripped on that level and called a **** daily throughout school. It didn't harm me, it was just a joke.

I think i'm pretty normal in that regard like most Britons; not racist, but then we haven't got time for politically correct nail biting either.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 18-08-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I get nervous around muslims on public transport. I couldn't wait to get off the bus when a muslim came on with a bag when i was younger i feel bad because they were probably really nice people but i just think 7/7 and stuff which causes my imagination to imagine bad things

but i get nervous like that all the time. Like today i walked my dog and some guy was talking to another guy saying im just gonna get the dog then we'll go to blahblah.. my heart jumped and i power walked away thinking they meant they were gonna steal my dog :¬:

anyway i laugh at racist jokes if that counts

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast