HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Home network setup +rep

Heya,

At the current moment we have 11 PCS/Laptops in the house and its really hard managing them all, as im usually the one who has to fix problems, and carry out the usual maintinence.

I'm really looking into setting up a network, which will allow me to remotely control all of the PCS on the network via a central PC, aswell as turning them off - It'd also be nice to put restrictions in place on certain things - (brothers downloading crap, then expecting me to sort out the viruses they've downloaded with it)

I don't want anything near as intrusive as the ones you get at school, just something to make my life easier.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Cant you buy home network kits from like pc world n that? I thought you could.
    It would definately be a good idea, we had one wired in the house when it was built and we only have 5 comps and laptops. Worth it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can setup a server running Windows Server 2003 and make it a domain controller which would allow you to add all the computers to the domain.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hehe, that sounds fun, I may actually do the same . You could always find some decent remote assistance software. Like Ranger Remote: http://www.rangersuite.com/ . It is what bschools use however you don't have to be mega intrusive, alternativly you could use 'Log Me In'
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 06-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dunko

Latest Awards:

Use Lanschool.

Don't be put of by the name, it's actually really good and it can't even been stopped by taskmanager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    it can't even been stopped by taskmanager.
    He wants it Unintrusive, if someone wants it off then he wants it to be off...
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dunko

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 00chips View Post
    He wants it Unintrusive, if someone wants it off then he wants it to be off...
    Well he could just do nothing to them and it will just go un noticed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well what if his family doesn't trust him? Or really don't like being spied upon?
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dunko

Latest Awards:

Well what if his family doesn't trust him? Or really don't like being spied upon?
    Then don't install it in the first place then...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thats not an issue, as my dad actually put forward this idea. And he's prepared to pay for measures, he knows it'll be a damn site cheaper than getting some one in to sort it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast