HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Lightbulb how do you read?

this might sound as a redundant thread as almost every single one i do so no room for worries but, while reading a little bit of a novel, i got oddly curious to know people's personal way to transform the words in concepts

which one of these options is more similar to your reading process? let's consider you're reading a novel, so:

================================================== ===================

a) you do not mind about imagining at all - just words words words words until the end..

b) you do basically scroll your eyes to the words quickly, but a concept is progressively being created, but it's just its basic stuff, like the environment, the characters, without thinking too much about what's happening around the focus area (the character's converse, for example) or the expressions of the characters

c) everything that is being described on the plot matters - if the characters is kindly saying "hi" to someone in a rainy evening on Paris, then you'll not only imagine the character saying hi with a nice expression, but you'll be able to imagine his lovely voice saying it, while, in the background, a foggy Eiffel Tower is beautifully accompanied to a low imaginary sound effect of rain and, who knows, crowd talk

d) other (??)

bye, readers

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

WITH MY EYES

ahhaahha

I have a huge and vivid imagination so I say C!! I also create loads of character traits in my head that aren't in the book cos I can't just not iamgine them as real people etc!!

Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Definitely C! My imagination goes crazy while ready to the point where I get a little angry if the writer hadn't mentioned a characters hair for example until like half way through the book and I've imagined them differently I won't change my character the author can get screwed

eg Sarah J Maas in A Court of Thorns and Roses - I didn't pick up the fact that one character had long ginger hair and I always imagined him with short blond hair I couldn't change my image she was wrong

Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

98% of the time it's a
    (love):S

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Definitely C.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Oh, my turn to speak! My way of reading things still lies in a line between C and B, depending on whether the current passage is worthy of greater attention or is just a "filler" description, if you get me. But when I dive into the plot and become all the characters, one at a time..... kind of forget I'm reading, like who's Lucas?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

with my eyes

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Depends on the book. Sometimes I'm just reading, taking the words in and understanding them - with little to no imagination in my mind of what is happening but simply an understanding of it through the words... like I don't picture anything in my mind, if that makes sense.

Other times if I'm really into a book, it's like I go into a trance and I don't even notice myself reading any words at all - it's like a continuous movie being played in my head. It's just effortless, it genuinely feels no different to watching a movie because I don't feel like I'm reading and I don't even remember looking at words, it's an instantenous motion picture in my head.

It's really a mix between A, B and C. Sometimes though even if I'm really enjoying a book, it's still an A or B for a while until I go into a trance and it becomes a C+++. Strangely if I start to realise I'm in this weird trance-like state, I snap back to A and it might take me pages to get back to a C+++.
    Last edited by Lewis; 15-10-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

D} Others.

For a novel:
    Imagination and reading comprehension is the key. For me a book have to be easy for me to comprehend. If I cannot comprehend it I cannot imagine the story correctly. {My reading comprehension is a little weak.}