HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default No Post Count in Forum games

Hey,
    I think it wasn't a good thing to change the forum games forum.
    You should be able to get post counts from there, even if the mis-use the threads. If they double post or break the rules, mod's take care of it. If they post pointless, SMOD's will take care of it.

Many people will stop posting in that forum now. Just checked the forum, and only 1 thread was created yet.

I think you should re-set it to normal forum games rules.

Do you agree with me?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For any board to be strong you need to have a high post count total, without a forum games the forum's weekly posts will decline and let other forums to take over Habbox's place on the boardreader ranks. I say for the good of the forum to leave it as it was as there's a forum games sections on almost all board (They don't get abused as much as it does here) but they still get used alot and that's where most of the forum total posts are found, just should of left it how it was.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Today, 02:15 PM

What usually happens to normal people during the day from about 9-5 / 9-3? I wonder, could it be work or education, could it mean that very few people are on the forum because their not sitting on their computer? absolutely.

The forum games is a easy way to get your post count up, taking advantage of features that higher level post counts get, its very unfair if a member spends their time helping/constructively posting to get to use a feature through time, then some sad-addicted kid comes on the forum and gets 1000 post counts in a week.

It's really idiotic.

I very much doubt the forum games will get changed as the management agree'd (from what nvr posted im sure) and also vast majority of members agree'd its pointless and should have no post count.

So no, i don't agree

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tteh View Post
    Today, 02:15 PM

What usually happens to normal people during the day from about 9-5 / 9-3? I wonder, could it be work or education, could it mean that very few people are on the forum because their not sitting on their computer? absolutely.

The forum games is a easy way to get your post count up, taking advantage of features that higher level post counts get, its very unfair if a member spends their time helping/constructively posting to get to use a feature through time, then some sad-addicted kid comes on the forum and gets 1000 post counts in a week.

It's really idiotic.

I very much doubt the forum games will get changed as the management agree'd (from what nvr posted im sure) and also vast majority of members agree'd its pointless and should have no post count.

So no, i don't agree
    I only have around a 100 posts in there, was hoping to bag a few hundred more posts before it went but sadly I did not

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Theres always the welcome/leaving threads

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm still of the opinion that the post counts from the forum games should be removed. Most of the people who strongly disagree with that are the people whose post counts will go from 10,821 to 821.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

All the previous posts made in there will still count towards post count. Its just new ones will not, simple

It's a good idea for a few reasons - 1) The User Promotion System works on post count. You get better features and climb up the ranks for making a positive contribution. Posts words, or simple posts which dont really have any structure means that people are getting better features for nothing whereas members who are really making an effort are getting left behind. MissAlice is a good preacher for this one; its the quality not the quantity of posts that count. 2) A lot of the threads in spam are more constructive than those in forum games! Forum games are just something to do when you're bored, or there isn't much to do. They are time killers. Your post count goes up in the forums where posts are contributing to the community. Forum Games just dont have good enough quality posts to deem it necessary to raise your post count. In my opinion it was a great decision, and I will have to conclude that I disagree with you Meti!
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm glad it has gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meti View Post
    Many people will stop posting in that forum now. Just checked the forum, and only 1 thread was created yet.
    If people stop posting now, it just goes to prove that they were only in it for the post count. If we aren't allowed "post your" threads anymore, then it only makes sense to get rid of the post count in forum games as well.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But I liked the game "Write with your nose"

Now I can't play it anymore

Joking.

I still think it should be set back. What about all the good games?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It wasn't even affecting anyone by having post counts rise in there, it's a lot worse with people having long discussions in one thread, I don't wanna use anyone as an example but that WWE thread, there are 3-4 people really intrested in it and they've got about 200+ posts each just in that thread discussing a game they're looking forward to.. It's stupid for taking away post count from the games, yeah.
    That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it cause we consider these minutes golden.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast