HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Habbox in 2010

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox in 2010

Well with all the suggestions passing around about the forum there isn't many about the site and how we can improve that. So here we gooo! There's no point making the site how we want it, it's more about how you want it and you should tell us here okk

Things off the top of my head are;

• New layout which is less cluttered and easier to find what you want. Along with this a cutting down of the navigator and new 'hub' pages as I like to call them linking off to the various pages. And also being able to choose between 3/4 styles
    • Rare Values are supposedly getting a new script, though this has been said for months now.. and along with the release of this (or soon after) we want a rare values calculator
    • In terms of content we're going to be sprucing up most, if not all, of the pages so they fit better with the new layout when it's sorted. Along with this we want to make it more.. young? Yeah it's good having tons of information, but when you think about the age of habbo users, they aren't going to want to read massive chunks of text.
    • Dismissal of the newsletter. Yes. You can all laugh in my face ok. Well it wasn't a total flop, but the readership of it isn't worth continuing it and lack of manager involvement is also a factor
    • A Today's events thingydude. Yeah we had one on the site for like a week or so but it wasn't getting updated and so i took it away. Instead, we're going to have a feed from the forum calendar
    • Scrap the Image archive. Yeah we spent a lot of time on this, including myself but it's rubbish. There's other sites like habborator and habboemotion that offer complete archives and not totally out of date ones and there's no point just replicating what they have, so we'll leave that to them!

That's all I can think of atm, but please add your ideas or build on those above

cake

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ive not the time to reply to all at but I totally agree with the Image archive. It took FOREVER to get that up and running and is an extreme disappointment that it was barely used how ever its not been updated I dont think since it was introduced ages ago so thats good. Also, I think that there is a MASS of guides and information on the site which is really confussing and if I was new then I wouldnt know where to look.

Also, with regard to the layout I love the idea that Yonder showed me a long time ago about moveable content where users can log in and actually more the nav or HxToday to where they want it which I thought was a superb idea. Even better if they could re-arrage the nav etc to how they like.
    Last edited by Alkaz; 30-12-2009 at 02:02 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

On the layout, have something like this; http://www.bobbavalues.com/?go=rares

Its interactive at the sides, and allows us to involve members of the public, we need something like that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    Ive not the time to reply to all at but I totally agree with the Image archive. It took FOREVER to get that up and running and is an extreme disappointment that it was barely used how ever its not been updated I dont think since it was introduced ages ago so thats good. Also, I think that there is a MASS of guides and information on the site which is really confussing and if I was new then I wouldnt know where to look.

Also, with regard to the layout I love the idea that Yonder showed me a long time ago about moveable content where users can log in and actually more the nav or HxToday to where they want it which I thought was a superb idea. Even better if they could re-arrage the nav etc to how they like.
    Oops I forgot the movable bit. That's also in the piplines - and before someone says we got the idea from Club Habbo, we were thinking of it months ago

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    On the layout, have something like this; http://www.bobbavalues.com/?go=rares

Its interactive at the sides, and allows us to involve members of the public, we need something like that.
    Yeah that's quite cool as atm there's not really much to do on the site other than read. Whilst I was looking at that site it reminded me that we were thinking of some kind of graph for rare values tooo

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

It's good to cut down on the clutter. KISS is always the best policy. .
    And I agree with Undertaker - users feeling involved is something to aim for.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    It's good to cut down on the clutter. KISS is always the best policy. .
    And I agree with Undertaker - users feeling involved is something to aim for.
    What's KISS :eusa_ange keep it simple or something alike? ;p

Things keep popping into my head now. About uder interactivity, we want to do more with the user system. When someone logs in we want to show they habbo, their feeds etc. But really, that's as far we've got on that

cake

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by infrequent View Post
    Oops I forgot the movable bit. That's also in the piplines - and before someone says we got the idea from Club Habbo, we were thinking of it months ago
    Yes someone Jin said no to it like a year ago

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

What's KISS :eusa_ange keep it simple or something alike? ;p

Things keep popping into my head now. About uder interactivity, we want to do more with the user system. When someone logs in we want to show they habbo, their feeds etc. But really, that's as far we've got on that
    Keep it simple stupid :8
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Aww, I will miss that image archive! It's Very useful for News reports when we can't find images! Guess we will have to go elsewhere!

In terms of the site layout, I think it's a good idea to change things around a bit. Some of it seems to be a bit too grown up in places and it would great to offer something to the newer Habbo users, who perhaps would like something easier to understand and use which would get them involved more. I think certain area's of the site need to stand out more and be promoted more.

Events being displayed is a great idea. We want to make the site noticed more on Habbo, and getting the guests who visit the site aware of all the events is great promotion, not only for the events team, but for other people to see how popular the rooms are on Habbo, and maybe join up to the site.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well with all the suggestions passing around about the forum there isn't many about the site and how we can improve that. So here we gooo! There's no point making the site how we want it, it's more about how you want it and you should tell us here okk

Things off the top of my head are;

• New layout which is less cluttered and easier to find what you want. Along with this a cutting down of the navigator and new 'hub' pages as I like to call them linking off to the various pages. And also being able to choose between 3/4 styles
    Agreed with this. More styles would be fab, at the same time less clutter would be fantastic - I mean until lately I have not read much of the content on the site, as there is so much of it. It's boring going from page to page too.
    • Rare Values are supposedly getting a new script, though this has been said for months now.. and along with the release of this (or soon after) we want a rare values calculator
    Great idea. I think only seeing the values when you hover over them could be good and it would save space. The Rare Values calculator is a must.
    • In terms of content we're going to be sprucing up most, if not all, of the pages so they fit better with the new layout when it's sorted. Along with this we want to make it more.. young? Yeah it's good having tons of information, but when you think about the age of habbo users, they aren't going to want to read massive chunks of text.
    Believe me guys, when Jake says 'sprucing up most' he means it
    • Dismissal of the newsletter. Yes. You can all laugh in my face ok. Well it wasn't a total flop, but the readership of it isn't worth continuing it and lack of manager involvement is also a factor
    I personally found the news letter too big, with nothing special going for it. I think a quarterly newsletter could be good though.
    • A Today's events thingydude. Yeah we had one on the site for like a week or so but it wasn't getting updated and so i took it away. Instead, we're going to have a feed from the forum calendar
    Prime idea.
    • Scrap the Image archive. Yeah we spent a lot of time on this, including myself but it's rubbish. There's other sites like habborator and habboemotion that offer complete archives and not totally out of date ones and there's no point just replicating what they have, so we'll leave that to them!
    I'll pretend I knew we had an image archieve.

That's all I can think of atm, but please add your ideas or build on those above
    In bold.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast