HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cc prefix

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default cc prefix

wouldnt complain if it got removed, think i was one of the people who wanted it but it's hardly been used since it was added and when it does theres always people who do the generic lukz gud wd!! posts anyway.
    either people aren't arsed to criticise/dont know what to say, or ignore the prefix and get mod edited.

gonna admit it was a bad idea asking for valuable criticism on a habbo fansite anyway l0l.
    @Kyle; @dbgtz; @Samanfa; i think were ones who argued for it, dunno what they think

@Chris; is gonna hate me for posting this prob

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

I wasn't around when it was implemented, but when I did have a look in the graphics forum not too long ago, I saw it and wondered what the point was - do people not give cc in the forum anyway? That's the whole point in posting in the first place, surely ?

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Yeah I was thinking this too. Would have been alright a year or two back but now there is really no point. Still, if it is to be removed, make sure no one spams "looks good" or any other short and poor answers.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 25-01-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Yeah I was thinking this too. Would have been alright a year or two back but now there is really no point. Still, if it is to be removed, make sure no one spams "looks good" or any other short and poor answers.
    I know what you mean, but sometimes I will see something and will literally just think 'that looks good' or 'that looks nice', and not always have an idea for improvement. Should I not be able to post that, as long as it's not just a c+p to every thread in the forum .

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think if you ask in the OP for CC you deserve a bit of it, if it's just 'looks good' without directly addressing the graphic at all. I don't really mind it as much now and with my Chibis I'd rather not use it as I remember @dbgtz; saying he couldn't really give CC to it as it's not his style of work.

What I'm saying is if someone says CC is welcome etc. then only if a person doesn't address a part of the graphic they could be moderated for it,

Example:

I post a Chibi saying CC is welcome

X member says: Looks good

Y member says: Overall, it looks cute

I'd rather get the bottom one as it's actually addressing the graphic; just saying 'looks good' could just be put on many psots around the forum.

Have I confused anyone? If someone wants CC then to an extent it should be given, I don't mind if they're removed I'd just prefer a member actually addressing the graphic .

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Its unneeded but some people want it so yeahh? Even though I got a warning for it haha...
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I don't mind if it is removed. I would rather replies were actually thought about and not just the simple "looks nice". If you like the graphic then at least pick out something that you liked. Obviously if you felt something could of been improved you would suggest what that was.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thinking about it, the OP could also just reply to someone and say 'thanks but is there anything I can improve on' and quote the person who just said 'looks good.'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Thinking about it, the OP could also just reply to someone and say 'thanks but is there anything I can improve on' and quote the person who just said 'looks good.'
    I got asked that and unless I wanted to boost my post more I wouldnt reply... simple as.
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skandar View Post
    I got asked that and unless I wanted to boost my post more I wouldnt reply... simple as.
    But who seriously thinks "Oh, I'm not going to reply because I don't want to boost my post count"?

It was a good idea at the time, kind of, but now there's just not enough people who can give criticism anymore so you're just going to get 'looks good', 'this is good' or 'amazing!!!!!1!!!'. It is currently just sat there being pointless and it's an extra job for moderators (and a nice way to get more logs I guess).

Perhaps still have a small rule in the graphics forum that you can't just put simple, generic replies such as "looks good" because, as Samanfa said, I'd much prefer it if someone said something along the lines of "I think the graphic looks great!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast