HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The future of Habbox

Its clear that Habbox is dying - and fast. I am here today to ask the simple question.....*5 SECOND PAUSE* what is being done about it?
    Last edited by Laurrenbbz; 02-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    ex-event organizer
    ex-habbox live dj lauren / dj squark (don't ask)
    ex-help desk staff

we rushed it, moving way too fast that we crushed it, but that's in the past ~

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

You joined in 2011, Habbox hasn't changed a lot since then. To be fair, I'd like to say something is being done, but now I'd say everyones given up

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Is it though, yea habboxlive is but departments like content are having quite good traffic on the wiki and from what a lot of non habbox members tell me habbox is the first place they and all their mates go for their habbo news, as two examples. I think we have to be specific here, habboxlive and rv may be dying and the forum receiving less traffic but I would hardly say all of habbox is collapsing and definitely not fast anyway. Just specific areas are dying .

Though yes it does seem worrying how little is being done about it. Especially with rv, maybe its just time to give up the ghost with that rly unless they can find some astoundingly good idea that the mp doesn't offer better.
    Last edited by Zelda; 02-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I'm not denying your claims but what do you mean by dying? People seem to have different views on what they mean by that. As people from a few years ago will have a totally different opinion than people who joined up within the last year. This question should also be asked to Sulake Management as the product that this fansite is based around is also dying.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

I'd say HabboxLive is the only half decent dept still running, HxHD really needs to change to some sort of happy chair place where habbic stands for 18 hours and the rest need some sort of revive

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I'm not denying your claims but what do you mean by dying? People seem to have different views on what they mean by that. As people from a few years ago will have a totally different opinion than people who joined up within the last year. This question should also be asked to Sulake Management as the product that this fansite is based around is also dying.
    Whilst I understand the future of Habbo (and its success) is a bit shady at the moment, say Sulake do nothing to improve activity / popularity of Habbo then where does Habbox go from there?
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    You joined in 2011, Habbox hasn't changed a lot since then. To be fair, I'd like to say something is being done, but now I'd say everyones given up
    Yes, I did JOIN in 2011 but I have been visiting Habbox since 2007/8 time and if you compare now to then it isn't as lively if you get what I mean.
    ex-event organizer
    ex-habbox live dj lauren / dj squark (don't ask)
    ex-help desk staff

we rushed it, moving way too fast that we crushed it, but that's in the past ~

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iLogan View Post
    Whilst I understand the future of Habbo (and its success) is a bit shady at the moment, say Sulake do nothing to improve activity / popularity of Habbo then where does Habbox go from there?
    I have no idea what would happen to Habbox if Habbo closes any time soon. Actually I was going to ask Jin this the other day but it was during the holidays and knowing him he would have been drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurren View Post
    Yes, I did JOIN in 2011 but I have been visiting Habbox since 2007/8 time and if you compare now to then it isn't as lively if you get what I mean.
    Habbo isn't anything like what it was back in 2007/2008 and also no fansite is like that either. I wish people stopped comparing to the times of 2007 because it's not going to get back anything like that in terms of activity.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 02-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sadly, there's no magic wand that senior management can wave to fix everything. I doubt any fansite will get back to their glory days but I also know that they are not redundant. They really can make a difference. Habbo has over the years chipped away at a lot of what fansites offered by doing it themselves but they can't do everything and so if we can find the thing that's valued by the average Habbo then we can improve so instead of asking 'what is being done about it', perhaps the better question is 'what ideas can I think of that'll help'

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Sadly, there's no magic wand that senior management can wave to fix everything. I doubt any fansite will get back to their glory days but I also know that they are not redundant. They really can make a difference. Habbo has over the years chipped away at a lot of what fansites offered by doing it themselves but they can't do everything and so if we can find the thing that's valued by the average Habbo then we can improve so instead of asking 'what is being done about it', perhaps the better question is 'what ideas can I think of that'll help'
    So have you got no current ideas in motion to help improve activity (what happened to that uservoice thing, like using habbox as a platform to promote ideas popular by other Habbos)? Or are you just hoping that Habbo will get their act together.
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast