HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Are you learning a foreign language? Tell us about it!

Hello!

I just figured it'd be interesting to start a little thread discussing your experience learning a second language or more!

I am currently learning German. It started it school, but I am advancing by taking some online free courses and getting myself accustomed to structure, how it works, etc! I am nowhere near fluent and I have trouble understanding quick speaking, so I like to stick with reading the text. I have used Duolingo. It's great!

Tell us about your experiences and any tips you might have for each other!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

German is an unusual one to learn, what made you choose it? Usually pick languages on their international reach (English, French, Spanish and Chinese) but I think German reach only extends to Germany, Austria and one or two former German colonies.

I'm not learning a foreign language but I am learning how to teach English as a Foreign Language.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

No, people can learn English if they wish to speak to me.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    No, people can learn English if they wish to speak to me.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Haha. I did attempt to learn German and also Mandarin. Though I was in Shanghai for a short time so I did pick it up a bit better while I was there... Although it wasn't full Mandarin, it was more shanghainese

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ye, German
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes unfortunately i'm studying a level french

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    German is an unusual one to learn, what made you choose it? Usually pick languages on their international reach (English, French, Spanish and Chinese) but I think German reach only extends to Germany, Austria and one or two former German colonies.

I'm not learning a foreign language but I am learning how to teach English as a Foreign Language.
    A lot of my family is German haha. Where I live, we're all vulga German

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I only know English but I would love to learn another language and I've said that for many years but I've never got around to doing it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am learning Korean at a rather idle pace. Hangul is probably one of the easiest alphabets to learn, but it's tough getting that initial grasp of the language needed to start stringing sentences together. Some of the pronunciations can be rather tricky, too, but one block equals one syllable so it becomes very orderly and understandable if you work at it. I really wish I had access to a proper tutor or some Korean friends. At the moment I spend a couple of hours a week reading Korean Wikipedia to perfect my knowledge of Hangul, then I work through the phrasebook I have to come to terms with the sentence structure and some basic words and terms. I'm also at the point where I can understand separate words when I hear Korean people speak. Before you start learning any language, it mostly sounds like gobbledygook. I wish I was more committed, though. It's so easy to procrastinate. It also feels like there's only so far you can go through self-teaching. To learn a new language it's best to be exposed to it frequently.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I am learning Korean at a rather idle pace. Hangul is probably one of the easiest alphabets to learn, but it's tough getting that initial grasp of the language needed to start stringing sentences together. Some of the pronunciations can be rather tricky, too, but one block equals one syllable so it becomes very orderly and understandable if you work at it. I really wish I had access to a proper tutor or some Korean friends. At the moment I spend a couple of hours a week reading Korean Wikipedia to perfect my knowledge of Hangul, then I work through the phrasebook I have to come to terms with the sentence structure and some basic words and terms. I'm also at the point where I can understand separate words when I hear Korean people speak. Before you start learning any language, it mostly sounds like gobbledygook. I wish I was more committed, though. It's so easy to procrastinate. It also feels like there's only so far you can go through self-teaching. To learn a new language it's best to be exposed to it frequently.
    Yeah! I try to read the German Wikipedia. It's tough because it uses complex words like our versions of wikipedia. But it's an awesome learning experience.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast