HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Default is it right to have your babies ears pierced?

ok so basically some random on my fb is preggers and just seen a status like "omg got so much to do in the near future" and one of them was have my babies ears pierced. Do you think it's right? I don't agree with it tbh, why would any1 want to? There's no need to have them done at a couple of months old and I don't think it should be allowed until the child is actually old enough to make the decision for themselves.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Personally, I don't think it is right. I think that the child should be able to talk for themselves and properly respond to whether or not they want to get their ears pierced beforehand.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ThomasLaws

Latest Awards:

I'm mixed on this. Not having my ears pierced myself at any age I can't really give a full two sided answer. The hole that is made in the ear can reheal after a short amount of time. This meaning if the child did not want their ears pierced it can be changed. That does not mean it's right. A baby can not give an answer to getting their ear pierced and really have no desire to as I'm sure they're not aware of the "Lattest ear piercing trends" Personally I feel it's not morally right however the 'damage' to the ear that is done is easily repealed quickly. I believe children should get their ear pierced at a sensible age and not when a parent must make the choice for them. (Sorry this was a lengthy reply but got bored on the bus)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Unless it's some form of religious or cultural ceremony then I don't think we should be piercing our children's ears at all. There are no benefits and piercing often puts them at risk of infection. It's strange how some parents use their children as accessories.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If you want their ears to look sparkly just pop a sticker on it no need to go around stabbing and slicing at babies
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I dont personally like the idea of babies having their ears pierced. I think there should be a age limit just like they have for tattoos for example.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No. I'm fine with circumcision but this is a different matter, circumcision actually protects a baby from getting sexual diseases etc at a later stage and keeps them cleaner, but ear piercings? It's nothing necessary so no. I don't think it's okay.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

my mam took me to get my ears pierced when i was a kid and i still remember the pain now and i don't even wear earrings. i think they should wait until they're old enough to decide for themselves

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think it can be quite harmful to get them pierced too early especially since you have to make sure its clean etc which can be quite hard as children are messy.

Conor is offline The Santa of Habbox
    HabboxLive Guest DJ (Conor)
    Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

It really depends. I don't think it's good to get a babies ears pierced because they don't like pain etc and don't know what happening...

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Guest HabboxLive DJ & Guest Event Host & HabboxWiki Staff & Competitions Staff

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast