HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default First Impressions

If this is the incorrect forum then feel free to move it.

I have recently been watching the auditions of Britains Got Talent and I have made myself post this to see what your thoughts are. It is when you see someone who is over weight, looks 'gay' or whatever and you think "they are never going to get anywhere in life" and this got to me when watching Jonathan and Charlotte's act on Britains Got Talent when Simon Cowell said "and you thought it couldn't get worst" as soon as they walked out. It also happened with Susan Boyle when they thought she wouldn't get anywhere. They both proved Simon and the audience wrong with their big voices.

The question I am basically asking is, do you think it is right to judge someone from what they look like? This isn't going in to relationships or anything but in general like on talent shows and such. What do you think?

moderator alert Thread moved here by Martin (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' as its more suited here.
    Last edited by Martin; 09-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Well tbh it's part of our nature to judge and no matter how much you try not to judge someone, you will always always judge someone.

Answering your question though on talent shows I thought they'd of learnt their lesson by now and not judged a book by it's cover however in society it's a different story all together.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

I absolutely do this, and a lot of the time when you judge somebody for looking different, they perform and they completely surprise you with their audition and then everyone loves them. I don't know if it is right to do it or not, I suppose if they are just dressed weird like most of them are then they have it coming...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I don't think it's right to judge someone because of the way they look but, like most people, I do it anyway. I think we all judge a little even if we don't mean to 'cause it's just part of life. Only human n all that

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I judge everyone rather negatively as I'm quite defensive, so I'm always cautious around people who I do not really know.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

i try my best not to judge someone on their looks before getting to know them, but it's just human nature rly.

as for talent shows, i personally think you have to judge them before they preform. if they're performing an act in front of an audience then the way they look is bound to have a effect on how they come across. if anything they should be making an effort to look nice and dressed up, otherwise it just shows pure laziness. but yeah, that's just my opinion. i don't agree with people who judge them for their physical appearance though, i was mainly speaking about their clothes etc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

i just think its really difficult to not judge someone, even a little bit, on what they look like. i know it's all wrong, you shouldnt judge a book by it's cover, but in this day and age its so difficult to completely detach from looks.

however when it does come to relationships im deffo one for giving someone a chance, and i really feel that someones personality is much more important.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Beauty is only skin deep, but at the same time, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can see why people judge others, we all have a difference sense of what is accepted or 'right' or within line to our tastes. I think it's a shame, but we're all individuals, and there is no way around it. But despite that, we're still all human beings, and I think it is unfair to completely discard someone or treat someone as less of a person based on how they look, their interests, their sexual orientation, and whatnot. Being shallow is probably one of the worst personality traits you could have as far as I'm concerned.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

So if you see someone that is more orange than a cheesy puff and is wearing really skimpy/trashy clothes would you not judge them? I would. I think it's just a natural part of life and most of the time how someone looks can say a lot about them.
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I half agree with @Shazzy; but everyone (even though some people may as well not be wearing clothes, for all the material they've wrapped around themselves) is still human and some tend to forget that. They think (example) that because you've got grey hairs and you're 30 that you're immediately either a liar or a freak when some people are just unlucky. I can't really say much 'cause I guess I think like this too, but at the same time, I think first impressions can be changed?? There are plenty of people I've marked down as something, got to know them and then found out that they're something totally different.

Your sig is very appropriate as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast