HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Default Hair dye allergic reaction - patch tests don't always work.

I do hairdressing at college so this seems a bit weird coming from me. When I was 14 I dyed my hair black and DIDNT patch test it and I ended up like this:
    Took weeks to go away, got a burnt scalp, itchiness, swelling and my eyes swelled pretty much shut. For 3 years I've been bleaching my hair and using crazy colours as there don't contain PPD. I fancied a change. For a while I've been amongst PPD at college, college don't know I have reactions from PPD and they probably should cos I really can't work around dark colours because I get itchiness and headaches. I bought Loreal feria scarlet power, didnt spot PPD in the ingredients, there is another ingredient in some dyes called TDS so because I didn't spot PPD I thought it has this in. I patch tested it and no reaction. 3 days after dying it I wake up to a swollen face again

This is how I look without the swelling (and looked like 2 days ago) https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...54155746_n.jpg
    It is kind of my fault as I should have gone through the ingredients more carefully. For those of you who don't know PPD is the ingredient in dark hair colours that makes it permanent, the darker the colour the stronger the percentage of PPD. As a hairdresser I know that once you have an allergy you have it for life but I should have been more careful especially as I have had this happen before. I got warned last time if my breathing got bad to call an ambulance. It doesn't seem as bad yet as last time as I've taken anti histamines since I suspected I might have been having an allergic reaction, anti histamines help prevent swelling and thought this would be best till I can get to doctors tomorrow to be put on a course of steroids. Just a warning to you all, please be extremely careful when colouring your hair. My patch test didnt show up I had an allergy cos I didnt see the PPD on the box as it was listed under a different name, but please patch test at any time even if you're using the same colour you've been fine with before as you can develop an allergy any time and they're serious. Currently I have blisters on my neck, scabs on my scalp, itchy burning scalp and swollen face. You never think something as small as changing your hair colour can cause something like this but it can.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :-TheGodfather-:

People seem to forget that the stuff they are putting in their hair are chemicals. They don't think about the adverse effects of it. They need to take the time to look at the ingredients and do research about what they are putting on/into their bodies.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Yeah :/ Ive got worse over night. I went to hospital last night as I started wheezing. My heart rate was 140bpm and they said I've gone in to anaphylactic shock. I woke up and my eyelids have swelled shut. They said if my lips or tongue start to swell to ring 999. It suddenly seems a lot more serious than it was

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jssy View Post
    Yeah :/ Ive got worse over night. I went to hospital last night as I started wheezing. My heart rate was 140bpm and they said I've gone in to anaphylactic shock. I woke up and my eyelids have swelled shut. They said if my lips or tongue start to swell to ring 999. It suddenly seems a lot more serious than it was
    Not good hope you're okay. Can I ask though, if you had an allergic reaction when you was younger to hair dye why would you do it again? :S

---------- Post added 25-02-2013 at 01:11 PM ----------

Oh just read properly lol, ignore that. Hope you get better

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can you post a pic

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Jssy; I do hairdressing also!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wow that sounds awful, hope you're okay now :x

j
    ~

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Back to my normal self now lol. At my worst my eyes swelled shut but after 5 days on strong steroids my face has returned to normal. I have my cheek bones back! Won't be doing that again in a hurry

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

dyed my hair well over 40 times and never ever have done a patch test or anything like that, dunno