HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Speakers

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Speakers

For my PS3 I will be using an HDMI to DVI cable for the majority of the time, so I can hook it up to my monitor as well as my pc.

I am looking for some speakers (since sound won't travel through the cable). What speakers should I get to hook up my PS3? (Not USB please!)

I don't want them to be too expensive - but not tacky and cheap

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What is your price range?

for £200 you can get Logitech Z-5500 5.1 (w/ optical output) which is afaik is the most powerful speaker system for the price (the sub can knock paintings off walls)

for £60 you can get Logitech x-540 5.1 (w/ stereo output) which is pretty cheap and logitech means its very good quality.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HC0R3H00LIH00P View Post
    What is your price range?

for £200 you can get Logitech Z-5500 5.1 (w/ optical output) which is afaik is the most powerful speaker system for the price (the sub can knock paintings off walls)

for £60 you can get Logitech x-540 5.1 (w/ stereo output) which is pretty cheap and logitech means its very good quality.
    I don't want to spend masses - I have some £18 Logitech X-210 speakers for my PC which have proven to be good quality, especially considering the price. It's more of a what will work with the PS3

I looked at some Logitech x-530's - but being surround sound there are too many different connections needed to actually use all the speakers.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can use your X-210s if you don't mind switching cables around.

Just use the RCA cable that came with the PS3 and buy the relevant cable to connect the red and white cables from it to your speakers. Then in the PS3 sound settings tell it to output to AV MULTI OUT connector.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

as far as i know all cables plug into the subwoofer which is the main hub and one cable to wherever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by N!ck View Post
    You can use your X-210s if you don't mind switching cables around.

Just use the RCA cable that came with the PS3 and buy the relevant cable to connect the red and white cables from it to your speakers. Then in the PS3 sound settings tell it to output to AV MULTI OUT connector.
    That would be fine, but my pc is sort of jammed in (To get to the back I would have to move my amplifier, which would mean moving the shelf). Sadly I can't use the same speakers - would be great if I could though!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    That would be fine, but my pc is sort of jammed in (To get to the back I would have to move my amplifier, which would mean moving the shelf). Sadly I can't use the same speakers - would be great if I could though!
    Well buy any 2.0 or 2.1 computer speakers that you fancy.