HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Question Is flirting considered cheating in a relationship?

Is flirting considered cheating when you're in a relationship?

If you're like me, then I'm naturally flirtatious, however generally only to girls that I don't have a romantic interest in. If I have a crush on someone then I'm generally shy and awkward around them. That's just the way my stupidity handles situations. As a result if I am visibly flirting with someone, then you can bet your bottom dollar that it's just banter, and more often than not the girl is dishing it back as banter too... (As sadly I don't have the looks to assume they're being serious)

However I do show some respect if I am in a relationship and the flirty banter gets reeled in, but if someone is in a relationship with me, then they'll know my personality and will have known for X months/years that I am naturally flirty.

Do you feel that flirting is cheating full stop... Or is it only considered cheating if your partner says it is?

What do you think?

THIS DEBATE ENDS ON THE 21st DECEMBER

For more information on the debate guidelines and how to win prizes see the guidelines thread here
    Last edited by Triz; 23-11-2019 at 11:00 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

This debate is now open!

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It really depends on the type of flirting and who the flirting is aimed at. If my partner was flirting with someone via text, online etc and spent a lot of time talking with them too then I'd be very concerned. If it was just a funny flirty comment now and again in conversation then I wouldn't be so fussed.

If you flirt with sexual intention it's wrong. If you flirt to be flirted back with its wrong. If you secretly flirt and try and cover it up, it's wrong.

Absolutely no issue just having banter or a joke now and again, it's just knowing where the boundaries are...

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends on the type of flirting and who the flirting is aimed at. If my partner was flirting with someone via text, online etc and spent a lot of time talking with them too then I'd be very concerned. If it was just a funny flirty comment now and again in conversation then I wouldn't be so fussed.

If you flirt with sexual intention it's wrong. If you flirt to be flirted back with its wrong. If you secretly flirt and try and cover it up, it's wrong.

Absolutely no issue just having banter or a joke now and again, it's just knowing where the boundaries are...

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Depends massively on the relationship in question. In general if you're doing things that you and your partner or partners have decided is off limits then you're in the wrong, but if everyone's aware and happy with it then the same action doesn't necessarily have the same result
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

In my personal relationships: Yes
    In other people's relationships: That depends on them

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    If you're like me, then I'm naturally flirtatious, however generally only to girls that I don't have a romantic interest in. If I have a crush on someone then I'm generally shy and awkward around them. That's just the way my stupidity handles situations. As a result if I am visibly flirting with someone, then you can bet your bottom dollar that it's just banter, and more often than not the girl is dishing it back as banter too...
    (As sadly I don't have the looks to assume they're being serious)

I related to this so much I felt the need to log on just to say so. We're literally the same person in this paragraph.

That's all I wanted to say but as this is a debate I'll have to answer the question now lol. Personally, I don't have an issue with it. Flirting is harmless, it is itself not cheating but could lead to cheating further down the line if it was taking further. I can understand then why some people would not be comfortable even allowing that to potentially start. At its core, a relationship is built on trust and if you are unable to trust that flirting is just flirting then perhaps there's an underlying issue there that needs to be addressed.

I should add that there is a huge caveat to this: relationships are also about compromise and if my other half was not happy or uncomfortable with it then it would be an incredibly selfish move to continue to do so just because I don't have an issue with it. It's one of those things that is not a big deal either way and something that would be easy to cast aside for the sake of relationship harmony.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 02-12-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Depends on the intended outcome. Are you flirting because you're interested, or is it just banter?

I don't think that flirting with someone is cheating, it's what it could lead to..