Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Default SUPER STORM: Strongest winds for 20 years on the way

SCOTLAND will be battered by a "super storm" early next week with ferocious winds of up to 80mph.
    Widespread structural damage is expected, and Scots are being advised not to make unnecessary journeys.
    Forecasters are warning that storms hitting across the UK could be the worst since October 1987. Although parts of Northern Ireland and the south west of England should bear the brunt of the extreme weather, Scotland will be badly affected.

The Met Office warned that the UK would suffer very strong, potentially damaging winds, with the Strathclyde area facing severe gales.
    Tom Tobler, forecaster with Meteogroup UK, added: "The west of Scotland will not be at the centre of the storm but that doesn't mean you'll escape it.
    "From around dawn on Monday there will be extremely heavy gusts of wind. They could get up to 80mph. By lunchtime it'll start to move across Northern Ireland."
    Calmer conditions should return to Scotland by Monday lunchtime as gale force winds continue to tear through other parts of Britain.
    Meteogroup's Gareth Harvey said: "It looks as though it is going to be strong winds just about everywhere with severe gales in some places.
    "We are sure trees will be uprooted and there will be some structural damage if it's as strong as expected."
    Exposed areas in the west and near the south coast have been warned to expect winds up to 80mph.
    Expected to ease off during the afternoon, the high winds will return with a vengeance in the evening, when fierce gusts will hit the south west of England and Wales.
    The storm is forecast to develop out of a strong jet stream which will be moving out of Canada on Saturday and crossing the Atlantic and the UK during Sunday and Monday.
    Independent weather forecaster Tom Defty said: "The exact track of the storm is unlikely to be known until Sunday and the public should keep a close eye on the forecasts as severe damage is a possibility in many areas."
    80 mph? I don't find nothing 'super' about that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Orangez. View Post
    80 mph? I don't find nothing 'super' about that.
    Hehe, I wouldn't try playing rugby (Yes I'm a rugby player ) In that...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can run that speed.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Roboevil View Post
    I can run that speed.

Yea, and I just invented a rocket which will fly out of this solar syatem an into another then back in 25 minuets?

Only joking

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Roboevil View Post
    I can run that speed.
    Can you i bet you can't.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Orangez. View Post
    Can you i bet you can't.
    I really hope you're joking.. :eusa_wall

Anyway, that doesn't concern me. :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

scotland. east anglia too =/ because we have the strong winds picking up as my fence has broke a little

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Luckily my fence blew down last week, my thread is in general :rolleyes:
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oooer. It's been windy down south of Spain, making it dead cold.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Winds were really strong today and it hasn't even got started yet... :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast