HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Clearly it has got something to do with it as you're trying to show the sillyness of the thread (otherwise you're doing it for no real reason, but then again you did argue to get all those threads moved for what was no reason too). By the looks of things, it's proving that it's not the thread that's being silly - it's you. You're showing yourself up, not the thread.
    It depends how you look at it. Me posting in the thread did of course come from the removal of the forum, but me posting in the thread will not change anything about the removal of the forum. That's how I see things. I'm not complaining about the forum being removed, alas, that's what I did at the start of this thread and had campaigned for the few months beforehand. Neither am I saying I want the images thread removed or locked.

I'm simply posting *any* image that follows the rules of the thread and forum, yet I'm still being criticised. Why?

Another issue that has come up from this however, is how rules are adhered to. I've had my posts removed for breaking the rules, but if you break a rule once, it's okay. I'm sure we all know that isn't how rules work around here.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    You didn't ask me anything, but the fact other members only done it once before the rule was put into place, but the rule was put into place because you're being an annoying **** trying to prove a point, so ofc you're going to get told off for it (hell last night you were asking if you'd get infracted in the help desk so don't act as if you didn't see it coming..)
    Look up about 6 posts, I asked you:

So I can avoid the filter once, but as long as I don't do it again, it's fine?

And yes, I accepted that I was going to get told off for it, hence why the thread was closed But does my point not stand, if my posts were removed for breaking the rules, why were other posts not removed for breaking the rules?

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I have no doubt that Kardan was just being a nonce but can I still get an answer to my question because I don't get what the difference is other than his intention
    I know, but since when was 'being a nonce' against the rules?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Are you just ignoring mine and @FlyingJesus;' comments? Would be nice to actually know the difference between images and why we can now break rules once and not be punished

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

This is hilariously trivial and ridiculous.
    Aiden/Kardan posted images that may be deemed ‘pointless’ but what’s wrong with that? Especially considering that the thread is called ‘Post Any Image.’ So, surely posting whatever he likes as long as it’s decent and within forum and thread rules is fine.

Secondly, now there is a newly enforced rule by which says you can’t post ‘forum material’ such as Avatars, which is fair enough, but does that mean Aiden can post several other ‘pointless’ images and get away with it? Because in all fairness it really depends on the recipient as to what they think is pointless. If someone posted three pictures of kangaroos because they are interested in kangaroos, I could say that’s pointless. Or I could post three pictures of Daniel Radcliffe because I like Harry Potter but someone else might find that pointless.

Point three. I think this is all a pathetic continuation of the ‘post count’ issue. People need to grow up and realise post count isn’t important and is just apathetic thing to fret over. Quality over quantity remember. We all know that Aiden swings both ways with this. One minute he’s against pointless post counts, and the next he’s joining in with pointless posts to increase his count on the basis of ‘well, everyone else does it.’

So, back to the point, fair enough if you can’t post Habbox/Habbo images etc. But as for post frequency, that’s stupid. You can’t base this on the closeness of posts. In debates many of us post every 3 minutes or so (some of which post and opinions could be deemed ‘pointless’) so why aren’t those removed and their writers warned/punished?

This is just ridiculous and quite frankly wrongly judgemental. Aiden technically has done nothing wrong, he followed the thread title and posted any image, and didn’t continue to post anything Habbox related after the new rule was brought in. And now you’re saying he’s posting too much, when no one has ever been victimised for this behaviour before.

And finally, as for the whole ‘you did it more than once,’ can you please provide an answer to the point of does this mean we can break any rule once and get away with it? Can I swear once and post indecent images as long as I stop after I get a warning?

On one hand, you can say that Aiden is acting childish over the Assorted/Misc forum and that ever running post count controversy because he doesn’t agree with this system (well, that’s life, sometimes you have to deal). But on the other hand you could say the moderators are being incredibly biased and unfair to Aiden and seem to be making up silly rules as they go along and acting childishly themselves, when quite frankly they should have better things to do than complain about 11 simple, innocent images that as a matter of fact hurt no one and break no rules.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Charz777 View Post
    Aiden/Kardan posted images that may be deemed ‘pointless’ but what’s wrong with that? Especially considering that the thread is called ‘Post Any Image.’ So, surely posting whatever he likes as long as it’s decent and within forum and thread rules is fine.

Secondly, now there is a newly enforced rule by which says you can’t post ‘forum material’ such as Avatars, which is fair enough, but does that mean Aiden can post several other ‘pointless’ images and get away with it? Because in all fairness it really depends on the recipient as to what they think is pointless. If someone posted three pictures of kangaroos because they are interested in kangaroos, I could say that’s pointless. Or I could post three pictures of Daniel Radcliffe because I like Harry Potter but someone else might find that pointless.

Point three. I think this is all a pathetic continuation of the ‘post count’ issue. People need to grow up and realise post count isn’t important and is just apathetic thing to fret over. Quality over quantity remember. We all know that Aiden swings both ways with this. One minute he’s against pointless post counts, and the next he’s joining in with pointless posts to increase his count on the basis of ‘well, everyone else does it.’

So, back to the point, fair enough if you can’t post Habbox/Habbo images etc. But as for post frequency, that’s stupid. You can’t base this on the closeness of posts. In debates many of us post every 3 minutes or so (some of which post and opinions could be deemed ‘pointless’) so why aren’t those removed and their writers warned/punished?

This is just ridiculous and quite frankly wrongly judgemental. Aiden technically has done nothing wrong, he followed the thread title and posted any image, and didn’t continue to post anything Habbox related after the new rule was brought in. And now you’re saying he’s posting too much, when no one has ever been victimised for this behaviour before.

And finally, as for the whole ‘you did it more than once,’ can you please provide an answer to the point of does this mean we can break any rule once and get away with it? Can I swear once and post indecent images as long as I stop after I get a warning?

On one hand, you can say that Aiden is acting childish over the Assorted/Misc forum and that ever running post count controversy because he doesn’t agree with this system (well, that’s life, sometimes you have to deal). But on the other hand you could say the moderators are being incredibly biased and unfair to Aiden and seem to be making up silly rules as they go along and acting childishly themselves, when quite frankly they should have better things to do than complain about 11 simple, innocent images that as a matter of fact hurt no one and break no rules.
    Skimmed through your post as it's the same crap hes posting really

(only got up to point 3 lol), point being on point 3 the only issue with post count is aiden. no-one else could give a crap until eh started crying about it then attempting to throw a tantrum to prove a point.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

Skimmed through your post as it's the same crap hes posting really

(only got up to point 3 lol), point being on point 3 the only issue with post count is aiden. no-one else could give a crap until eh started crying about it then attempting to throw a tantrum to prove a point.
    Well, no I’m not posting what he’s posting because I totally disagree with the whole causing a stink over post counts because I think that’s really childish. Don’t make the assumption that I’m going to agree with everything he says because I’m his girlfriend.

Besides, where has Aiden thrown a tantrum? I’m pretty sure everyone else is throwing a tantrum because he posted a few images, and they’re the ones acting like it’s the end of the world.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Well, no I’m not posting what he’s posting because I totally disagree with the whole causing a stink over post counts because I think that’s really childish. Don’t make the assumption that I’m going to agree with everything he says because I’m his girlfriend.

Besides, where has Aiden thrown a tantrum? I’m pretty sure everyone else is throwing a tantrum because he posted a few images, and they’re the ones acting like it’s the end of the world.
    The reason he started attempting to abuse the thread because he didn't get his way with the assort/misc thread would be where he threw his tantrum

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

idc what his reasons for posting were, I just want to know why one picture is deemed more pointless than another in a thread that's called post any images. If I went into debates and made a hugely well-sourced and intelligent rebuttal of a post that I actually agreed with my intentions would be daft but that wouldn't make the post pointless, and since there is literally just one requirement in the pictures thread (that you post a picture) I can't really see why a fuss was made that he wasn't taking it "seriously"
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

The reason he started attempting to abuse the thread because he didn't get his way with the assort/misc thread would be where he threw his tantrum
    I wouldn't call it a tantrum, more pointing out the flaws in the whole forum system. If we debate with words over things, why not with actions? Ever heard of rebelling?

Even if it is childish behaviour, the moderators who are supposedly superiour to us and you hope wouldbe more mature, along with others are giving as much of a childish response.

So, I've just posted an image of a sportsman I like. You or anyone else could think it pointless, but I support him and think a lot of him. If in the next few minutes I find another one which I'd like to share with the forum, because it's all about sharing interests and the thread is called 'post any image' and it's not breaking and rules, can a post another? What about if I wanted to post images of every single band I like? etc... Is that pointless, too frequent, or are the mods going to make up another silly rule such as they don't support him or he's wearing a blue outfit?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Pretty much sums up the collective opinion on this and all other threads kardan has posted in regards to 'abusing' postcount and other such crap. Does anybody really even care!?!?!

I can't say I sympathize hugely with somebody who has attempted to push boundaries by spamming to prove his point on so many occasions but I will concur that mods will sometimes bend the rules a little if it allows them to deal with an individual easily. They shouldn't really be giving a warning for a rule that wasn't even established yet -- especially if it's not being given retroactively to all other users that have committed the same rulebreak in the past.

It's a pointless image thread, the content of his posts were not where the problem was. Instead of introducing this silly little rule to combat one person can I suggest we just introduce different rule that somehow encompasses this and all other types of trolling and still allow forum images to be posted because that is such a crap way of dealing with things and still allows him to post images he finds elsewhere so nothing will have changed...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

I think the -rep was a bit immature and unnecessary. Especially claiming that I haven't read half of the thread, when clearly my posts have all be relevant.

I've commented on what images are deemed pointless, childish behaviour contained in this and other similar threads, the reaction of moderators to THIS issue. How are these points not relevant?

Clearly an individual can't have an opinion on this forum without -rep from someone disagreeing. Seriously grow up.
    Last edited by Charz777; 07-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast