HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Default Do you care about the value of gifts?

I was thinking about this earlier as I received a puzzle as a gift and it has MISSING PIECES but cos it wasa gift I don't have a receipt. It was bought on Amazon and I have their login but I dont wanna like... go lookin yknow?

BUT.

I actually don't care about gift values!! Or if I buy something rly expensive and get something cheap in return, as long as it has meaning behind it!! I care so much about MEANINFGUL gifts. I literally have an expensive bracelet and a notebook from similar "levels" of people in my life and I love them both equally cos of the sentiment

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

nope not at all, i'd value the practicality more to be honest or the experience.

rather have the money and use it for my next travels

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

No! These days, the great majority of the gifts I receive from friends are things that were made by themselves such as drawings music, etc. but when it comes to something they've bought, it doesn't matter, pronto! One of my buddies bought me a quality game from Steam and after some months I noticed that its price were way less than R$1,00 and at the time he's bought it the game was being sold with a massive discount which has probably made it cheaper than a can of Coke; that was funny but not disappointing to know. The game was great anyways and by the way, gotta win it
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 02-10-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I don’t but I care more about the usefulness of the thing and how much thought and meaning went into it. I’d rather for example receive a $15 mug that the person knew I’d love because they’d seen me tweet about my love of the cartoon on the mug or something than receiving a $100 necklace that I’d never wear because the person didn’t take any interest in what I usually wore (eg buying gold when I always wear silver).

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

If i get something thats expensive i tend to feel bad like they didn't need to spend that much money on me im just happy to get any gifts even socks i love a new pair socks. Something that has meaning or even something piratical. Ever since my brother left home my mum makes him a bag full of stuff like fancy coffees, chocolates and puddings for Christmas which i think it's such a sweet idea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

To be honest, since the only person who give gifts to me are my best friends, I kinda decided for them what to buy. So, I love it cause I want it and because who gave it. ^^

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    nope not at all, i'd value the practicality more to be honest or the experience.

rather have the money and use it for my next travels
    Yeah see I hate getting money as a gift, it seems so impersonal, I’m such a sentimental person ((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

uh to an extent yes
    and I don't mean that in a "get me expensive things" but some things I would never want on the cheap at this point in my life, particularly electronics
    if it's like beer or clothes or whatever then no

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do to an extent, same as Dragon Ball GT Z. Like, if somebody bought me a house and another person bought me a lamp, I am probably going to be more thankful for the house. Not that I won't cherish the lamp, but the value of a house is so much that they just aren't on the same level. I never ask for expensive gifts, though. I guess in that way, value is also a factor. I don't want people to spend a lot of money on me, so if they do I would express an extended gratitude.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah gimme de gold

Also nah prefer things that have been thought about obv
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast