HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default New to Habbo Hotel

Hello all, I have been a gamer since early 2005.
    Heard a lot about Habbo Hotel but never got around to playing it, I am more of a MMO guy.

So.. I recently registered on Habbo Hotel as "DatGuyAsh" and I seem to be having some fun.
    But I have some questions to ask which have been listed below.

1. How do you make a room and do you need to pay for them?
    2. How do you advertise a room to make it a popular/active room?
    3. Is there options to set a room to a beach etc? I have seen a beach room but guessing that's an official room?

That's basically it for now, if I need to ask more questions I'll add them above in the list.
    Thank you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hey there! Welcome to Habbox Forum!

Basically to make a room you need furni. To get furni you can do loads of things such as listening to habboxlive.com and winning competitions or credits and enter some competitions at habbox.com/comps to win some credits. Credits can also be used to buy furni in shops. It's good to see you came across Habbox so soon after getting set up on Habbo because there's loads to be won!

My name is Phil and I'm the Forum Manager so let me know if you need help with anything!

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

yay welcomeeeee
    How do you make a room and do you need to pay for them? Simply, open your navigator, and click the 'me' which displays your rooms, your group rooms, rooms you recently went to, etc. At the bottom of it there will be an option to create your own room, where you can look thru the different layouts and pick one of your own. The room settings can be changed later, but the room layout will be permanent. You can, of course, delete the room. HCs would have a greater substantial amount of room layouts that may be choosed from compared to non-HC.
    How do you advertise a room to make it a popular/active room? Go into your room and at the top right hand corner, you can promote your room. It costs duckets, i can't really remember how nuch, but they are rather cheap and can be gained over time as long as you log in and play. You can also tag a room under the room settings with phrases that might be of interest to people or related too your room in general. You can only promote a room if you own it, or if you have rights in it.
    Is there options to set a room to a beach etc? I have seen a beach room but guessing that's an official room? I don't really get this but with furniture, yes you can build your own beach. Also you can rename your room to 'Beach'.

Shoot any questions you have, @Drewar; here is also a master ambassador and he is mostly helping the new users around in Habbo.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the bad english lel

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

The other two have already been answered pretty well, but in regards to building a beach you will need to buy beach-related furni. Normally if you look through other peoples' rooms (search "shop" in the navigator and scroll through the rooms that come up) you can find this kind of furni. You'd need to buy things like Sand Patches, Water Patches, Deck Chairs, etc. Basically anything you can find that you think would fit into a beach-related room

But setting up successful beaches normally takes a lot of credits. So you can either buy them by going to habbo.com/credits or, as Phil said, you can win credits by checking out HabboxLive.com (sometimes the DJs do competitions), Habbox.com/comps (you win at least 5c per competition won), going along to Habbox events (check out this timetable regularly to see when events are on) or taking part in Habbox's bigger seasonal competitions!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Little side note; if you need to buy/trade any beach furni, I have looaaaadddsss.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Once you think you have enough to trade for beach furni, visit http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24 and post a thread or find a thread with someone selling the items you need, it can be quite useful!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wubing

Latest Awards:

Hi there.